Bonus Points

kathynorth

The current bonus points program is about to expire. I think this was a positive move by Celebrity to take the sting out of the long anticipated, but sudden implementation of the revamped Captain's Club program. This made me wonder how bonus points might be used for future promotions.

I think that Celebrity should offer bonus points for booking early. This incentive would balance the negative feelings that people get when they book early and miss out on new bookings only specials. This could also provide balance to the booking process and reduce the need for Celebrity to fill large #s of empty cabins via last minute deals and sudden price drops.

Do any of you have ideas on how Celebrity could promote cruising through bonus points?

The current bonus points program is about to expire. I think this was a positive move by Celebrity to take the sting out of the long anticipated, but sudden implementation of the revamped Captain's Club program. This made me wonder how bonus points might be used for future promotions.

I think that Celebrity should offer bonus points for booking early. This incentive would balance the negative feelings that people get when they book early and miss out on new bookings only specials. This could also provide balance to the booking process and reduce the need for Celebrity to fill large #s of empty cabins via last minute deals and sudden price drops.

Do any of you have ideas on how Celebrity could promote cruising through bonus points?

I booked 5 cruises that qualify for the points and know others who took advantage of the promotion to reach or get closer to a higher level. I suspect that "points" will become a common component of "special" offers. I hope that the offers don't severely limit cabin category choices as this one does. In the end it will all be driven by the bottom line.