Disappointed with Celebrity

smitty4971

Best bet. Go to the website and click on "request a call back". They will think you are about to make a booking and call you in minutes.;)

Tried that. I was outside when the call came in and didn't make it to the phone in time. There is no direct call back number so you have to repeat the process. BTW, the call back time was no quicker than sitting on hold.

I had a question about my luggage tags and called later in the evening and got right through to a representative. Maybe it has more to do with the time of day you are calling?

Glad your issue was resolved.

Sue

Maybe you could call Cruise Enhancements or the Captain's Club instead of the "general" number?? That might get answered quicker.

I never call the "general" number, always Captain's Club for everything. They are so knowledgeable and answer very quickly. Always had great customer service from them:D

I do all my own research too but let them book it and I get all the perks and discounts!

Personally, I've never received a "Perk" or "Discount" from a TA that I couldn't secure myself by dealing directly with the cruise lines. Maybe I was just using the wrong ones.

I never call the "general" number, always Captain's Club for everything. They are so knowledgeable and answer very quickly. Always had great customer service from them:D

Called the Captain's Club number Thursday night regarding a "Captain's Club" issue, and the call was handled a little better.

Don't use TA's. I have the time to research and take care of details myself, so I stopped using TA's several years ago.

If you have the time to research and take care of details yourself, why are you so annoyed about having to wait 30 minutes on hold? Put the phone on speaker and surf the web!

I'm more annoyed by customer service folk that I can't understand (or that can't understand me) than I am about wait times!

If you have the time to research and take care of details yourself, why are you so annoyed about having to wait 30 minutes on hold? Put the phone on speaker and surf the web!

I'm more annoyed by customer service folk that I can't understand (or that can't understand me) than I am about wait times!

From a previous post;

"When I have a problem with my $35 phone bill I expect to be placed on hold for extended periods of time. When I am paying a company thousands of dollars for an "upscale" cruise I do not. Personally, I don't feel that's an unreasonable expectation."

When we, as consumers, don't take the time to complain about bad service, we simply deserve to get more of the same.

Hi official! Could you also kindly give this type of prompt response to E-mail requests?

I have a long standing question, that appears to be overlooked by Celebrity for some weeks.

Apologies for the delay, but we don't have access to emails (we're a separate team.) Please feel free to email us at concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com, and we can look into your issue. Please be sure to include your reservation number.

Thanks to all for your advice and concern. Good to see that Celebrity is monitoring these boards. Maybe they will kick this issue upstairs to someone who has the power to do something about it.

Till then, I have standing orders to Remove and Store the Christmas Decorations.

Carry On.

Smitty

I have two suggestions:

(1) On the website is a "We can call you" button. You put in your phone number and they call you. I tried is twice and literally someone called me within 10 seconds.

(2) Before you are put on hold you can opt to have an operator call you back when one becomes available. Tried that 3 times and one was 10 seconds and two were more like 30 minutes. But, keep in mind, I wasn't on hold for 30 minutes ... I went and did whatever until they called.

Apologies for the delay, but we don't have access to emails (we're a separate team.) Please feel free to email us at concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com, and we can look into your issue. Please be sure to include your reservation number.

Many thanks for your prompt reply. But unfortunately the question was regarding future cruise vouchers.

While on the Silhouette, I purchased four (4) off vouchers and signed a document for the vouchers to be issued as open cruise vouchers, this to ensure flexibility. However, they were issued by Celebrity solely in the name of the TA.

However, I will try again via your concerns department and I thank you for this introduction.

Many thanks for your prompt reply. But unfortunately the question was regarding future cruise vouchers.

While on the Silhouette, I purchased four (4) off vouchers and signed a document for the vouchers to be issued as open cruise vouchers, this to ensure flexibility. However, they were issued by Celebrity solely in the name of the TA.

However, I will try again via your concerns department and I thank you for this introduction.

We would love to assist. If you could please email us, concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com, we should be able to help!

Originally Posted by smitty4971

Personally, I've never received a "Perk" or "Discount" from a TA that I couldn't secure myself by dealing directly with the cruise lines. Maybe I was just using the wrong ones.

Yep!

Although I like booking through Celebrity and generally get adjustments after only a few minutes on the phone, our TA generally gives as on OBC similar to Celebrity's 1,2,3 offerings. In other words we generally get $300 OBC for a 14 day cruise.

Now I can't understand anyone getting upset with a whole company just because they can't get an answer about formal nights from a call centre.

The source for such info is Cruise Critic and the response time is much faster. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie to Celebrity but it would seem the problem is not with the call center but with the website. If the website worked well then there wouldn't be half as many calls to their call center.

I've had to call about things like beverage package that was to be included and never showed up as confirmed. Had it been done right in the first place I wouldn't have had to call again.

Fix the website for online bookings. Fix the shore excursion booking section. Fix the dinner reservation section. Then.....put in an enhanced FAQ section with a good search function.

In the meantime, use a speaker phone or a hands free headset while waiting so you can do something else at the same time.

Since formal night can change (we have experienced this) this is not something I would bother to phone about.

Im afraid this is just the way of the world now. Dont blame Celebrity. I am in the Customer Service business and I can tell you that these call centers are areas where companies try to save money, specifically by outsourcing. The telephone service has gotten much worse over the years in all industries. If you call your bank, credit card company, cell phone provider, etc you will notice higher wait times and increasingly inconsistent responses.

Companies have tried to make things better by creating Facebook, twitter and other social media handles just to answer these questions.

But dont let something like this detract from the fact that you will soon be on a cruise!!!!

The best way to find out things like formal nights or other routine (as in the same from sailing to sailing) is right here. Start a thread with a specific topic, like "Formal nights on 7 night Silhouette?" or "Best night for specialty?", and you'll hear from people who have taken that sailing.

j

Don't use TA's. I have the time to research and take care of details myself, so I stopped using TA's several years ago.

Perhaps, this is why you're having problems! A TA cost you no extra. They get a fee from each cruiseline. You do NOT save any $$ dealing with the line yourself. It's kind of like being a dentist & doing your own work on yourself.