Why so cheap from Galveston 5/25/14??

b8nkr

Call in and you can either get 150 obc for balconies or 300 for suites added as an obc. Just use the code your wow. Just added it and now since we booked the junior suite for 4 people for 2700 we also have a 300 obc! Heck of a deal!

Hummm...I have a C&A Savings Certificate for $150 already credited to the booking. Is the WOW OBC allowed with the Savings Certificate already applied?

Just wanted to thank the original poster who informed us about this deal! Still don't know why rates so low and this a holiday week to boot! Hubby and I got a JS for $583.79 per person with $50 obc and free specialty dinner for two (booked through online TA)! This includes taxes and port charges with the senior rate plus diamond discount. We weren't planning a cruise in May but it is a nice anniversary gift. 33 years on May 29th! Congrats to all who got in on this speedy deal!

Just wanted to thank the original poster who informed us about this deal! Still don't know why rates so low and this a holiday week to boot! Hubby and I got a JS for $583.79 per person with $50 obc and free specialty dinner for two (booked through online TA)! This includes taxes and port charges with the senior rate plus diamond discount. We weren't planning a cruise in May but it is a nice anniversary gift. 33 years on May 29th! Congrats to all who got in on this speedy deal!

No Thank You needed! I'm just glad so many were able to take advantage of such a great opportunity. Have fun and see you on board!

Hummm...I have a C&A Savings Certificate for $150 already credited to the booking. Is the WOW OBC allowed with the Savings Certificate already applied?

No, you will get one or the other. You may see them both on your invoice initially, but Royal has automated audit processes that will likely remove one at some point.

Just heard from ta; seems RCI rebilled at the new rate.

However, they corrected invoice so back to the original great price:D

Alright now, you had me holding my own breath!!!

Yeah, so glad it worked out for such nice people!!

Kelly

No, you will get one or the other. You may see them both on your invoice initially, but Royal has automated audit processes that will likely remove one at some point.

Thanks Bob...that is as I expected but thought I would ask. Saved me a call and long hold for the RCL rep.

Booked a JS on 12/31 and paid deposit.

Transferred booking to our ta. Just received new invoice - $393 more than original invoice:D

She is trying to get it corrected with RCI - hope so or a JS will be up for grabs:mad:

I called in to extend my hold since it seems TA's are really busy today:rolleyes:

While on hold I noticed the price had changed

They had dropped my MIL discount. I had to go thru guest resolutions to get the pricing back as I guess it was in my history

This cruise will be about $400 cheaper than we have currently booked

The cabin on hold is dead center hump and 1 cabin over from the one we currently are booked in.

So $840 total for a 7 day cruise in a balcony during the summer. WOW:D

My resv this morning showed a higher total, senior discount was removed. Called them and agent said he was still seeing the original numbers and sent me the invoice; so their website is acting up, surprise:D

So sad to see my hold going away. Airline fare are 400 from miami or ft Lauderdale :-(.

But I already have a booking for the allure for the same month so I don't feel that bad :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I called in to extend my hold since it seems TA's are really busy today:rolleyes:

Yes, they are busy today. My TA has been on Facebook complaining about the long hold times with Royal. I guess there are some things TA's can't do online, and she had to hold for almost an hour, and then got someone who apparently barely spoke English and didn't understand what she was being asked to do. Sheesh!

So sad to see my hold going away. Airline fare are 400 from miami or ft Lauderdale :-(.

But I already have a booking for the allure for the same month so I don't feel that bad :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just decided to check cruise prices for end of May and early June during half time of the Rose Bowl. Saw this cruise and called RCI but the phone lines were closed.

Decided to book a stateroom online and then maybe switch to a better location this morning when phones opened. I was afraid the rates would go up if I just waited. (And there were very limited choices for D1, D2 and D3 cabins).

I was able to upgrade my location IMO and got a D2 on deck nine for $535 pp. I got $150 OBC instead of the $75 C and A discount.

The CS person explained that the discounts could not be combined so I took the OBC.

Can't believe the rate as all other cruises in this time period were much higher. Have never cruised out of Texas (mostly LA and one time in FLL) so this will be a new experience.

However.............the downside right now is the airfare from LA airports is about $475 pp RT. This will likely go down in the next month or so, right guys??????????????????

Hate to pay almost as much for air as I do for a nice balcony cabin for 7 days!

BTW, the RCI CS rep (Irma) was terrific. Lots of downtime on hold but it wasn't her fault. She was very pleasant. (Are you hearing me RCI? Yep, I thought you were!):D

However.............the downside right now is the airfare from LA airports is about $475 pp RT. This will likely go down in the next month or so, right guys??????????????????

In the last couple years flying to and from Houston has almost doubled.

The merger between Continental and United changed everything.

Sometimes Southwest will have some decent prices

Another alternative is flying into Austin

It is usually half the price but is a 3 hr drive to Galveston

The Up side is the car rental for the week might be cheaper than the cost of getting to and from the port from Houston airports

Try flying out of one of the other airports in your area with service into Hobby. i.e. Southwest etc.

Hobby is closer to Galveston and airfares are usually much less.

LAX to Houston (IAH) is always more expensive.

Thank you for the airfare advice. I will look into Hobby. I have heard that Austin is an awesome city and I would like to visit there sometime.

However, we are too rushed on time in May for this cruise. Driving three hours each way does not sound like fun before a great relaxing time on Navigator.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with Navigator's drydock? What changes can I expect. My DW and I had an awesome time on Mariner three years ago. But......we were on Carnival Sunshine's inaugural cruise last May after a looooonnng drydock and it was not ready for cruisers. Bad experience!

Thanks!

Go Chiefs!!!

Oops!

Just found the thread on Navigator's drydock. 72 cabins doesn't sound horrible. As I mentioned, I was on the Carnival Sunshine inaugural cruise on May 5, 2013. They added capacity for about 500 more passengers during that drydock. Now that was bad.

Even on a port intensive Europe cruise the ship seemed very crowded, especially the pool deck. It was probably only high 60's and was very difficult to find a lounger. UGH!

The comedy club and our waiter were great though! (And it was a 12 day cruise to Europe. We had never been before. I've never been on a cruise that was ALL bad....).;)

Go Chiefs!

Edited by maitaiguy