Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Wow, they want to be Norwegian Cruise Line! I actually like NCL, EXCEPT for how it does dining! I LOVE traditional dining and having the same wait staff every night. I hate being on NCL and having to wait for a table or having to make reservations. This is not good IMO!

I agree with the others about the elimination of the MDR. But then, I wasn't really looking to book the Quantum class anyway. I prefer the smaller ships with very port-intensive itineraries.

Still waiting for those San Juan itineraries... Why does Celebrity release their itineraries so much sooner? :p

It frustrates me to be waiting for these Galveston sailings with this much anticipation today. It's one thing if you know for certain they will be released today, but I hate getting this full of anticipation for something that very well may not even happen today or even this week. I don't get how I can book a cruise on Allure for late April 2015 and April 2016, but not even April 2015 for Galveston. It's totally frustrating the heck out if me. Rant over....for now.

It frustrates me to be waiting for these Galveston sailings with this much anticipation today. It's one thing if you know for certain they will be released today, but I hate getting this full of anticipation for something that very well may not even happen today or even this week. I don't get how I can book a cruise on Allure for late April 2015 and April 2016, but not even April 2015 for Galveston. It's totally frustrating the heck out if me. Rant over....for now.

I was just coming here to post this exact same rant! This is ridiculous! Can I get a December 2015 date for Galveston PLEASE!!!

There must be an issue with Galveston because I just checked Carnival's website and they don't have any dates past April 2015 for Galveston EITHER!!!

What is going on???:confused:

I was just coming here to post this exact same rant! This is ridiculous! Can I get a December 2015 date for Galveston PLEASE!!!

There must be an issue with Galveston because I just checked Carnival's website and they don't have any dates past April 2015 for Galveston EITHER!!!

What is going on???:confused:

Not an issue with Galveston. The issue is with RCI. They have only released December 2015 itineraries for 4 ships. The rest will follow. His is typical every spring.

Explorer is being firmed up for Europe with first sighting showing up in Madeira, where she arrives on the 27th of April on a cruise from Southampton.

Bookings have been made in the last couple of weeks. (3 bookings for Rome, 6 for Villafranche and 4 for Palma de Mallorca as of now.)

Adventure still showing up on bookings, but likely being replaced.

The last sailing currently booked shows arrival in Barcelona on the 9th of October, 2015. Where she might head from there would just be speculation.

Explorer of the Seas now shows up in Port Chalmers (Dunedin New Zealand) cruise ship visits for 23 November 2015.

http://www.portotago.co.nz/6/2.html

It appears as reported by a passenger off the Explorer of the Seas last week that a cruise thru the Panama Canal could be correct. The re positioning of Explorer will certainly be interesting. Assumption would have us believe that something is being done to Explorer in dry dock to get under the Bridge of Americas.

Barcelona 9 October 2015

Dunedin 23 November 2015

Sydney 28 November 2015 at 1930

Galveston appears to have won Liberty of the Seas over Sydney.

Explorer of the Seas now shows up in Port Chalmers (Dunedin New Zealand) cruise ship visits for 23 November 2015.

It appears as reported by a passenger off the Explorer of the Seas last week that a cruise thru the Panama Canal could be correct. The re positioning of Explorer will certainly be interesting. Assumption would have us believe that something is being done to Explorer in dry dock to get under the Bridge of Americas.

Barcelona 9 October 2015

Dunedin 23 November 2015

Explore will most likely be going through Europe and Asia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Barcelona 9 October 2015

Dunedin 23 November 2015

Bingo :) . As previously posted, Explorer's Europe summer season allowed sufficient time for the relocation to Asia/Australia. These dates allow 45 days from Barcelona to Dunedin. Looks like a full season down under - Explorer is also showing in the Port Chalmers Dunedin calendar on 18 Apr 2016.

Surely they wouldn't modify the ship for just one Panama transit - IF they were to do that they must be thinking about regular transits. With the ship already in Barcelona, a repo via Suez and Singapore appears more likely.

Pricing for the 2015 Rhapsody repo in the opposite direction (Sydney to Istanbul), prices are set quite high which I take to mean there is strong demand; perhaps they're hopeful of filling Explorer for the trip down under. :) That Rhapsody repo is also 45 days, but is a shirter trip Sydney - Istanbul vs Barcelona to Dunedin. Expect a few less ports on the Explorer repo.

