What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Regarding the new point levels, the system was set up so that in the majority of cases you will move into the same level as your current level. We are seeing from your comments that there may be some issues with this on the calculations as the point system has been converted. We will need to do some research on these cases and get back to you with an update. From past test and current point conversions we so far have not had any issues documented. Because of the upcoming New Year's holiday it will take some time to respond, but we will hopefully get back to you by end of this week or early next week. Thanks for your patience!

If Azamara is using the Celebrity loyalty accounting system without alteration--as you have twice asserted on this thread--the threshold for assignment to Elite membership [ostensibly comparable to Azamara Discoverer status] will not necessarily yield testing errors...

Cruise Critic Member "2fromTO"--see post #38, dated 29 December, above--very articulately describes a potential disconnect...

Celebrity's uppermost limit for Select [Azamara Explorer] membership is 299 Cruise Points with Elite membership starting at 300 Cruise Points... Azamara has twice posted--you and Bill have both done so--that the uppermost limit for Explorer status is 309 points with Discover status starting at 310 points...

If Azamara's intent is to replicate membership levels in Le Club Voyage on the same Cruise Points basis as Celebrity--so as to require no system modification and remain parallel--there is a ten point discrepancy in what has been published...

If that difference is unintentional--perhaps caused by a typo in what has been published here versus the testing standards that are being used [goodness knows what might have been used for the upcoming personalized communication]--it seems entirely possible that no testing errors would be detected... And if that's all it is, a correcting post to this thread will remedy the situation--at least for Cruise Critic members--and perhaps negate the need for further system validation...

If the difference is instead intentional--so as to have required systems customization--it would seem that one could forego reinvention of the testing wheel by inviting "2fromTO" to contact you--perhaps via e-mail--with his/her identity/LCV membership # so as to help pinpoint the circumstances that prompted his/her observation...

My thoughts are intended to be constructive... Hope they help...

--Mike

I too am extremely perplexed and disturbed that Azamara seems to be able to send an email with our new status in January, but does not seem to know at this point what benefits that new status will incur, and not be able to provide those benefits until the middle of 2014??? I am leaving on a cruise on 2/17. I will be receiving an email, SUPPOSEDLY this month, listing my new status. What material difference does this make to me at this point? A very poor way to handle things. Makes me kind of wish I could just cancel and sail later on....

In trying to pin down a likely implementation date I read the first post here by AzamaraJoel again which said the new benefits for the additional levels would be in place "around" Azamara Club Cruises 4th birthday. I looked up when this is and it appears that it will be early April 2014. I'm still scratching my head as to why we would be told our new status (if any) in mid-January and have to wait three months or more for additional benefits. I'm sure it will all become clear in the fullness of time though;)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Thanks for the update Joel. I understand the limitations placed on Azamara with its "back-end" ties to Celebrity and do respect Azamara's decision to delay its communication of the new loyalty program even though I do not understand why.

My frustration stems not just from the delay of the announcemnt but also from the way in which the communication has been handled and the piece meal manner in which the program has been launched. It has spawned confusion, speculation and frustration.

I appreciate your commitment to investigate those cases (like mine) in which reaching the next tier will be impacted by the new points system. I was awarded enough bonus points to achieve Elite on my next cruise but not enough to achieve Discoverer. Did Azamara rely on Celebrity's impact assessment when the points were converted? If so, did Azamara not consider the impact of setting the threshold for Discover at 310 points compared to setting the threshold for Elite at 300? How will Azamara recognize its LCV members with 300 to 309 points? They will be Elite but not Discoverer. According to the FAQ section of the Celebrity webiste those with Elite staus will be recognized as Discoverer:

Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity.

As to the issue of customization, I agree with other posters that some level of customization should be possible, for example to recognize an Azamara veranda as equivalent to a Celebrity AquaClass stateroom. The explaination as to why the system can not be customized is puzzling when Azamara has already "customized" the system by setting a different threshold level for Discoverer.

Finally, the delay in rolling out the new benefits. Why not try a "soft launch" of the Discoverer Plus benefits ahead of the 4th year anniversary announcment? No big annoucement needed - just send out an email to each of the top tier members who have cruises booked between now and then...

Thanks for the update Joel. I understand the limitations placed on Azamara with its "back-end" ties to Celebrity and do respect Azamara's decision to delay its communication of the new loyalty program even though I do not understand why.

