Have Voyager vibration probs been solved?

thinking of taking another Regent cruise,but loved Mariner(none of the vibration probs noticed).Wondering if last dry dock or refurbishment has done anything to eliminate this on Voyager.??

Know some were NOT affected,but it was a problem for me.Thanks for honest answers,in advance.;)

Not fixed and as I understand reports from many others, no way to fix the vibration and no plans to try. Millions were spent on Navigator to repair a similar problem without successful results so appears unfortunately that people like you who are affected will need to either avoid those ships or be sure to book cabins not in the affected areas.

We were on Voyager about 6 months ago and were initially assigned a cabin near the rear . The vibration was bad so we were able to change cabins to mid ship and slept like a baby!

Voyager is my favorite of all Regent ships. NEVER bothered us but some people are bothered. Remember, it's a moving vessel with all kinds of machinery and still contends with various weather conditions!

Look at bright side - you won't have to feed the bed with quarters - FREE vibration!

BTW, the beds are VERY comfortable, especialy after a hard day at sea!

Edited by TedC

We've never been troubled by any vibration on Voyager, or Navigator for that matter. Maybe we just aren't as sensitive to it but it clearly is a problem for some people. A moving ship will inevitably "feel" like it's moving, it's part of the charm of being at sea, but if vibration (which does vary depending on speed, sea conditions, etc) is a deal breaker and Regent has done all it can to fix it I guess you have to make some tough decisions.

Alexandra, mid-ship cabins don't seem to be affected, at least the ones I've been in, on deck 6.

I have been on the Voyager 3 times, always mid-ship, on deck 6 and 7, and have experienced the vibration problem at some point each time. It isn't consistent, and it isn't frequent. Our last cruise was 10 nights, felt little if any vibration until the last night.

Too bad if it can't be fixed, for me this is the one issue that prevents the Voyager from being the Perfect Ship. But certainly not enough of an issue that it would stop me from cruising on it again. And again!

If you book forward of the forward elevators, you will not feel it.

Don't you mean forward of the rear elevators? If the vibration is felt up to the forward elevators that would mean over thee quarters of the ship is affected.

and thought it was mid ship(sort of),but even felt it in tub,water seemed to vibrate too.Did feel bed was one of the quarter things,but not at all relaxing.

May just wait and take the Mariner again,since I had NO PROBLEMS on it .Better than taking a chance if not fixed.Sad...

My DH had no problems,called it the princess and the pea syndrome.What can I say??:o

Don't you mean forward of the rear elevators? If the vibration is felt up to the forward elevators that would mean over thee quarters of the ship is affected.

I am fine forward of the rear elevators, but my husband is sort of a princess on the pea. So we book forward of the forward elevators just to keep him totally happy.

We had no trouble midship but last cruise took an inexpensive upgrade to an aft penthouse. never again! Vibration was not to our liking. Next cruise we are again booked midship and would not go back aft even if upgrade was free. That's our opinion. Others may feel differently.

Since Voyager is our most favourite ship I'll put my 2 cents in. I have over 900 nights with Regent, most of which on Voyager. Always have a cabin forward of the forward elevators. Don't feel the vibration just the gentle rocking of the ship. I'm a light sleeper but sleep like a baby when onboard. The engines are at the back..sleep at the front.

Since Voyager is our most favourite ship I'll put my 2 cents in. I have over 900 nights with Regent, most of which on Voyager. Always have a cabin forward of the forward elevators. Don't feel the vibration just the gentle rocking of the ship. I'm a light sleeper but sleep like a baby when onboard. The engines are at the back..sleep at the front.

The vibration is not something that can be fixed. There is definitely a vibration (was just in rear suite). The amount of noise and vibration depends mostly upon the speed of the shipand the location of your suite. Some suites really hear the engine noise.

Whether this bothers you are not is up to you.