What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

If you are paying that amount for a balcony on Azamara (assume per person per diem), well that is amazing. I haven't seen Azamara cruises that low in years.

I have taken three Azamara cruises in the last 12 months and paid that amount each time. Last time we had two nights in Athens, BA flights, private transfers, a balcony cabin all for £1750 for 7 nights cruising.

Charging consistently high prices is unsustainable, as cruise lines are finding out in Europe.

We have been putting Azamara first when considering a holiday, but no longer, even though they've recently sent us two gifts, a pen and a picture!

That's a heck of a lot more than I've received Tim. All I get, is the cold shoulder, and it's disappointing.

Edited by Host Andy

If that is the case, Azamara is foolish to not implement additional benefits for the Plus level.

It would be nice if Azamara would answer the question of why they missed their own promised deadline.

In reality I don't understand why they did not unveil additional benefits late last year.

They must have known what Celebrity was about to do when Celebrity announced the changes in November.

They are both part of the same corporation with offices in the same building.....

Hi TommyD3,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Last I heard, Celebrity & Azamara are in 2 adjacent buildings. IMO, both brands could be thousands of miles apart, and it probably wouldn't matter much. While it's all under the RCCL umbrella, it's amazing how all 3 brands seem to operate as if they've never heard of each other. Wouldn't you think they should all strive to help each other, especially in situations like this, where guests are very displeased ? Why not call in the cavalry ? Everyone should roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to complete this project without further delay.

There could be many reasons for the never ending delays. Perhaps something slipped through the cracks, and Azamara didn't get the memo. Perhaps they were advised about the changes too late in the game to coordinate a plan by the Celebrity deadline. I suspect there's a huge cost involved, and Azamara might be opting to save their ammunition for bigger plans. Last but not least, perhaps Azamara underestimated what was involved, and that's why we are still waiting. With that said, I have no doubt that Azamara is working hard to complete the project... but an update from Larry, Signe or Bonnie would go a long way here, and be much appreciated by our community.

No matter what the actual reasons for the delays... they've had more than enough time to make *something* happen - even if temporary, as a sign of goodwill. They could have implemented an onboard program for Discoverer Plus and Platinum members on a trial run. Makes sense, as it would have given them a great opportunity to evaluate new amenities and make adjustments, if need be. At the same time... they would eliminate this ongoing conversation. Seems like a win-win to me.

I agree with Xport. This issue has gone on entirely too long. Let's hope we'll hear from Azamara shortly.

Edited by Host Andy

Azamara cruises include many of the items that are rewarded for elite Plus and Zenith. Aside from the free one week cruise on Celebrity, most of the other items are not very valuable. As Discoverer, etc,etc. you get 235 free internet minutes per cruise regardless of the length of the cruise. On Celebrity elite gets 90 minutes, more for elite plus and zenith. If Azamara follows the lead of its competition, unlimited Internet will probably soon be the norm. Of course, a free Azamara cruise would be nice. I don't think it will happen. Beyond Discoverer, everything is the same. I am unsure what you want from Azamara. The only real perk might be some free excursions or an upgrade. I am amazed that this thread keeps going.

Bonnie

Could you please give us the status of the Le Club levels update that was supposed to be out during the 2d qtr? Thanks.

I wish I had news for you; for all of you.

You'll be the first to know when an announcement is forthcoming.

Bonnie

Azamara cruises include many of the items that are rewarded for elite Plus and Zenith. Aside from the free one week cruise on Celebrity, most of the other items are not very valuable. As Discoverer, etc,etc. you get 235 free internet minutes per cruise regardless of the length of the cruise. On Celebrity elite gets 90 minutes, more for elite plus and zenith. If Azamara follows the lead of its competition, unlimited Internet will probably soon be the norm. Of course, a free Azamara cruise would be nice. I don't think it will happen. Beyond Discoverer, everything is the same. I am unsure what you want from Azamara. The only real perk might be some free excursions or an upgrade. I am amazed that this thread keeps going.

As Zenith I have 1600 minutes of free internet, unlimited laundry (incl dry cleaning & pressing) and the premium beverage package.

As a minimum (being the "upscale" line) Azamara should match these.

There are also the perks that mimic what suites get including Michaels Club, red carpet embarkation, reserved seating in the theater and the BVLGARI bath products.

Celebrity "hit it out of the park" with the new Zenith benefits:)

It would be nice if Azamara did SOMETHING:(

Edited by TommyD3

I wish I had news for you; for all of you.

You'll be the first to know when an announcement is forthcoming.

Bonnie

Has the announcement been pushed back?

Is there any official word about the delay?

This is VERY similar to when everyone was waiting for Celebrity to announce their Captains Club changes.

Even their CEO said they were imminent (here on CC) over a year before the actual announcement.

No, I realize he does not have a crystal ball. But I do expect him to announce the drydock scale-back as soon as the decision was made. This was not done; and no announcement or specific details until drydock substantially underway.

A Canary Islands cruise was added at the time the drydock was shortened, so it was announced. If you must be unrelentingly negative, at least get your facts straight.

A Canary Islands cruise was added at the time the drydock was shortened, so it was announced. If you must be unrelentingly negative, at least get your facts straight.

My facts are straight- there was no mention of the cancelation of stateroom refurbishments and "major design changes" when the shortened drydocks became known. Put away the pom-poms and admit that AZ's communication is the nadir in the industry and RCCL is not supporting AZ; and may well never- it is a pimple on their fanny. And yes, I have spent a month last year on AZ. Crew was great, but its ships desperately need refurbished. Book a cruise on one of Oceania's recently refurbished R ships and then tell me AZ doesn't have competition issues. Have you been on O?