Round the Horn is a left field option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barcelona 9 October 2015

Dunedin 23 November 2015

Thanks for the info.

I thought she was heading that direction. Legend is not showing up at all anymore?

I think they would earn more revenue on an Eastbound routing and it would be a better use of those 45 days. BCN-DXB-SIN-SYD.

Might see some from OZ onboard for those 45 days along with 26-28 days in Europe on a B2B.

Bingo :) . As previously posted, Explorer's Europe summer season allowed sufficient time for the relocation to Asia/Australia. These dates allow 45 days from Barcelona to Dunedin. Looks like a full season down under - Explorer is also showing in the Port Chalmers Dunedin calendar on 18 Apr 2016.

Surely they wouldn't modify the ship for just one Panama transit - IF they were to do that they must be thinking about regular transits. With the ship already in Barcelona, a repo via Suez and Singapore appears more likely.

Pricing for the 2015 Rhapsody repo in the opposite direction (Sydney to Istanbul), prices are set quite high which I take to mean there is strong demand; perhaps they're hopeful of filling Explorer for the trip down under. :) That Rhapsody repo is also 45 days, but is a shirter trip Sydney - Istanbul vs Barcelona to Dunedin. Expect a few less ports on the Explorer repo.

Round the Horn is a left field option.

It is obvious Explorer does not arrive in Sydney until 28 November 2015 for the big meeting with Voyager.

Assuming Barcelona 9 October and Dunedin 23 November are both correct it is a very fast repositioning to Dunedin via Panama or Suez?

It is obvious Explorer does not arrive in Sydney until 28 November 2015 for the big meeting with Voyager.

Assuming Barcelona 9 October and Dunedin 23 November are both correct it is a very fast repositioning to Dunedin via Panama or Suez?

Might be doing some 4-5 days cruises from SIngapore before heading Down Under.

That is what the crew told us when we were on board last month. But you know how rumors are. RCI is good at keeping things under wraps....and the rest of us guessing! ;)

Will be getting some additional info when we board again in a few weeks.

We heard the same thing last fall when on board Freedom of the Seas.

It is fast, but possible. It would have less port stops than the Rhapsody repo. Given the short time, you'd think they'd just bring her in to Sydney on Nov 28 and not bother about Dunedin on the 23rd.

That does suggest Panama and Trans Pacific as a possibility, but this seems less likely to me.

It is fast, but possible. It would have less port stops than the Rhapsody repo. Given the short time, you'd think they'd just bring her in to Sydney on Nov 28 and not bother about Dunedin on the 23rd.

That does suggest Panama and Trans Pacific as a possibility, but this seems less likely to me.

Possible cruise Barcelona - Sydney

Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale 9 - 21 October 2015 (12 night TA)

Fort Lauderdale - San Diego 21 - 4 November Panama Canal ( 14 night canal)

San Diego - Sydney 4 November - 29 November (arrive Sydney 1930 28/11)

Possible cruise Barcelona - Sydney

Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale 9 - 21 October 2015 (12 night TA)

Fort Lauderdale - San Diego 21 - 4 November Panama Canal ( 14 night canal)

San Diego - Sydney 4 November - 29 November (arrive Sydney 1930 28/11)

I doubt it, because those TA's are low yield, so why bother if they can have her in Singapore where they can charge more...much more.

I doubt it, because those TA's are low yield, so why bother if they can have her in Singapore where they can charge more...much more.

I am basing my information on the Explorer of the Seas appearing in Europe ports cruise ship visits until approx 9 October 2015.

I am only filling the missing gaps Barcelona 9 October 2015 and Dunedin 23 November 2015. It is possible Royal have used fake names for bookings.

The TA would be low yield, but the Panama and trans Pacifics aren't. Check out the prices on the Hawaii - Sydney cruises ;) . There is currently only Radiance doing TPs in 2015 given Rhapsody's redeployment. I believe they would have no problem selling an Explorer TP on good yield.

The needed modifications to Explorer are what makes it less likely imho. Anything's possible though.