What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

As tomorrow is May 1st we are now well into the second quarter of the year.

While Azamara can announce the changes to the loyalty tiers whenever they wish, if they tell us that they are going to advise us in the second quarter I don't expect them to do it on June 30th. And I am perplexed that they weren't ready to make the announcement at the same time as Celebrity.

I will be on the Journey on May 12 and will certainly be asking Heike and Sarah-Lou for an update.

IMO this is another area where they have over promised and under delivered

We are well passed what was promised re the 4th anniversary, sadly this is all becoming another of the overpromise under deliver jokes we are getting far too many of lately

However, we are working on changes to the benefits, we are currently planning to launch these in the 2nd quarter of 2014 - around Azamara Club Cruises 4th anniversary!

We wish you a continued wonderful Holiday Season, and all the best for 2014.

Kind regards,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

The simple way to look at this is to treat the operation as two separate companies, land and sea based. The crew are wonderful and if they promise something, they will deliver and probably yesterday.

The land-based lot make promises, which usually happen tomorrow. Trouble is tomorrow is always the next day. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Azamara product (and use it as often as finances allow). I can understand many of Azamara's business decisions ... many I can't. There is, however one that completely baffles me. Why STILL no announcement about the new Le Club Voyage level benefits. Need I remind Azamara that the Celebrity Cruises announcement was about 6 months ago (and cannot have come as a surprise to Azamara)? It is now shameful that not a word has been said. Nothing at all. Over to you Azamara!!!!!

I love the Azamara product (and use it as often as finances allow). I can understand many of Azamara's business decisions ... many I can't. There is, however one that completely baffles me. Why STILL no announcement about the new Le Club Voyage level benefits. Need I remind Azamara that the Celebrity Cruises announcement was about 6 months ago (and cannot have come as a surprise to Azamara)? It is now shameful that not a word has been said. Nothing at all. Over to you Azamara!!!!!

I am guessing there never will be an upgrade above the Discover level. IMO, they should delete the classes above Discoverer from the website and move on. Approximately 99.999% of their pax will never reach the Discover plus levels anyway. Celebrity tail wagging the ACC dog. ACC should have never promised what the don't want to deliver, granted, but in the end they already had better bennies than X elite so why lock step follow the mass market dog? Possibly related to the departure of Edie to Crystal at roughly the same time.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

I am guessing there never will be an upgrade above the Discover level. IMO' date=' they should delete the classes above Discoverer from the website and move on. Approximately 99.999% of their pax will never reach the Discover plus levels anyway. Celebrity tail wagging the ACC dog. ACC should have never promised what the don't want to deliver, granted, but in the end they already had better bennies than X elite so why lock step follow the mass market dog? Possibly related to the departure of Edie to Crystal at roughly the same time.

I'm at Discoverer Plus level and so are many people we often sail with. While a new perk will not be the deciding factor in whether we continue to book Azamara, I would love to see an additional benefit for frequent Azamara cruisers. Oceania seems to have no problem structuring their benefit program to reward their most frequent passengers/customers.

I'm at Discoverer Plus level and so are many people we often sail with. While a new perk will not be the deciding factor in whether we continue to book Azamara, I would love to see an additional benefit for frequent Azamara cruisers. Oceania seems to have no problem structuring their benefit program to reward their most frequent passengers/customers.

Congrats on being in the 0.001%!

but TBH...we earned it mostly through X....but we have been on AZ numerous times. When we were on the spring T/A last month on Quest they "announced" there were 35 of us on board...is that 0.001%??? Not sure...math was never my strong suit!!!! :D But if the company says that they have a new "level" and then that "level" never comes...not too pleased about that "marketing" picture...and I think...in my past working life...that was my strong suit!!! I did talk to staff about this while on board...and they are just as confused/frustrated etc. as the rest of us. If you have a "benefit" then let us know what it is...if not...then let's not even talk about it anymore...as it doesn't exist!!! But we did enjoy the benefits we received while on board at the regular Discoverer Level!!! LuAnn

If Discoverer Plus is the 0.001%, I guess Discoverer Platinum is the 0.0000001%?

I don't think anyone has made either of these levels by sailing on Azamara alone.

I have been on 3 Azamara cruises and almost 100 Celebrity cruises:)

Right now Azamara cannot compete with the benefits I receive on Celebrity (unlimited laundry, Premium beverage package, 1600+ min of internet, etc).

It will be interesting to see what they offer for the Plus & Platinum members.

They probably aren't really worried since we are all crossovers from Celebrity.

If Discoverer Plus is the 0.001%, I guess Discoverer Platinum is the 0.0000001%?

I don't think anyone has made either of these levels by sailing on Azamara alone.

I have been on 3 Azamara cruises and almost 100 Celebrity cruises:)

Right now Azamara cannot compete with the benefits I receive on Celebrity (unlimited laundry, Premium beverage package, 1600+ min of internet, etc).

It will be interesting to see what they offer for the Plus & Platinum members.

They probably aren't really worried since we are all crossovers from Celebrity.

if you get that then you are "Zenith" -only 40 of those.. right now i get more on Azamra than celbrity in laundry and internet minutes.

