Blu - Summit - can I order off Everyday Menu?

carolslc

In looking at the Summit "Everyday menu" posted in another thread, and looking at Blu menus posted online, some of the "every day" items sound better than options on the Blu menu some evenings. Are the every day items - french onion soup, shrimp cocktail, plain cheesecake, creme brulee, etc available in Blu or just the MDR? Is the everyday menu offered, or do you have to ask for it? Are they offended/put out if you ask? I'm sure the Blu food is excellent, but I love some of the everyday items and would like to have them at least once, but don't really want to eat in the MDR. I saw in another thread that the 3 everyday entrees - steak, chicken, salmon - are available in Blu, but particularly wondered about the appetizers and desserts.

Thanks!

In looking at the Summit "Everyday menu" posted in another thread, and looking at Blu menus posted online, some of the "every day" items sound better than options on the Blu menu some evenings. Are the every day items - french onion soup, shrimp cocktail, plain cheesecake, creme brulee, etc available in Blu or just the MDR? Is the everyday menu offered, or do you have to ask for it? Are they offended/put out if you ask? I'm sure the Blu food is excellent, but I love some of the everyday items and would like to have them at least once, but don't really want to eat in the MDR. I saw in another thread that the 3 everyday entrees - steak, chicken, salmon - are available in Blu, but particularly wondered about the appetizers and desserts.

Thanks!

We had no problem on Reflection in Blu ordering items from the "everyday" menu. My wife sometimes ordered shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad, and others French onion soup. Desserts are not a problem. If you are looking for anything special, just give them a day or so notice. One night we asked for garlic soup for our table of 8, and they had no problem providing it the next day.

We were not able to get an item off the MDR dining room when dining in the Blu on the Summit last July. We were politely told no We did choose to dine in the MDR one night instead of Blu due to a preference in the MDR menu and were accommodated very easily.

We just got off the Summit last Saturday and stayed in Aqua class so we enjoyed dining in Blu. We ordered escargot, French onion soup, or Caesar salad every night. Creme brûlée and cheesecake (plain or with a variety of sauces to choose from) were also available every night.

We just got off the Summit last Saturday and stayed in Aqua class so we enjoyed dining in Blu. We ordered escargot, French onion soup, or Caesar salad every night. Creme brûlée and cheesecake (plain or with a variety of sauces to choose from) were also available every night.

Woo hoo - great to hear! Thanks so much. :D From other responses, it sounds like it varies.

It usually isn't a problem to get something from the MDR in Blu on the Summit because the kitchens are next to one another. We were even walked from Blu into the MDR to watch the waiter's parade on our last night on board!

Give the menu in Blu a try! The food is delicious!!

There is a difference between trying to order something off the nightly selection of the MDR menu and ordering something from the everyday menu of the MDR.

While BLU has a subset of the everyday items on their menu like Wine-O I had no problem getting French Onion Soup or Caesar Salad in Blu on Reflection on our 3 Aqua Class cruises. I'd ask politely and I'd expect if they couldn't do it one night they would offer for a subsequent night.

There is a difference between trying to order something off the nightly selection of the MDR menu and ordering something from the everyday menu of the MDR.

While BLU has a subset of the everyday items on their menu like Wine-O I had no problem getting French Onion Soup or Caesar Salad in Blu on Reflection on our 3 Aqua Class cruises. I'd ask politely and I'd expect if they couldn't do it one night they would offer for a subsequent night.

Great - thanks. Yes, it's the everyday menu I was wondering about. I love french onion soup, and it seemed like the Blu dessert menu consisted of sugar free "healthier" items, and I've heard so many good things about Celebrity's creme brulee, I really want to have some. That's one of my favorite desserts. I also love apple pie and cheesecake. I personally did not choose aqua class to eat healthy. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We are just back from the Summit and I thought I'd report on the answer to this question. In Blu, you can order the classic appetizers, entrees and desserts – Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, roast chicken, salmon, NY strip steak, crème brulee, apple pie a la mode, and cheesecake. They are listed on the menu and they are happy to provide them. At one time or another we ordered all of these, except for the salmon. The roast chicken was not good at all when dh tried it. It was the smallest chicken I have ever seen and tough and chewy. We absolutely loved the creme brulee.

We are just back from the Summit and I thought I'd report on the answer to this question. In Blu, you can order the classic appetizers, entrees and desserts – Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, roast chicken, salmon, NY strip steak, crème brulee, apple pie a la mode, and cheesecake. They are listed on the menu and they are happy to provide them. At one time or another we ordered all of these, except for the salmon. The roast chicken was not good at all when dh tried it. It was the smallest chicken I have ever seen and tough and chewy. We absolutely loved the creme brulee.

I pretty much live on the onion soup, caesar salad with anchovies(you have to ask) and I choose one night to have a creme brulee....in the interest of not having to bring larger pants. Have tried the steak and chicken everyday items and not impressed, so I find something on the menu. One night there is a salad with lamb chops on top...I ask for the lamb chops on a plate with some vegs and it's easily done. They are flexible...within reason. I add within reason because you wouldn't believe what some folks think is reasonable....every item is ordered with special instructions...it's almost amusing to hear them order.

I pretty much live on the onion soup, caesar salad with anchovies(you have to ask) and I choose one night to have a creme brulee....in the interest of not having to bring larger pants. Have tried the steak and chicken everyday items and not impressed, so I find something on the menu. One night there is a salad with lamb chops on top...I ask for the lamb chops on a plate with some vegs and it's easily done. They are flexible...within reason. I add within reason because you wouldn't believe what some folks think is reasonable....every item is ordered with special instructions...it's almost amusing to hear them order.

We both LOVED the french onion soup. I didn't get a chance to try the caesar salad unfortunately, but my dh said it was excellent. Good to know about the lamb salad trick. I usually skipped over the salad entree section - now I know I shouldn't have!