New Drink Packages Rule

I've never heard of the 20 minute rule between drinks. Is this true? There are many times when out with my hubby I will order a drink, drink it very quickly and then order another right away. I won't be able to do that on the ship?

I'm not going to have drink after drink after drink etc. Just sometimes I can drink a drink very quickly and then immediately get another and then just nurse that one.

I've not heard of a 20 minute rule for alcoholic beverages on Royal. I believe another poster was talking about a different cruise line.

I'm not going to have drink after drink after drink etc. Just sometimes I can drink a drink very quickly and then immediately get another and then just nurse that one.

I have a hard time believing in that instance that they would be anything other than happy to collect your empty glass and provide you with your next drink. :)

Isn't it sad that people are so dishonest that we have to have this discussion? How much more will we have to pay to make up for these cheaters?

This is why many of us get bent out of shape when people discuss smuggling alcohol onboard etc.

I hope they deal with cheaters harshly when caught.

Of course I don't mean the occasional sip or even finishing of a drink that package holder didn't like, but the deliberate, planned theft that I'm sure is prevalent.

I think the package should just have a per day amount of drinks and then 2 could share it.. We are doing the wine package to have a bottle per day.

But even it it were limited to 15 drinks in 24 hours,, the two of us would be tanked,, 3 each is more then we light weights could drink..

From your description of yourselves, the purchase of a package is simply not for you. It's no big deal. Just pay by the drink, and have a great cruise.

They make so much money.. , just can't lose money even if people share

Don't care ratter get $400 from one person. Then $0 from two

They don't get "$0 from two". Those two are HIGHLY unlikely to not drink at all throughout their cruise. They will just pay as they go.

From what I´ve read on here there is a 15 min rule regarding the Coke Freestyle machines. So you can´t get another drink with your RFID souvenir cup within the next 15 min.

Anyway I´m pretty sure that the bar staff will remember who has the package and who not as they do get the 15% service charge from each drink paid extra ;)! Selling single paid drinks is their business and their income. And I don´t think that anyone will say anything when you just take a trial sip.

steamboats

From what I´ve read on here there is a 15 min rule regarding the Coke Freestyle machines. So you can´t get another drink with your RFID souvenir cup within the next 15 min.

Anyway I´m pretty sure that the bar staff will remember who has the package and who not as they do get the 15% service charge from each drink paid extra ;)! Selling single paid drinks is their business and their income. And I don´t think that anyone will say anything when you just take a trial sip.

steamboats

Not true at all. They do get 15% tip on the package just like the 15% auto for each drink purchased individually. Plus we will throw them $1 with each drink just like we would add $1 when purchased individually. All reports that I have seen say with the package people are getting the same service. We are trying it in 10 days and will report back.

I've never heard of the 20 minute rule between drinks. Is this true? There are many times when out with my hubby I will order a drink, drink it very quickly and then order another right away. I won't be able to do that on the ship?

There is no 20 minute rule.

I have read a lot of info here on the drink packages and its been extremely helpful. I do however have questions about the bottled water. If bottled water is included in the package I choose, how does this work? Can I get a bottle whenever I want and take it back to my cabin? Will they leave the cap sealed? I would like to have a few unopened bottles to take on land each time we are in port and have a few on ice in my cabin. Thanks for any help you may have. :p

They make so much money.. , just can't lose money even if people share

Don't care ratter get $400 from one person. Then $0 from two

That's because they've priced it with the low morals of the average person in mind.

If more people had integrity it'd be priced lower, probably.

That's because they've priced it with the low morals of the average person in mind.

If more people had integrity it'd be priced lower, probably.

That is preposterous and absurd. Yes, yes, I know you just wanted to take a swipe at people who cheat the system, but I don't think there is any way RCI would price the package lower. Alcohol is an enormous profit center.

I know we will share. Sounds terrible. But I wasn't thinking about the alcohol. Hubby not much of a drinker and we have budgeted for him to drink on pay per drink basis.

Where I can see us sharing is when I take a bottle or two of water on land that I have picked up the day before. Am I going to share with my dh? You betcha.

Flame away about stealing. But just being honest. Somehow I think the four bottles of water he drinks (four ports) will not cause a major problem.

I know we will share. Sounds terrible. But I wasn't thinking about the alcohol. Hubby not much of a drinker and we have budgeted for him to drink on pay per drink basis.

Where I can see us sharing is when I take a bottle or two of water on land that I have picked up the day before. Am I going to share with my dh? You betcha.

Flame away about stealing. But just being honest. Somehow I think the four bottles of water he drinks (four ports) will not cause a major problem.

So the $10 that you are stealing doesnt matter?

$10 x 3,000 passengers = $30,000

Yeah I'm sure RC doesnt mind a bit. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what a frozen drink costs with tip just to get a sense of whether it makes sense or not for us.

Frozen drinks cost ~$7-10 IIRC. Add the tip in and you're looking at $8.50-$12/drink.

Anyone know what the following costs ala carte (debating getting the replinishment pkg for the kids):

Bottled Water

Fountain Soda

Specialty Coffee

"Virgin" Cocktails (I think ~$4 each)

That is preposterous and absurd. Yes, yes, I know you just wanted to take a swipe at people who cheat the system, but I don't think there is any way RCI would price the package lower. Alcohol is an enormous profit center.

Is it "absurd" or do you "not think so?"

I agree I may be wrong, but it is indeed possible that the package could be priced differently under different circumstances. Companies constantly evaluate pricing with regards to demand, supply, etc. It's also possible they'd not have it at all if too many people cheat. If it was so obvious and simple they'd have had the package for a long time. The fact that it was only introduced recently implies there was a decision-making process that surely looked into pricing vs. cost etc. And if they priced it lower more people would likely buy it, I know for sure of at least one person who's on the fence about buying it and would fall off the fence if the price was a bit lower (that's me.)

And when you say "there's no way" they would price it lower, are you implying that they now have the perfect price? By your logic maybe it's too cheap, why not charge even more? Do you have some insight into the cost-benefit analysis that they performed?

So disagree with me all you want but I hardly think the idea is preposterous.