GTY - What room did you get?

Krisserbb

I am going ***** my first cruise 23/2 14. I have booked a GTY room (outside with window) - anyone who has booked that kind of room? What did you get?

Kristina:o)

We did that once, and got an outside (no balcony).

We did as well, and got a nice outside room with a window. It may have been a less desirable room because it was all the way up front , but We loved it because it was very quiet and secluded.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I am going ***** my first cruise 23/2 14. I have booked a GTY room (outside with window) - anyone who has booked that kind of room? What did you get?

Kristina:o)

You will get exactly what you paid for, a room with a view, maybe in a less than premium position, or with an obstructed view. Good luck with your allocation. Any upgrades are given to D+ and P's. Do not forget to complete you cruise personaliser.

I use to book GTY often, still do if the price is right. I have always only gotten what category gty I booked, meaning I have never jumped a category. Those who book W gty, I'll always only gotten a JS, although others report getting GS and such. I have always gotten my cabin assignment within a week, more often within a couple of days.

We book guarantees often and also have gotten the minimum of the guarantee category, meaning we were assigned what was promised. (No problem as we only book the guarantee if our favorite cabins are already booked and the guarantee can save us $$).

We had an OV guarantee a few years ago on the Monarch and were given a OV on deck 2.

On occasion, we’ve been able to switch to another cabin IN THE SAME CATEGORY, if one is available and we think the location is better for us.

If one is particular about cabin location, or expects an upgrade, a guarantee might not be the best choice.

m

recently booked a GTY balc. on allure and got a cabin exactly where I would have picked... and the GTY was 600 pp less than reg. balc. price... I received the cabin no. within a week of booking... if you don't like the location call immediately and if a better location is available in the same cat. they will change it for you...

I guess we've been really fortunate as we've done 13 guarantees and have never gotten the minimum category we could have been assigned. Most assignments, 10 of them, were in the same class of cabins, inside to inside or balcony to higher balcony, etc but twice we were assigned the next class and once went up two classes from inside gty to balcony.:)

As Host Star mentioned we've been able to change to another available and more preferable to us cabin in the same category assigned 6 or 7 times which was every time we wished to do this.;)

Edited by robtulipe

We signed up 3 weeks ago, at the absolute cheapest price for an inside GTY, for the Independence cruise leaving this weekend. 4 days after booking we had a PR (Promenade view) assignment in a non-connecting cabin (our preference). Saved a few dollars, happy with the assignment, even if it is not an Owner's Suite:rolleyes:. We consider what we would think would be the worst cabin they could give us for the GTY category we are in, ascertain that we would be happy there and go for it. I am happy to just be on the ship. I do prefer an inside cabin, as the ones on the outside of the ship hull tend to be too wet:eek:

Thom

For our upcoming Liberty of the Seas cruise, we booked a GTY balcony (E2), and we received the room assignment within a couple of hours... my travel agent told me that RCCL told her to grab a room for us, so she chose what she thought was best given the options within the SAME category HAHAHA. Either way, it saved us $500-$600pp, so I can't complain.

Booked it one time and got a cabin at the tip of the ship, deck 1. It was the one and only time I got sea sick on a cruise..and I mean really sick! LOL

Would I roll the dice again if I was crunching numbers and wanted to squeeze in a cruise? YEP! :D