Will they take a signature preferred boarding pass if it has been trimmed

lets_dance

Hi, This may sound like a strange question but as I am preparing to fly out tomorrow for our first cruise, I realized that the 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper that the signature boarding pass is printed on is just like to big for the passport wallet, so I was wondering if they would still take the boarding pass if I just trimed out the box that has the 'Guest Details'. Can I trim the sheet down?

Thanks,

Lanie

You probably don't need it at all. I forgot mine on my Noordam cruise and nobody cared.

It doesn't happen often but I have heard of the Sheriff's doing security check in Port Everglades have asked to see boarding pass when going into Port Everglades to get to the ships.

You really should have a proper boarding pass to show if requested to do so.

The easier we make everyone's work, the easier it is on us. :)

I understand you forgot and didn't purposely go without one.

Edited by sail7seas

You probably don't need it at all. I forgot mine on my Noordam cruise and nobody cared.

sometimes you need it to get through security to get to the terminal. Happened our last time in Port Everglades. They needed the boarding pass to let you in.

I still remember people scrambling that didn't have theirs handy last time.

Also, if the computers go down, it sure makes life easy if you have it.

We always take ours, along with our air 'e tickets', hotel confirmations, etc.

I'd rather be safe than sorry:)

Do not trim the boarding pass.

A couple of times we have had to show our boarding passes to get inside the terminal.

Only once -- last cruise -- did we have to show our boarding pass to the person who was checking us in -- this man didn't seem to know what he was doing.

They normally don't even want to see it. As long as you have your passport, you are good to go.

They normally don't even want to see it. As long as you have your passport, you are good to go.

This has been our experience the last 2 times we've sailed from PE.

We have found that a "rent-a-guard" or shore-side representative has been stationed at the entrance to the terminal building and will ask to see it, but it seems only to make sure that those entering are at the right terminal, not for any official "checkpoint" type reason.

At the drive-in PE security checkpoints we've only been asked for passports or other official picture ID for all occupants of the vehicle.

All that being said, why not have it all available? It'll only help you out if you are asked for it and hinder you if you don't have it. I doubt anyone cares as to its size though, so long as its all there.

Edited by 0bnxshs

I always trim my boarding pass, so that it it can be placed in my documents case, and be right at hand. I would not risk trying to enter hall without it! Certainly not a silly question! I remember being a little bit anxious the first time I did it (years ago now)

Mary

If a known Security Officer gives advice regarding the boarding passes, why would anyone question it? :confused: Who do you suppose knows best? Who is most likely to have seen the exception to the 'it worked okay for me' situation?

As long as the full boarding pass is available, why does it matter how much paper there is around it?

Exactly my thought, too. If they check at all they are looking for the boarding pass information. The fact you printed it off a home computer with 8 1/2 x 11 paper is immaterial and they don't need the blank paper. I get emailed discount coupons all the time from stores where I shop a lot and just print them, cut them out of the full sheet, and take them to the store when I shop. The store doesn't want or need the full sheet, just the coupon. If they ask for the boarding pass at all they want to see the pass itself, not the blank paper.

As Copper10-8 said, what they want to see is the "boarding pass info".

Edited by peaches from georgia

At the drive-in PE security checkpoints we've only been asked for passports or other official picture ID for all occupants of the vehicle.

I don't recall ever being asked for a boarding pass to enter Port Everglades (since 2007); a few times they have asked for passports but that hasn't happened it the past couple of years either.

When they did check boarding passes outside the terminal it seems to have been to be more about identifying suite passengers and making sure people were at the right ship.

Checking in they have not looked at it either, just passport and looked us up on the computer.

That said, I always have a copy of the front page - just in case. ;) I doubt trimming the edges would cause any issues.

I don't get why they would need to see boarding passes (or even passports) to enter the port; if you are going to pick up disembarking passengers you won't have a boarding pass and maybe not a passport with you. :)

I'm not going to be the person sitting in the back seat of the taxi arguing with a Sheriff why they don't need to see our boarding passes or passports.

EVERY time we have entered Port Everglades in the last years, we have ALWAYS had to show our passports. The taxi stops at the check point booth, and a Sheriff (or some uniformed person) looks at our passports.

The only times I've been asked to present my boarding pass to port security have been when I packed it away some place where I couldn't quickly or easily locate it. When I've had it in my pocket or somewhere I could quickly put my finger on it, no one ever asked to see it.:rolleyes:

I'm not going to be the person sitting in the back seat of the taxi arguing with a Sheriff why they don't need to see our boarding passes or passports.

EVERY time we have entered Port Everglades in the last years, we have ALWAYS had to show our passports. The taxi stops at the check point booth, and a Sheriff (or some uniformed person) looks at our passports.

I can't say it has been every time, I quite frankly don't remember, but for sure it has been at least frequently. I know it has happened enough that when we get into a taxi to go to the terminal we make sure our documents and passports are readily available. At the terminal it's been hit or miss whether we've been asked for any documents before we enter the terminal. I know it has happened but not every time. It's not that I'm into "killing trees", and in fact we use recycled paper for our printers, but Mrs. K and I both have at least the first page or two....whatever pages have our personal information on it but not the whole cruise contract....of our cruise documents. We put them in the side pockets of our carry-on luggage which are never out of our sight or control. Mrs. K, thanks to her more than ample purse, carries our passports and probably gets tired of me double, triple, quadruple checking with her to make sure she has them and knows where they are. I guess you'd say we're almost paranoid about making sure we haven't traveled potentially thousands of miles and spent more than a nickel just to get turned away at an airport, hotel, or cruise terminal because we've forgotten or decided not to bring some potentially important document with us.