Invicta Watches on Ncl cruise line

newtocruisingcdn

I bought 2 watches on NCL cruise line in October, it would seem that Invicta wants nothing to do with the after purchase concerns, it seems they do not like to return telephone calls. The reason I am posting is to make potential buyers aware that it appears Invicta customer service would prefer you take it back to where you made the purchase!!!!!

I bought 2 watches on NCL cruise line in October, it would seem that Invicta wants nothing to do with the after purchase concerns, it seems they do not like to return telephone calls. The reason I am posting is to make potential buyers aware that it appears Invicta customer service would prefer you take it back to where you made the purchase!!!!!

What exactly did NCL do to cause the usage of the big red thumbs-down??

I bought a very nice TAG watch onboard the Jewel in 2011, which may have just been a very rare defective one...it was an automatic that would not stay wound. Trying to get service through the NCL boutique was a mess, so I took it to Tourneau and they verified it was authentic and let me trade it in for a new TAG.

Invicta watches are obviously in a much lower price point and don't have the warranty of a TAG or Rolex, but you might try going to a land-based watch store that sells them and see if you can do the same.

Invicta offers a limited 1 year warranty - there should a be a little yellow warranty card in the box, but you have to send the watch directly to their service center in Hollywood, FL with $25 for return service.

BTW, Amazon sells Invicta watches at 50-75% off retail, and their return policy is pretty much anything goes.

watch_warranty._V399994329_.pdf

My purpose in posting was to make people aware of invicta comment to return the product to where I bought it for service, this from customer service at Invicta

So in other words, NCL did nothing wrong, the issue is with Invicta?

Wouldn't an Invicta Watch message board be the BEST place for this to be posted?

NCL cruisers have to be such a tiny portion of their customer base...if you really want Invicta customers to be aware of this, you should put it where many Invicta customers will see it.

My purpose in posting was to make people aware of invicta comment to return the product to where I bought it for service, this from customer service at Invicta

Yeah - I stay away from the jewelry stores on cruise ships or in port. Something cheap maybe ... not sure what kind of watch the one you purchased is. The OP who bought a Tag - well, I wouldn't have risked that, but I'm glad it worked out for him. I won't even take off my Rolex in a store that isn't one that I know!

I do not understand why they told you to return it to the place of purchase. A warranty is a warranty. I know I can take my Rolex to any place that is certified by Rolex to repair. Plus yours is brand new. They should replace it, not fix it! Did you put it in writing to them? I would send a letter certified mail directly to them and see what happens. I would also send one to the registered agent. Thanks for the warning. Not everyone realizes how much of a pain it can be to rectify something bought on a ship or on an island.

Edited by SissasMomE
typo

So in other words, NCL did nothing wrong, the issue is with Invicta?

Wouldn't an Invicta Watch message board be the BEST place for this to be posted?

NCL cruisers have to be such a tiny portion of their customer base...if you really want Invicta customers to be aware of this, you should put it where many Invicta customers will see it.

I'm glad that the post was made here. Even if NCL customers are a very tiny portion of the customer base, no one likes to be taken. And if it saves another fellow cruiser from the problems the OP has experienced, it was worth it.

NCL is a company - don't take negative comments so personally.

I'm glad that the post was made here. Even if NCL customers are a very tiny portion of the customer base, no one likes to be taken. And if it saves another fellow cruiser from the problems the OP has experienced, it was worth it.

Agreed.

I found Invicta watches to be cheaper at Costco than on the ship. Invicta will warranty they're watches if you follow the warranty instructions that came with the watch. Usually you must mail it back and pay the fee.

Has nothing to do with NCL.

There are quite a few post about checking prices on land before your cruise to ensure you are really getting a "bargain" on the ship or any of the ports.

Edited by rvsullivan

My husband loves his Invicta watch he bought on a cruise. He broke the glass face at work and Invicta wanted us to mail it in and wait up to 6 weeks for a price and a repair.

We went to a local watch repair shop and he fixed it in a week for $20. We're all happy.

Thanks for the heads up.

For the life of me, I have yet to figure out why people buy fancy stuff on a ship or overseas. We have lots of great stores right here in the good ole USA.

Think about how dense the average person is. Now consider 50% of the population is dumber than that.

Thanks for the heads up.

For the life of me, I have yet to figure out why people buy fancy stuff on a ship or overseas. We have lots of great stores right here in the good ole USA.

I agree. I never buy anything expensive while on the ship or in port. I really doubt there is much savings to be had and I want to buy expensive things from a store near my home where I can easily get service if I need it.

Absolutely. Thanks to the OP for making the post, which in no way whatsoever reflects negatively on NCL.

You've misread....I don't take it personally at all...I'm not involved in any way.

I just am stating my opinion (if that is permitted) that IF the purpose of the post was to warn potential customers about Invicta's policies, then it would do the most good to post the item where the maximum number of potential customers might see it. Do you disagree?

Heck, if anything, post this on the General Cruising Forum so that ALL cruisers can see it and not just NCL cruisers. You say that no one likes to be taken, how bad would you feel if you were, in fact, taken and later found out that a warning was posted, just in a place where a small number of people would see it instead of out where it would do the most good?

Its JMHO, but I can't fathom why anyone would support only warning a small percentage of the people when larger numbers could easily be obtained.

Think about how dense the average person is. Now consider 50% of the population is dumber than that.

This is completely inaccurate, so I suppose consistent, at least.

The median person would represent the 50th percentile, not the average person.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let me 'splain this to you. Some people like to buy a souvenir in the form of watches and jewelry from their vacations. Personally, I like designer jewelry (Hardy, Yurman,etc) which is discounted in the islands plus no sales tax. Bought Hardy blue topaz earrings on this past holiday cruise on the Gem. Merry Christmas to me! Once bought sapphire/gold earrings on RCI which I have loved ever since and wear constantly. But there are only a handful of reputable stores I know and have dealt with over the years. They would (and have) in my friend's case repaired or replaced (I forgot which) a purchase she made.

Gosh, I just remembered the shopping guy on the Gem instruct passengers to fill out cards for "warranty's" on purchases made in the islands so they could help you get repairs but somehow I think I read that this was some sort of a means of making sure they got their cut from the preferred retailers that they hawk on the ship.

Anyway, you shouldn't be too judgmental about people making purchases. Just a thought.

So what is NCL's return policy on products they sell that carry warranties.

One would assume that you should be able to return it back to the store where your purchased the defective product.

Sounds like the OP was told by the manufacture that the arrangement they have with the retailer is the retailer is responsible for accepting warranty claims and to be the middle man between us and you. If that is the arrangement then the OP should be calling up NCL and saying I want to make a warranty claim on my watch.

I don't know if NCL is setup to handle this properly, either in person on the ship or over the phone once off the ship. That said, did you try?