Finally, the delay in rolling out the new benefits. Why not try a "soft launch" of the Discoverer Plus benefits ahead of the 4th year anniversary announcment? No big annoucement needed - just send out an email to each of the top tier members who have cruises booked between now and then...

Hi 2fromTO, Couldn't agree more.

I had not realised that on our upcoming Azamara cruise we would not have

Discoverer Plus benefits. It won't stop my enjoyment of Azamara, just seems a shame as I had told my DH the good news (which now turns out not to be implemented on Azamara until after our Az cruise).

Perhaps we will get an email from Miami - though I won't hold my breath.

Hapicruisin

Three votes here

1. For a higher points earning rate on Azamara - verandas absolutely should be tiered as Aquaclass in the first instance. Club Continental Suite should also have a higher figure given the significant cost differential to Celebrity. If IT systems cannot be set to different multiples how about a static +25 points for all sailings - Celebrity clearly have an offer code for this additional already that could be applied

2. There should be some small gesture on board that recognises Elite plus and Zenith guests on the basis that there are benefits in place already for the other tiers - and ASAP any benefit changes be announced. This will remove some if the angst of those who feel they are now earning less for no benefit

3. Not something of interest to many but I do think the 90 point conversion for a 14+ night cruise in a suite is poor! those maths were worked out by Celebrity/RCI bean counters who did not want to have an exercise of looking at individual histories. So now guests who sailed in Azamara suites for 14+ nights are given the same points as a cruiser for a 12 night Celebrity concierge sailing - for what guests paid on Azamara, they could have had 3-5 Celeb sailings and on many routes there were destination overlaps. Again, I would suggest Azamara look at guests histories and again apply the +25 points code for each suite based sailing in the histories.

The current conversions have been calculated taking account of the Celebrity guests sailing patterns rather than the Azamara guests - one of the disadvantages of still being joined in the scheme - but some flexibility is needed

Hi Everyone,

I realize there's a great deal of discussion about whether the level will be set at 300 or 310 points, but since Azamara has stated they are limited as to Celebrity's technology, wouldn't it seem logical that the 310 reference is a typo, and the level will be at 300 points ?

While I'm unable to confirm the above, why not wait for the official announcement, before getting upset about it ? I realize that frustration levels are high, and understandably so, but it sounds as if the details are to follow in a few weeks. Just my .02 cents.

Happy New Year !

Hi Everyone,

I realize there's a great deal of discussion about whether the level will be set at 300 or 310 points, but since Azamara has stated they are limited as to Celebrity's technology, wouldn't it seem logical that the 310 reference is a typo, and the level will be at 300 points ?

While I'm unable to confirm the above, why not wait for the official announcement, before getting upset about it ? I realize that frustration levels are high, and understandably so, but it sounds as if the details are to follow in a few weeks. Just my .02 cents.

Happy New Year !

Happy New Year Andy,

I do not think the gist of this thread is about the difference between if Elite is 300 or 310 credits.

I think most people (including me) are upset that Azamara has implemented the new reduced point accrual system w/o implementing the added benefits for Elite+ or Zenith. I do not know what they plan to add for these new levels but the Zenith changes at Celebrity are IMPRESSIVE.

The other concern is Azamara using the same new point accrual system as Celebrity. I have looked at the Azamara and Celebrity web sites and Azamara is now 3X the price of Celebrity:confused: Yes, they are a nicer brand, but not worth 3X - in my opinion. Therefore guests should receive SIGNIFICANTLY more points if Azamara expects to remain in business.

I refuse to pay 3X the cost of Celebrity and NOT receive any additional benefits for being Zenith.

I realize there's a great deal of discussion about whether the level will be set at 300 or 310 points, but since Azamara has stated they are limited as to Celebrity's technology, wouldn't it seem logical that the 310 reference is a typo, and the level will be at 300 points?

In the specific matter that you cite above, I too--as noted in Post #51--believe that it may be no more than a typo... But for "2fromTO"--and I'm sure others--the issue is material in the context that he/she fully anticipated reaching Discoverer status based upon consecutive cruises that start a month from now...