OK you X travelers who crossed over and brought your status with you expose my 99.999% comment as meant for effect, not accuracy. But Discoverer on ACC kills Elite on X, benefit wise. For those of us who will never make it to Plus, or Lord knows Zenith, particularly with the new point system, this is all a tempest in a teapot. The majority of those that have achieved X/ACC Nirvana won't switch to other lines. I suppose ACC could throw a bone your way but to RCCL it probably makes no business difference unless ACC is more profitable than X per passenger. Since RCCL won't spend money on ACC ships to compete externally I conclude, perhaps incorrectly, that ACC is not as profitable as its sisters per unit and perhaps RCCL is trying to lure you back to X with its defined super premium benefits. :cool:

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

I am going to say as much as I love S class cabins-size and quiet the cruises are in general boring compared to A's ports. at this pint i get 40 more minites per cruise with A and more laundry. so i will stick with the older cabin and less drawer space etc for ports of call.

OK you X travelers who crossed over and brought your status with you expose my 99.999% comment as meant for effect' date=' not accuracy. But Discoverer on ACC kills Elite on X, benefit wise. For those of us who will never make it to Plus, or Lord knows Zenith, particularly with the new point system, this is all a tempest in a teapot. The majority of those that have achieved X/ACC Nirvana won't switch to other lines. I suppose ACC could throw a bone your way but to RCCL it probably makes no business difference unless ACC is more profitable than X per passenger. Since RCCL won't spend money on ACC ships to compete externally I conclude, perhaps incorrectly, that ACC is not as profitable as its sisters per unit and perhaps RCCL is trying to lure you back to X with its defined super premium benefits. :cool:[/quote']

But I don't have a clue as to what you are saying??? Yes...I have travelled on X more than AZ...but this is a company decision to "cross over" benefits...not mine!! Why does" Discoverer on ACC kills Elite on X, benefit wise"??? I will be DEAD before I would ever make it to Zenith!!! What are you trying to tell me??? I really mean this...I just don't get what you are telling me??? LuAnn

Your point earning ability per £/$ spend is far less on Azamara. The per day rate on an Azamara balcony cabin is approximate to or higher than Celebrity Aquaclass yet you only get 3 points per day in a balcony but 5 points per day Aqua class.

Luckily, Le Club Voyage currently plays no part in the decision process on who I sail with and the personal recognition we get from the security staff to the waiters with the welcome drink are worth more than extra internet minutes or laundry (although both would be welcome!)

Why not just come out and say, we are not changing it for Azamara if that is the casd

Edited by uktog

Your point earning ability per £/$ spend is far less on Azamara. The per day rate on an Azamara balcony cabin is approximate to or higher than Celebrity Aquaclass yet you only get 3 points per day in a balcony but 5 points per day Aqua class.

Luckily, Le Club Voyage currently plays no part in the decision process on who I sail with and the personal recognition we get from the security staff to the waiters with the welcome drink are worth more than extra internet minutes or laundry (although both would be welcome!)

Why not just come out and say, we are not changing it for Azamara if that is the casd

Agree completely Ann. Am at Rome Airport having left the Journey this morning.

There were 6 Discoverer Plus members on our sailing including myself. Sarah-Lou, the lovely LCV Hostess said the new benefits would be announced 'soon' but I felt that she had no real information.

It does seen strange that a company which can deliver such a good on board experience is let down by the marketing gurus.

I sailed on Azamara three times several years ago when the price was virtually identical to Celebrity. I have compared prices recently on their respective web sites and from what I can tell Azamara is now 3 times the price per day of Celebrity. Since I am Zenith on Celebrity I get MORE benefits on Celebrity than on Azamara (premium beverage package, 1600 minutes of internet, unlimited laundry, Michaels Club lounge, etc).

It will be interesting to see if Azamara ever upgrades their benefits for those of us who are Elite Plus & Zenith.

Hi Ann,

Everything you said makes sense. The addition of the new LCV levels, without any new benefits, is one of the most bizarre "updates" I've ever seen. If Azamara was not ready to move forward when Celebrity made their loyalty program updates (and apparently they weren't), they should have fought with all their might, not to put the additional LCV levels on the website. IMO, it made them look very bad.

The funny thing about all of this - With everything that's included on Azamara - I wonder how much more can they offer ? Hopefully, they will find a way to straighten out this mess, without alienating their guests. FWIW, there's a great deal of discussion on the Celebrity forum, concerning the significant gap between Elite Plus and Zenith, and has upset some Captains Club members. To be clear, I feel that Celebrity did a fantastic job in adding the Zenith level, as the benefits are incredible... though I do feel there should be an additional level between Elite Plus and Zenith. It seems clear that Azamara is going to face the same challenge, though it all depends what the new LCV benefits look like - if & when it happens.

