Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Hey everyone, just got off the Majesty this morning. Here's some information I gathered on board.

Navigator - The goal is to have Navigator in Asia for the 2016-17 deployment. She's in Gavelston through Nov 2015 then she will be moved to probably FLL to do a series of winter caribbean cruises. Then she'll do a TA and replace whatever Explorer is doing during the 2015 season and then end up in Asia. They didn't elaborate on what kind of cruises she'll be doing since that is yet to be decided.

These cruises will be part of next years deployment

Lengend- I asked, nobody knows.

Quantum and Anthem - should be coming out be the end of this month or early next month

Anthem is doing 8 and 6 nights. same as Independence is doing now. Yes, they will alternate Sat and Sun.

Majesty - right now Pullmantur is having a bit of financial trouble so they're not ready to take on another transfer. Majesty will be sticking around for a little while longer.

Port of NoLA - nobody knows either.

( if I can venture a thought, maybe Legend will cruise out of NoLA?????)

I also asked as to why Allure cruises were out till May 2016 and Oasis only till April 2016. There will most likely be a TA in May 2016 for Oasis for another Europe season.

Thanks for this information. Were you given any details regarding the Explorer reposition?

Jo

That should be out when Aus/NZ cruises come out. It'll most likely be Radiance

Thinking about it, with only one ship doing both Australia and Alaska this is sure to drive up the price of those increasingly popular crossings. There are plenty of ships in Australia now but only one coming back that we can tell. With Jewel doing an upcoming Alaska season replacing Rhapsody in Seattle, that's what it appears to be now.

Gina

Thanks so much for the information!!

I am assuming this comment means no Quantum in Bermuda for 2015? If that is the case, why the delay on releasing itineraries?

No -- nobody here knows that yet. One of the major unanswered questions that will hopefully be answered in the next couple of weeks. Hang tight!

Thinking about it, with only one ship doing both Australia and Alaska this is sure to drive up the price of those increasingly popular crossings. There are plenty of ships in Australia now but only one coming back that we can tell. With Jewel doing an upcoming Alaska season replacing Rhapsody in Seattle, that's what it appears to be now.

Gina

there's still Legend. Don't give up hope yet.

I am assuming this comment means no Quantum in Bermuda for 2015? If that is the case, why the delay on releasing itineraries?

I highly doubt Bermuda will be ready in time. If they do decided to do it, then Bermuda is going to have to step it up.

I had posted some articles on this a while back. I can post them again when I get home later today.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Good Morning I have been reading and following the speculation and the confirmed itineraries being discussed. Interesting thread to follow and have been enjoying it :)

So from what I can see there are two ships not really accounted for the spring sailings April 2015... those being Liberty and Quantum of the Seas...is this so?

The Quantum will go to Asia,The Explorer will stay in New Jersey for spring sailings April 2015.:D

Gina

I have my eye on the Celebrity Solstice for April 2016, too. Prices are very reasonable. I would prefer RCI, but if the prices or dates don't line up with what we can do then I will be willing to give Celebrity a try. Because of work restrictions I cannot go early in April. The April 26 date of Celebrity would be as early as I can go. Early May would be better. We are cruising on the Jewel in just over two weeks and I want to book one or the other while on board.:)

What has happened to the replacement for Adventure of the Seas in Port Canaveral in USA Winter 2015/16?

I guess we are still waiting on that too. I haven't heard anything else about it. I hope they bring in a third ship for the winter season again as they are this year.

I have my eye on the Celebrity Solstice for April 2016, too. Prices are very reasonable. I would prefer RCI, but if the prices or dates don't line up with what we can do then I will be willing to give Celebrity a try. Because of work restrictions I cannot go early in April. The April 26 date of Celebrity would be as early as I can go. Early May would be better. We are cruising on the Jewel in just over two weeks and I want to book one or the other while on board.:)

I was just on the Solstice about 3 months ago. Wonderful ship. You can always book it and switch your sailing to an RC ship.

I am still a firm believer that Quantum will go to Bermuda in 2015...a dreamer maybe.:) Like someone said why the big delay in Quantum itinerary releases if not to have a firm date that Bermuda will be ready. I highly doubt that RCI will not have a ship from Bayonne sailing to Bermuda and loose that berth in Bermuda. So if it is not Quantum what about Liberty. We still are waiting on her itineraries as well.:confused:

I am still a firm believer that Quantum will go to Bermuda in 2015...a dreamer maybe.:) Like someone said why the big delay in Quantum itinerary releases if not to have a firm date that Bermuda will be ready. I highly doubt that RCI will not have a ship from Bayonne sailing to Bermuda and loose that berth in Bermuda. So if it is not Quantum what about Liberty. We still are waiting on her itineraries as well.:confused:

At the moment Is Liberty is too big for Bermuda?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree, I think they will find a way ($$$) to get Quantum into Bermuda for Summer '15. It's in both parties' interest and I have a difficult time imagining that it won't get done.

I believe Liberty is too big as well, so if they're going to dredge they might as well do so for Quantum.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My speculation for Bermuda:

Either the refurbished Navigator or Liberty for Bermuda, if not Quantum.

I do not know whether Liberty would be too large for Bermuda?

BTW: RCI offers Cape Horn again! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Navigator is already scheduled in Galveston and Liberty would have the same problems calling in Bermuda as Quantum.

Waiting on Australia for Jan/Feb 2016..... way too much time on my hands.... visited the Port of Sydney website and find :

2nd Jan Voyager

6th Jan Explorer

7th Jan Radiance

13th Jan Voyager

17th Jan Explorer

19th Jan Radiance

21st Jan Voyager

28th Jan Explorer

31st Jan Radiance

Aus/NZ sailings should be out next week.