Majesty of the Seas - Superior Ocean View

I am looking at a cruise on Majesty of the Seas, and I am seeing 2 different pictures for the Superior Ocean View Stateroom. The one on the web-site shows the more traditional stateroom, where you walk in and the bed is straight ahead facing you at the back of the stateroom.

The one on the Royal Caribbean mobile App shows a much nicer stateroom with the bed on the left side of the room and a nice little sitting area on the right of the room - with room for a couch and 2 chairs.

Can anyone tell me which one is correct.

Also, any feedback on a room right next to the elevators. The convenience would be nice, but not sure what kind of noise I would encounter. I am not a late night person. I'm thinking that I would probably do better with a stateroom 3 or 4 down from the elevators?

I'm curious because I guess I thought the web site always showed the "best" stateroom in the room type you chose, and on both of the 2 different dates I am looking at show the elevator staterooms as the first choice (9536 on one sailing, 9036 on the other sailing).

It's the nicer of the 2. The SO rooms are noticably larger than the regular oceanviews and have a small couch. The webite only shows the standard oceanview for all the categories, so don't go by that.

Near the elevators is good. The views from those rooms is less obstructed by the lifeboats.

Short of booking a suite, the SO rooms are the best rooms on that ship. Like I said, they are noticably larger. I love deck 9 on Majesty. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Cool. Thanks guys.

Now I just have to wait for airfare to come down to a price where I wouldn't have to mortgage the house to pay for it. Flying into both FLL and MIA are in the $600 range right now.

definitely get a room on Deck 9. Of all our cruises on MJ, this was the best room! DH loved the mirrored wall across from the bed...oops, tmi. :D

Here's some pics of our cabin 9000

690876872_9000fromcorner.jpg.c94b70b36bac49f3b540c78139ca21b9.jpg

677626352_9000fromdoor.jpg.387cd40c13de0f497f745ef935f7f7cb.jpg

1551431330_9000fromwindow.jpg.da441d39a99afd4ee0760b5563b3910b.jpg

Edited by wolfcathorse

definitely get a room on Deck 9. Of all our cruises on MJ, this was the best room! DH loved the mirrored wall across from the bed...oops, tmi. :D

Here's some pics of our cabin 9000

Thanks for the pics! I'm going solo, so I'm not sure I'll get as much use out of the mirror :)

Yeah - booked for August 4, 2014. I am traveling using my free M Life cruise for this year. I thought it would be for a SOV, but it was just for a regular Ocean View, but after hearing how much everyone loved deck 9, I upgraded for $211. I booked 9544, so about 5 staterooms away from the elevators - still close enough to be convenient, but less noise from the elevators.

Yeah! Very excited about seeing Key West. I've done the 3 day Bahamas Cruise on Enchantment twice now - so it will be nice having another port to visit. Plus I like that on this cruise, we get into Nassau so much earlier in the day than on the 3 day Enchantment cruise.

Thanks all!

• 3 months later...

Glad I found this thread. Originally SOV rooms were beyond my price range and I was happy with Deck 3 Cat G but today the prices dropped to where a SOV is the same price I paid for the G and the G is more expensive! I have a call to my TA and they are working on seeing if I can upgrade.

Yeah - booked for August 4, 2014. I am traveling using my free M Life cruise for this year. I thought it would be for a SOV, but it was just for a regular Ocean View, but after hearing how much everyone loved deck 9, I upgraded for $211. I booked 9544, so about 5 staterooms away from the elevators - still close enough to be convenient, but less noise from the elevators.

Yeah! Very excited about seeing Key West. I've done the 3 day Bahamas Cruise on Enchantment twice now - so it will be nice having another port to visit. Plus I like that on this cruise, we get into Nassau so much earlier in the day than on the 3 day Enchantment cruise.

Thanks all!

When we cruise on Majesty we are always on deck 9, close to the gym -- cabin 9070. Close to what we want early in the morning or late in the afternoon before showering for dinner. Bed is on the side, with sofa and table area. Works fine for us.

SOV is a great stateroom, cruising solo it will be positively luxurious.

I have also sailed on the lower decks on the Monarch, with TWO people, and it's a squeeze (not to mention they didn't have refrigerators or safes)... in fact the cabin was so small the beds were not directly across from each other, but one was by the window and across the way was a table, and below that the bed... otherwise you both wouldn't have been able to get into or out of the bed at the same time!

Nice upgrade:)

• 2 months later...
When we cruise on Majesty we are always on deck 9, close to the gym -- cabin 9070. Close to what we want early in the morning or late in the afternoon before showering for dinner. Bed is on the side, with sofa and table area. Works fine for us.

Aren't those cabins on deck 9 all obstructed? That's what my TA said. I booked on deck 4 non obstructed. Any ideas? Thanks.

Aren't those cabins on deck 9 all obstructed? That's what my TA said. I booked on deck 4 non obstructed. Any ideas? Thanks.

You can very nicely look out over the ocean; looking down they are obstructed. We stay in 9070....these cabins are somewhat larger than those on deck 4 and that makes the room nicer. Position of the bed is nicer as well. On deck 4 the bed is under the window, in the cabins on deck 4 that we have been in. On deck 9, the room is larger so that the bed is on a side wall, with better access to 'look out the window' in the first place.

Just my perspective.

I have cruised on Majesty 10 times, and choose deck 9.