Which pier in Curacao

zelker

Doing Zuidy 10 Night Sunfarer next month. Does anyone know if we dock at the Mega Pier in Curacao? Thanks!

For Willemstad, it could be any of four berths; Mega Pier, or on the west bank of the Sint Anna Baai at the Mathey Wharf (next to the Queen Emma pontoon bridge) in between the Queen Emma bridge and Riffort and at the Motet Wharf aka Nieuwe Werf, around the corner. Motet, without a doubt, is the least desirable because it is right smack adjacent the Curacao Oil Refinery and one of its storage tanks

There might be another possibility. On it's last visit, Crystal Serenity was docked on the other side of the channel next to Maritime museum past the floating market.

It looks though like there is never more than one ship in Willemstad with the Zuiderdam, and it should be either Mega or Mathey. My guess is that the Adventure of the Seas will be at Mega on 2/7, when Aida ship is in port 2/18 it's a tossup between the tow, and I would expect Mathey on the 28th.

Roy

We've been at all the docks in Curacao on HAL ships. We don't usually know in advance to which one we are going unless we think to ask.

Correction.....

We never docked at the pier near Floating Market but at the other three.

Our guide said he thinks it will either be at Mathey or Mega and has sent me directions and a picture of what both meeting areas look like. I didn't know if the Zuidy specifically docked at one particular pier each time she was in port there but it seems that is not the case based on all your answers. I do thank you all for your best guesses! ;)

Doing Zuidy 10 Night Sunfarer next month. Does anyone know if we dock at the Mega Pier in Curacao? Thanks!

Zuiderdam has 3 calls to Willemstad in February, with 2 of them having other ships in port according to the port authority website. Looking at the size of ships I would guess the following:

2/7 Mathey pier as Adventure Of The Seas is in and she is much bigger so will be at the Mega Pier.

2/18 Could be either Mega or Mathey as the AidaLuna is similar sized and guest carry.

2/28 Mega pier as there are no other cruise ships on the port authority schedule.

When I was there on the Crystal Symphony Captain Symonds mentioned that part of the assignment matrix was the arrival and departure times. We docked further up the channel since Luna was leaving before we did and would clear the channel at Mathey before we departed.

The Zuiderdam and AIDAluna are in port today and AIDA is at the Megapier. I suspect that all the factors are the same 2/18 as they are today and AIDA will again be at the Megapier and Zuiderdam at Mathey.

Roy

Why do you prefer Mathey, Copper?

Morning S7S; I like the sail in to, and out from, Willemstad down the Sint Anna Baai, the colored buildings, the Queen Emma bridge opening and closing, the people on the restaurant terraces along the Handelskade, etc. You don't get that at Mega Pier since ships there don't use the Sint Anna Baai.

The walk in to Otrabanda and Punda from Mega takes you there via the Riffort. From Mathey, you walk up a small hill and then down to the Emma pontoon bridge, cross it, and you'll find yourself in Punda

Just personal preference! ;)

Hi Copper, :)

Yes, all good points and the sail in is beautiful.

I find it annoying they don't open the gate at 'a possible' entry to the dock and we walk down the hill and around and then retrace our steps back to get to the gangway. I wish they'd open the gate at the top of the hilly stretch. :) Mathey is certainly convenient and it's a brief walk. It sure beats docking at the oil tanks.

I like browsing Riffort. A few shops there we really like. Then it's a nice walk from Rif passed the ladies with their trinket tables and across the pontoon to Punda. We love Curacao and each time we go, we like it even more. Wonderful people, beautiful views, colorful buildings with the wonderful dutch gables, some really good restaurants/food, good shopping, less windy than Aruba...... what more does a person need? :D

Edited by sail7seas