Open Comment to Cruise Critic

STEVENJAN

I love cruise Critic.

It only lacks 1 Thing! A "LIKE" button or something similar.

I want to let other posters know that I enjoyed their post without getting all sloppy with emotion. I read so many reviews or comments about a cruise or an activity that I just want to say "I LIKE THIS"

Cruise Critic, Please consider adding a button to click. Thanks, Steve

Edited by STEVENJAN

I love cruise Critic.

I want to let other posters know that I enjoyed their post without getting all sloppy with emotion. I read so many reviews or comments about a cruise or an activity that I just want to say "I LIKE THIS"

Not to be contrary but like buttons are available on other sites and I hope CC does not add one here.

Not all sites have to have all the same features.

Not all cruise lines have to be the same.

If you like someone's post, you can write a post that says so. :)

Doesn't take lots of effort to write, "I like this post". :)

Not to be contrary but like buttons are available on other sites and I hope CC does not add one here.

Not all sites have to have all the same features.

Not all cruise lines have to be the same.

If you like someone's post, you can write a post that says so. :)

Doesn't take lots of effort to write, "I like this post". :)

I have to say, I totally agree with your post. There's nothing wrong with using full words (or sentences) to express one's self. I have to say that I'm completely thrown off by the techo-shorthand that is becoming so pervasive in social media. While I understand it in venues where a post is limited to a certain number of characters, it just doesn't make sense here.

On the other hand, it does take quite a lot of effort to read a 30-post thread where 20 of them just say "I like this post". :(

Okay...... :D

Then how about "like"... ? :)

Just write Like.

on the other hand, it does take quite a lot of effort to read a 30-post thread where 20 of them just say "i like this post". :(

that is not how it should work. It could, but shouldn't.

Posts on facebook accumulate numbers of "likes".

Sometimes i just don't feel like writing a post. I want to get on with reading other posts. That is just me. It doesn't have to be anyone else.

Thanks for reading my post though. EVEN IF YOU DON'T "LIKE" IT. :)

Edited by STEVENJAN

I love cruise Critic.

Most do "like" the idea, but it would be overused and quickly become redundant. And then there would those who wanted "don't like".

Comments about the post are more interesting and bring along more info.

Most do "like" the idea, but it would be overused and quickly become redundant. And then there would those who wanted "don't like".

Comments about the post are more interesting and bring along more info.

I want that on Facebook Now.

I would also vote no to a "like" button. Becomes too much of a popularity contest and would promote a lot of meaningless stuff ("click "Like" if you like RCCI, etc). A "don't like" would be even worse. I think it would cut back on honest feedback.

I have to say, I totally agree with your post. There's nothing wrong with using full words (or sentences) to express one's self. I have to say that I'm completely thrown off by the techo-shorthand that is becoming so pervasive in social media. While I understand it in venues where a post is limited to a certain number of characters, it just doesn't make sense here.

Right on. While it is good to be able to show agreement/approval, it is even better to to say why -- and if there is no particular thing about a post, silence is OK too.

I would also vote no to a "like" button. Becomes too much of a popularity contest and would promote a lot of meaningless stuff ("click "Like" if you like RCCI, etc). A "don't like" would be even worse. I think it would cut back on honest feedback.

When I use "like" on facebook I am in agreement with the original post and to show my appreciation and solidarity with their post I click "like".

I do not have some brilliant statement to make like others might have (See Santafefan). I like to show that they have a comrade and it isn't just a void on the internet.

Isn't that what many conversations are like on Cruise Critic?

It seems to me that all of us could just go on our way and not "share" our opinions with anyone. By being on Cruise Critic we have decided to share and be civil, at least most people. I think everyone is important.

I don't wish anyone ill will or any poor health. That doesn't seem to be shared by everyone.

They did have a like button awhile ago~ it caused tons of problems for the site it I remember correctly~ so I doubt they'll be adding one again anytime soon~-

CC had a 'like button'? Really? :confused:

I've been here a long time and have no memory of that.

I realize when I first 'joined CC', there was no popularity of Facebook

like now but when did CC have/delete their like button?

When I use "like" on facebook I am in agreement with the original post and to show my appreciation and solidarity with their post I click "like".

I do not have some brilliant statement to make like others might have (See Santafefan). I like to show that they have a comrade and it isn't just a void on the internet.

Isn't that what many conversations are like on Cruise Critic?

It seems to me that all of us could just go on our way and not "share" our opinions with anyone. By being on Cruise Critic we have decided to share and be civil, at least most people. I think everyone is important.

I don't wish anyone ill will or any poor health. That doesn't seem to be shared by everyone.

CC had a 'like button'? Really? :confused:

I've been here a long time and have no memory of that.

I realize when I first 'joined CC', there was no popularity of Facebook

like now but when did CC have/delete their like button?

It wasn't long ago...only a couple years ago. It only lasted a very short time and didn't work properly. If you didn't see it, you may have been on a cruise. Really...it only lasted that long!