Bonnie

what a pity you had to post this but I guess that's all the info you had been given!

I will be a new Azamara cruiser, however this post gives a very poor impression of the line. Surely the level of discontent shown here and the fact that the issue wont go away is enough to persuade someone that more information is needed - at least another forecast date.......

My facts are straight- there was no mention of the cancelation of stateroom refurbishments and "major design changes" when the shortened drydocks became known. Put away the pom-poms and admit that AZ's communication is the nadir in the industry and RCCL is not supporting AZ; and may well never- it is a pimple on their fanny. And yes, I have spent a month last year on AZ. Crew was great, but its ships desperately need refurbished. Book a cruise on one of Oceania's recently refurbished R ships and then tell me AZ doesn't have competition issues. Have you been on O?

I have no interest in O, and I disagree with your "desperate need" opinion. Azamara bookings are running nearly 100% ahead of last year at this time. Maybe many don't want their staterooms to look like they've been furnished by Ikea.

Not clear to me why it isn't obvious that when a drydock is shortened some things aren't going to get done. Your quoting Pimentel without explaining what happened between the quote you cited and the drydock was simply deceiving.

On our recent North Cape cruise both Heike and Johannes mentioned in separate Q&A sessions that the fire on the Quest cost Azamara $17 million (US$) and that was what significantly changed the scope of improvements during the planned dry docks.

I have no interest in O, and I disagree with your "desperate need" opinion. Azamara bookings are running nearly 100% ahead of last year at this time. Maybe many don't want their staterooms to look like they've been furnished by Ikea.

Not clear to me why it isn't obvious that when a drydock is shortened some things aren't going to get done. Your quoting Pimentel without explaining what happened between the quote you cited and the drydock was simply deceiving.

You might want to reexamine your opinion of Ikea. An O deck 8 stateroom refurbished.

staterooms-ship-ph1.jpg.29b414fbbd295be9064d38a972cd2742.jpg

You might want to reexamine your opinion of Ikea. An O deck 8 stateroom refurbished.

But that is a Club Continent Suite equivalent on Azamara and not a standard balcony. Maybe the standards aren't so tacky. None the less I would gladly sail in a standard balcony on Journey with the old decor based on that photo.

We aslo disagree with the "desperate need" to upgrade staterooms. We are very comfortable with them in their current state and are looking forward to our month on Quest in August.

On our recent North Cape cruise both Heike and Johannes mentioned in separate Q&A sessions that the fire on the Quest cost Azamara $17 million (US$) and that was what significantly changed the scope of improvements during the planned dry docks.

Wow that seems almost negligent if they meant that there wasn't insurance to cover any fire damage to the ship. Of course lost bookings while repairs were being made may not be insurable but I don't know about that.

Wow that seems almost negligent if they meant that there wasn't insurance to cover any fire damage to the ship. Of course lost bookings while repairs were being made may not be insurable but I don't know about that.

I agree. Supposedly when the Celebrity Millennium had an Azipod failure and was out of service for a month they had insurance that covered most of the cost and lost revenue......

With that said, I have no doubt that Azamara is working hard to complete the project... but an update from Larry, Signe or Bonnie would go a long way here, and be much appreciated by our community.

No matter what the actual reasons for the delays... they've had more than enough time to make *something* happen - even if temporary, as a sign of goodwill. They could have implemented an onboard program for Discoverer Plus and Platinum members on a trial run. Makes sense, as it would have given them a great opportunity to evaluate new amenities and make adjustments, if need be. At the same time... they would eliminate this ongoing conversation. Seems like a win-win to me.

I agree with Xport. This issue has gone on entirely too long. Let's hope we'll hear from Azamara shortly.

July 11, 2014

Here's a statement from management ...

"The Le Club Voyage program remains a priority for our brand and our internal teams are working hard to make improvements to the Club in respect to the changes in the point structure that took place late last year. A communication will be sent to all Le Club Voyage members shortly."

July 11, 2014

"The Le Club Voyage program remains a priority for our brand and our internal teams are working hard to make improvements to the Club in respect to the changes in the point structure that took place late last year. A communication will be sent to all Le Club Voyage members shortly."

As yesterday we received our first ever marketing email from Az there's even a chance we'll receive this missive when it's sent. ;)

it might be laughable!! What a joke this is and has been! We were on board X Century when the new benefits were rolled out...and we received the new benefits for that cruise! We were on Quest in late March for the TA and the hostess was so embarrassed that she could not answer any questions about "new benefits"...nor had any idea when she would be able to!!! Now it's July!~!!! I have a TA scheduled on Journey for late fall of '15....wonder if I'll know what "Discoverer Plus" benefits are by then????? :confused::rolleyes: LuAnn

Originally Posted by BBMacLaird

July 11, 2014

I wonder how embarrassed Bonnie is to make comments like this. It is abundantly clear that Azamara is the worst cruise line in communicating with potential, current or past passengers. One of these days all MBA schools will have a marketing case study that seems vaguely familiar to Azamara.

• 2 weeks later...

July 11, 2014

I wonder when "shortly" is. The point structure change took place last year. We sail in less than two weeks. Perhaps we can get an extra bag of laundry done as a reward for our "loyalty".:D

I wonder when "shortly" is. The point structure change took place last year. We sail in less than two weeks. Perhaps we can get an extra bag of laundry done as a reward for our "loyalty".:D

We were expecting the new benefits to be announced before our May cruise on Journey.

Now we are on Quest in five weeks but this time I have no expectations.

This is very poor customer relations from LCV