For those that cruise Galveston / Navigator

LMaxwell

I would double check on the shuttle prices, I have them, but not at home right now. If I recall the shuttle from Hobby is $39 for 2. Also, on the Country Inns web site the AAA discount rate is $225. Will not bill until you stay and refundable.

Thanks for the good advice to double check!

When I called very early this morning the lady I talked to sounded 'out of it' like I had just woke her up or something. She didnt really sound like she knew what she was talking about. Anyway, I tried to call the 800 number to book and they were closed so I decided to book online.

I booked online and message on the screen said my card would be charged at time of booking, and so does my confirmation email, however my card was not charged as of yet. I should have stated that the price I quoted earlier was including taxes. The actual amount charged for the room (without taxes and such) was $233.99.

I decided to call the hotel back this afternoon. The lady I talked to this time said my card will not be charged until I arrive. She also told me the shuttle price from Hobby to the hotel is $45 per person. The shuttle to the cruise port is $7 per person.

Once I find out my son can get this week off, I will book our flights. Then I am going to email Country Inn & Suites with my reservation number and ask for shuttle prices both from airport and cruise port so I will have it in writing. Will also look for other and hopefully cheaper shuttle service. I just didn't want to wait to secure a hotel room.

Edited by Loves_Dogs

D2's $355 per person + taxes

D1's $364!!!!

(I'm logged in as Canadian, don;t know if that will make a difference or not'

Since you are logged in, it might be your Diamond discount also

Thanks for the good advice to double check!

When I called very early this morning the lady I talked to sounded 'out of it' like I had just woke her up or something. She didnt really sound like she knew what she was talking about. Anyway, I tried to call the 800 number to book and they were closed so I decided to book online.

I booked online and message on the screen said my card would be charged at time of booking, and so does my confirmation email, however my card was not charged as of yet. I should have stated that the price I quoted earlier was including taxes. The actual amount charged for the room (without taxes and such) was $233.99.

I decided to call the hotel back this afternoon. The lady I talked to this time said my card will not be charged until I arrive. She also told me the shuttle price from Hobby to the hotel is $45 per person. The shuttle to the cruise port is $7 per person.

Once I find out my son can get this week off, I will book our flights. Then I am going to email Country Inn & Suites with my reservation number and ask for shuttle prices both from airport and cruise port so I will have it in writing. Will also look for other and hopefully cheaper shuttle service. I just didn't want to wait to secure a hotel room.

Looks like they have raised the price of their shuttle - last year it was $85 for 2 adults from Hobby & $10 for extra person and $125 for 2 adults from Bush with $15 extra person.

We have stayed at this hotel many times per cruise but drive to port so have never used their shuttle. However, they do have a very nice new Mercedes Van. From over hearing others that have booked the shuttle, think a very good idea to get their prices in writing before hand. Also, keep checking on their prices, if they aren't filling up they will lower the prices - that is a very high price, but it is Memorial Day Weekend, however, I think the price will come down because in TX, Memorial Day is not a school holiday.

Edited by golfpccc

If any one is interested, I will be releasing E2, 7320 in a few minutes - this is right at the center of the hump!! Also, cabins 6618, 6620, 6318 & 6320 (all center humps) are available, they just aren't showing on the web page. Just type in the cabin number where it says "enter stateroom number", it will tell you if the cabin is available or not.

Does anyone know why this cruise is so much cheaper than the weeks before and after it? I want to know! :confused:

Also, did anyone else see the Owners Suite that was open late last night? I did a mock booking for 3 and it was $3,255.00!!! It wasn't there anymore this morning. I wasn't at all surprised!

Edited by Ladysilver

Yup I contacted C&A this morning and they applied it no problem.

I wagered saving the money & not booking but my DH said what other vacation are we going to go on for that price. He's right, we couldn't pass it up.

I tried getting some friends and coworkers to book it too. I don't think any of them did however so now they've missed out. I told them they couldn't wait or prices would go up and sure enough.

I wonder though for those who had existing reservations if they'll be able to get the price adjustment since Customer Service was closed...

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by KITKAT0229

I just called the C&A desk. I could not combine a new Savings Certificate with my balcony discount on the cruise I booked Dec. 30th. The C&A rep. said that I could have only one or the other, so I took the higher one ($150 savings certificate). I am on the June 1 NOS out of Galveston....I know, the week AFTER the big sale one. No, we can't switch unfortunately.

I am only a platinum member and I didn't push too hard to get both discounts. Maybe someone else will have better luck?!

Can someone confirm if the savings certificate can be combined with C&A Balcony discounts? I read the details and it does not say yes or no.

No, a savings certificate cannot be combined with a balcony discount.

Whoever has a cabin on hold be careful make sure you print your receipt

Our price changed on MYCRUISES and had to call guest resolutions to get it fixed

The agent that originally came on the phone said my Military discount wasn't combinable with C&A balcony discount that's why it was changed

Guest resolutions changed pricing back to normal

It is now on hold till Monday pending TA Transfer form