Buffer cabin?

cmptrwiz

We are going to be cruising with some neighbors in separate cabins. When I. get ready to book the cabins I'm thinking about NOT booking inside cabins next to each other. Putting a buffer cabin between us and them so they won't hear us "fighting" on our cruise. We don't want to hear them "fighting" either. We tend to "fight" a lot when we cruise, you know it is our time to reconnect. Any ideas or suggestions?

Edited by cmptrwiz

I recommend it. We traveled with 15 family members on our last cruise. I PURPOSELY booked cabins away from each other. It was nice to have a bit of separation. That you're cruising together doesn't mean that you need to be tied at the hip during the entire cruise. Even if you love each other to pieces, spending too much time together on vacation may get old fast.

Edited by Tapi

We are going to be cruising with some neighbors in separate cabins. When I. get ready to book the cabins I'm thinking about NOT booking inside cabins next to each other. Putting a buffer cabin between us and them so they won't hear us "fighting" on our cruise. We don't want to hear them "fighting" either. We tend to "fight" a lot when we cruise, you know it is our time to reconnect. Any ideas or suggestions?

So you go on a cruise to fight? nice.

Opposite sides of the ship will also work to keep your friendship strong during the cruise-The little bit of distance will probably keep them from knocking on your door every five minutes. The only thing worse than having them listen to the "fight" is to start knocking on the door right in the middle of it LOL

Edited by CFD130

Make sure you do your own thing on the cruise, not what they want to do. Whenever we cruise with friends we make that clear. If its the same thing great but if they want to snorkel and you want to shop, do what YOU want to do. Then talk about what you each did at dinner. We also let them know where we like to sit for days at sea. Then we know where to find each other.

So you go on a cruise to fight? nice.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Yes but why put others threw your fighting.. I am sure your friends already know you fight anyways whats the big deal anyways :rolleyes:

Your on vacation. DW and I dont normally fight too much on the cruise, Only when my OCD kicks in and I cant sit in the room and do nothing

Also. Those connecting cabin doors are not sound proof at all

Edited by trev71

You took the words out of my mouth.

Yes but why put others threw your fighting.. I am sure your friends already know you fight anyways whats the big deal anyways :rolleyes:

Your on vacation. DW and I dont normally fight too much on the cruise, Only when my OCD kicks in and I cant sit in the room and do nothing

Also. Those connecting cabin doors are not sound proof at all

I think most people know what I mean when I say "fight". I was trying to keep things clean. It means sex!

We have cruised with several couples on different cruises. They are all very good friends of many years and we've never had a cross word between us. We want to keep it that way. :)

We always have verandah cabins and I always make sure there are three or four cabins between the other couple and us or one is port side and the other starboard.

DH and I love to sit on the verandah and chat or have breakfast or whatever and I never want to feel I have to watch every word just in case they, too, are outside and we don't know it. Though we love them and would walk on water for them, maybe they'll irritate one of us earlier in the day and we want to tell eachother the story? Seeing we have sailed repeatedly with each couple, our plan seems to work fine. :)

Years ago when we went on the Carnival Liberty, we were next door to my friend and her teenage daughter. Wow their fights were out of control. It is best to not be next door.

Your friend was doing "fighting" with her daughter knowing about it? What did they do? Took turns to bring guys in?

Or maybe you didn't understand that in this thread "fighting" means... ummm... what adults do, usually at night?