Azamara needs to address this and other issues--such as the adequacy, as some have suggested here, of Azamara's Club Point accruals by cabin category [given their price differential to Celebrity] and implementation of enhanced loyalty benefits for those who have already attained [or who imminently expect to attain, perhaps during upcoming consecutive cruises] a new membership level and anticipated enjoying them--whatever they are; it astounds me that they haven't been defined/published--during first quarter cruises [frankly, rolling out the improvements so as to coincide with Azamara's fourth anniversary is immaterial--and fundamentally disrespectful--to those of us who have reached [or may reach during B2B first quarter sailings] such a milestone--now...

To Celebrity's credit, they seemingly timed implementation of their new Club Points accrual system [roughly] coincident with implementation of other Captain's Club changes... It's difficult to understand why--other than that pride sometimes gets in the way of good judgment--Azamara didn't follow the best practices of their sister line or, at a minimum, anticipate the reactions expressed here and taken proactive action to address them prior to what has become a very rocky implementation... So much opportunity--for great press, for guest goodwill--lost but not unsalvageable!

Silence can breed complacency... And complacency can breed a false sense that everything is okay and/or that it's too late to do anything to remedy the situation... Frustration is high and, I expect, particularly so for those who are sailing now or soon [personally, I'm leaving in three weeks for 42 nights on Journey]; I'd like to--and deserve to--know what to expect before I board as the current scenario is casting some taint, no matter how great the onboard experience impressions start pre-cruise, on what should be a lifetime trip... Commitment is a mutual thing...

--Mike

Hello everyone!

We have done research internally, and we can confirm that we have had no documented issues with guests being converted in to a lower level. We can also confirm that all guests will be moved in the equivalent tier or higher in the new program.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

Happy New Year Andy,

I do not think the gist of this thread is about the difference between if Elite is 300 or 310 credits.

I think most people (including me) are upset that Azamara has implemented the new reduced point accrual system w/o implementing the added benefits for Elite+ or Zenith. I do not know what they plan to add for these new levels but the Zenith changes at Celebrity are IMPRESSIVE.

The other concern is Azamara using the same new point accrual system as Celebrity. I have looked at the Azamara and Celebrity web sites and Azamara is now 3X the price of Celebrity:confused: Yes, they are a nicer brand, but not worth 3X - in my opinion. Therefore guests should receive SIGNIFICANTLY more points if Azamara expects to remain in business.

I refuse to pay 3X the cost of Celebrity and NOT receive any additional benefits for being Zenith.

Hi Tommy,

Happy New Year to you as well.

I agree with you, that Celebrity's Zenith level is impressive. IMO, Celebrity's loyalty program is now the best in the industry, and should have the Azamara execs thinking how to compare their new levels, with Celebrity's program. If anything, Azamara's loyalty benefits should be the same or better, though it may be all but impossible to top Celebrity's Zenith level :)

You are correct, in that Azamara typically costs far more than Celebrity, and their point structure should be higher than Celebrity's. Unless something changes, my understanding is, their previously announced point schedule is not going to change (at least initially) so the Celebrity faithful must decide whether they wish to sail Azamara, or not. In all honesty, I'd never let loyalty points decide which line I sail on, but I understand & respect why some may feel differently. It's a personal decision.

I agree there should be reciprocal benefits for Elite Plus and Zenith members at Azamara's new levels, but I recall reading somewhere on here, (I think in one of Bill's earlier posts) that reciprocal benefits might end at the Elite/Discoverer level. If this proves to be the case, IMO, that's not a wise decision, and I suspect it may not encourage Celebrity's Elite Plus & Zenith members who've never sailed Azamara to try a new cruise experience. I hope it's something they will reconsider at some point.

Edited by Host Andy

Andy,

Thank you for your your usual well thought out reply. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

As I have indicated before, DH and I are happy with the differences between our favorite cruise lines. The perks are just nice 'thank yous' for our past and continued business.

Happy New Year to you and happy sailing in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Andy,

Thank you for your your usual well thought out reply. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

As I have indicated before, DH and I are happy with the differences between our favorite cruise lines. The perks are just nice 'thank yous' for our past and continued business.

Happy New Year to you and happy sailing in 2014.

Thank you Going Coastal for your kind comments. It's much appreciated. With all due respect, at times, I feel that the topic of loyalty benefits is overblown. I cruise for the wonderful onboard experience. To me, any and all loyalty benefits are much appreciated, and I consider them icing on the cake of a beautiful cruise experience. Sadly, I highly doubt that I will be sailing with Azamara anytime soon, but I remain confident in their fantastic onboard product, and their incredible officers and crew.