FWIW, before losing contact with Azamara, I recommended they consider a higher point structure than Celebrity, as Azamara is generally a more expensive product than Celebrity. Here's what I suggested :

Inside - 2 points per day

Ocean View - 4 points per day

Veranda - 6 points per day

Club Continent Suite - 16 points per day

Club Ocean Suite - 25 points per day

Club World Owners Suite - 36 points per day

At the time, I was told their current technology would not allow this. Of course, I highly doubt that answer - but that's what I was told. IMO, I think most categories on Azamara should have higher points than Celebrity. This might also encourage other Celebrity guests to try the Azamara expeerience, and could be a win-win for all.

Azamara has been promising the new levels for entirely too long. Either get it done, or, tell us not to expect anything at this time. At the very least, an update from the CBO would be appreciated. Looking forward to their next update !

Edited by Host Andy

I sailed on Azamara three times several years ago when the price was virtually identical to Celebrity. I have compared prices recently on their respective web sites and from what I can tell Azamara is now 3 times the price per day of Celebrity. Since I am Zenith on Celebrity I get MORE benefits on Celebrity than on Azamara (premium beverage package, 1600 minutes of internet, unlimited laundry, Michaels Club lounge, etc).

It will be interesting to see if Azamara ever upgrades their benefits for those of us who are Elite Plus & Zenith.

That's true Tommy. For those at Zenith, it's tough to make the case to sail with Azamara, but ONLY if benefits are critical to your cruise enjoyment. I can certainly see why Zenith members might feel this way, as the Zenith benefits are outstanding over at Celebrity.

If & when Azamara gets to rolling out their new benefits, I wonder if they will consider offering reciprocal benefits for Elite Plus and Zenith, to their new levels. I suspect the answer will be no, but Azamara should seriously consider it. As their ships only carry about 690 guests, it shouldn't be that tough to pull off. Again, it might cause more Celebrity guests to consider Azamara... but I doubt Azamara has even considered this scenario.

We'll see what happens.

Hi Ann,

Everything you said makes sense. The addition of the new LCV levels, without any new benefits, is one of the most bizarre "updates" I've ever seen. If Azamara was not ready to move forward when Celebrity made their loyalty program updates (and apparently they weren't), they should have fought with all their might, not to put the additional LCV levels on the website. IMO, it made them look very bad.

The funny thing about all of this - With everything that's included on Azamara - I wonder how much more can they offer ? Hopefully, they will find a way to straighten out this mess, without alienating their guests. FWIW, there's a great deal of discussion on the Celebrity forum, concerning the significant gap between Elite Plus and Zenith, and has upset some Captains Club members. To be clear, I feel that Celebrity did a fantastic job in adding the Zenith level, as the benefits are incredible... though I do feel there should be an additional level between Elite Plus and Zenith. It seems clear that Azamara is going to face the same challenge, though it all depends what the new LCV benefits look like - if & when it happens.

FWIW, before losing contact with Azamara, I recommended they consider a higher point structure than Celebrity, as Azamara is generally a more expensive product than Celebrity. Here's what I suggested :

Inside - 2 points per day

Ocean View - 4 points per day

Veranda - 6 points per day

Club Continent Suite - 16 points per day

Club Ocean Suite - 25 points per day

Club World Owners Suite - 36 points per day

At the time, I was told their current technology would not allow this. Of course, I highly doubt that answer - but that's what I was told. IMO, I think most categories on Azamara should have higher points than Celebrity. This might also encourage other Celebrity guests to try the Azamara expeerience, and could be a win-win for all.

Azamara has been promising the new levels for entirely too long. Either get it done, or, tell us not to expect anything at this time. At the very least, an update from the CBO would be appreciated. Looking forward to their next update !

Thanks Andy, as usual, a great posting. I must agree with everything you say here 100%.

That's true Tommy. For those at Zenith, it's tough to make the case to sail with Azamara, but ONLY if benefits are critical to your cruise enjoyment. I can certainly see why Zenith members might feel this way, as the Zenith benefits are outstanding over at Celebrity.

If & when Azamara gets to rolling out their new benefits, I wonder if they will consider offering reciprocal benefits for Elite Plus and Zenith, to their new levels. I suspect the answer will be no, but Azamara should seriously consider it. As their ships only carry about 690 guests, it shouldn't be that tough to pull off. Again, it might cause more Celebrity guests to consider Azamara... but I doubt Azamara has even considered this scenario.

We'll see what happens.

Hi Andy,

Right now Azamara claims to have reciprocity at every level with Celebrity. The only problem is their top three levels have identical benefits. In my mind it would be a complete change in course if they stop having reciprocity above the level of Elite. Time will tell......

Tom

Hi Andy,

Right now Azamara claims to have reciprocity at every level with Celebrity. The only problem is their top three levels have identical benefits. In my mind it would be a complete change in course if they stop having reciprocity above the level of Elite. Time will tell......

Tom

Hi TommyD3,

I think you are right. I just checked Azamara's website, and it appears there is reciprocity for Elite Plus and Zenith members. Here's the link : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

Please keep in mind that I'm unsure if this information is up to date, but it's really a non-event, until Azamara announces what the new benefits will be for Discoverer Plus & Platinum levels. If & when that happens, the question on reciprocity will become quite interesting.

Edited by Host Andy