Believe me, I completely respect what our community is saying, and I'm confident the message has been delivered. While many would agree that Azamara has not handled this rollout in stellar fashion, I'd hope we'll consider being a bit more patient, and hopefully all will work out fine. What can I say, other than that I'm the eternal optimist. From time to time, my kindness and loyalty bites me in the butt, but that's the deal, and I have no choice but to accept it.

It would be appreciated if Azamara posted a specific date as to when the new updates will be put into effect onboard, as it would certainly help with any confusion. Let's hope they will give it consideration.

Thank you Going Coastal for your kind comments. It's much appreciated. With all due respect, at times, I feel that the topic of loyalty benefits is overblown. I cruise for the wonderful onboard experience. To me, any and all loyalty benefits are much appreciated, and I consider them icing on the cake of a beautiful cruise experience. Sadly, I highly doubt that I will be sailing with Azamara anytime soon, but I remain confident in their fantastic onboard product, and their incredible officers and crew.

Believe me, I completely respect what our community is saying, and I'm confident the message has been delivered. While many would agree that Azamara has not handled this rollout in stellar fashion, I'd hope we'll consider being a bit more patient, and hopefully all will work out fine. What can I say, other than that I'm the eternal optimist. From time to time, my kindness and loyalty bites me in the butt, but that's the deal, and I have no choice but to accept it.

It would be appreciated if Azamara posted a specific date as to when the new updates will be put into effect onboard, as it would certainly help with any confusion. Let's hope they will give it consideration.

I agree, Andy.

The loyalty scheme has no part of my decision making process when choosing a holiday. I love Azamara and will be taking my third cruise with them in April but I couldn't tell you what level I am on because it doesn't matter- it is not a deciding factor. It is the ship and the staff that make it along with a fab itinerary. So it would be best to stop all the second guessing and wait til the announcement is made and then decide how you want to move forward. Thanks. :)

...Frustration is high and, I expect, particularly so for those who are sailing now or soon [personally, I'm leaving in three weeks for 42 nights on Journey]; I'd like to--and deserve to--know what to expect before I board as the current scenario is casting some taint, no matter how great the onboard experience impressions start pre-cruise, on what should be a lifetime trip... Commitment is a mutual thing...

--Mike

I hear and understand your frustration. IMO, you do deserve to know what comes with your 42 nights on Journey BEFORE you board.

Hopefully it will all be worked out to your satisfaction.

In any case, Happy Cruising!!

Hi Tommy,

Happy New Year to you as well.

I agree with you, that Celebrity's Zenith level is impressive. IMO, Celebrity's loyalty program is now the best in the industry, and should have the Azamara execs thinking how to compare their new levels, with Celebrity's program. If anything, Azamara's loyalty benefits should be the same or better, though it may be all but impossible to top Celebrity's Zenith level :)

You are correct, in that Azamara typically costs far more than Celebrity, and their point structure should be higher than Celebrity's. Unless something changes, my understanding is, their previously announced point schedule is not going to change (at least initially) so the Celebrity faithful must decide whether they wish to sail Azamara, or not. In all honesty, I'd never let loyalty points decide which line I sail on, but I understand & respect why some may feel differently. It's a personal decision.

I agree there should be reciprocal benefits for Elite Plus and Zenith members at Azamara's new levels, but I recall reading somewhere on here, (I think in one of Bill's earlier posts) that reciprocal benefits might end at the Elite/Discoverer level. If this proves to be the case, IMO, that's not a wise decision, and I suspect it may not encourage Celebrity's Elite Plus & Zenith members who've never sailed Azamara to try a new cruise experience. I hope it's something they will reconsider at some point.

Andy, I found this on the Celebrity web site. I does indicate that Elite Plus will be at the Discoverer Plus level and Zenith, at the Discoverer Platinum.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/terms.do

Gerry

The loyalty scheme has no part of my decision making process when choosing a holiday. :)

We usually cruise Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We happened to get a great deal on on this Azamara cruise, so we're doing our first.

I would be paying for a pre-dinner cocktail and internet minutes on any mass market line not within the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Ltd. family. Because the loyalty programs save me money, I will not cruise with another line.

I was rewarded for being loyal and I will honor that reward by remaining loyal.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

Andy, I found this on the Celebrity web site. I does indicate that Elite Plus will be at the Discoverer Plus level and Zenith, at the Discoverer Platinum.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/terms.do

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

That's welcome news. Thank You for bringing it to our attention. Happy New Year !

Hi Gerry,

That's welcome news. Thank You for bringing it to our attention. Happy New Year !

So the big questions reminds what can they give us? We have more minutes then Celebrity, more laundry coupons and we always got good free coffee. Plus in a suite you get two speciality restaurants included. So any good guesses?

So the big questions remains what can they give us? We have more minutes than Celebrity, more laundry coupons and we always got good free coffee. Plus in a suite you get two speciality restaurants included. So any good guesses?

My guess would be dinner in Prime C or Aqualina (one or more) for those not in suites. For those in suites, I don't have a clue. We've never used all 235 of our Discoverer level internet minutes, so unlimited internet would be of no benefit to us. Perhaps a larger spa discount might be given, although it would be of no interest to me (though others would love it). An included excursion or two might be a possibility.

We will be Discoverer +, so I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Prices have certainly gone up over the few years that Azamara has been in business. I just looked at the invoice for our 14 night Black Sea cruise in June 2009. We paid $2,658 per person for a balcony cabin. That's a per diem of $190. The Black sea cruise sailing in June of 2104 is 9 nights and the cost is $4849 per person for the same cabin. That's a per diem of $539. Yes, I know that prices were low because there were many available cabins. Yes, I know that there is more included now. But for someone who drinks only 1 glass of wine a day and very little else, that's a big increase.;)

Plus in a suite you get two speciality restaurants included.

If you mean two visits, its actually unlimited visits in a suite, if you were posting cryptically to say you had both restaurants covered please ignore this part of the post:rolleyes:

Many people on azamara now are still working and are often in the kind of jobs where they need to keep touch with work even on leave, so as a Discoverer Plus, more internet would be appreciated as on a two week trip we do go through all our minutes

Edited by uktog

If you mean two visits, its actually unlimited visits in a suite, if you were posting cryptically to say you had both restaurants covered please ignore this part of the post:rolleyes:

Many people on azamara now are still working and are often in the kind of jobs where they need to keep touch with work even on leave, so as a Discoverer Plus, more internet would be appreciated as on a two week trip we do go through all our minutes

Ann

Have you met Greg and Scott? Scott gies thru packages like water.

But we have more than celebrity does before elite plus.

Yes to cryptically about dinners. How do they one up that one.

So the big questions reminds what can they give us? We have more minutes then Celebrity, more laundry coupons and we always got good free coffee. Plus in a suite you get two speciality restaurants included. So any good guesses?

Hi Robin,

As you are well aware, Azamara is more inclusive than the mainstream lines. I suspect the list of amenities for the 2 new levels may not be nearly as exciting as what Celebrity now offers to Zenith members. As to what Azamara can offer ? Additional Internet minutes, Discounts or perhaps a complimentary specialty dining voucher (for those not in Suites) and improved laundry benefits come to mind.... of course, they might get very creative, but that remains to be seen. I'm keeping my expectations on the LCV updates low, mostly because Celebrity hit a huge home run with their update, and many folks will look to compare the two programs. With that said, I'm appreciative of whatever Azamara chooses to offer their Guests.

Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Ann - I know we've cruised together more than once. When that happens again, I'd be happy to have you use some of our minutes.:)

Toni

Hi Robin,

As you are well aware, Azamara is more inclusive than the mainstream lines. I suspect the list of amenities for the 2 new levels may not be nearly as exciting as what Celebrity now offers to Zenith members. As to what Azamara can offer ? Additional Internet minutes, Discounts or perhaps a complimentary specialty dining voucher (for those not in Suites) and improved laundry benefits come to mind.... of course, they might get very creative, but that remains to be seen. I'm keeping my expectations on the LCV updates low, mostly because Celebrity hit a huge home run with their update, and many folks will look to compare the two programs. With that said, I'm appreciative of whatever Azamara chooses to offer their Guests.

Happy New Year !

Andy

I am dreaming very big here... I l get a spa discount on certain massages but. It on hair or nails or toes.? My dream is a bigger discount and would live it in the spa but since Steiner owns it ..s big dream.

At 237 Internet minutes it is still more than celebrity do I guess 300 minutes. Love to see more laundry coupons .. But I do agree not much more they can give us.

Will be on Quest tomorrow afternoon. So any real facts will get posted asap