Eucalyptus bathroom amenities gone???

Ronnieslady

They began replacing them several months ago although some ships may still have a limited supply of them. As the conditioning shampoo & body gel pump bottles have been added to showers it's only a squeeze tube of lotion that remains. Opinions vary...my wife didn't like the eucalyptus scented items but they were okay for me. The new products don't have much of a noticeable scent & just like the eucalyptus ones some like them & some do not.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The eucalyptus scented bathroom amenities I hear are gone.:( When did they make the change????? :confused:

I just loved that scent. Not too strong, but soothing.

Anyone else agree????

Yup, they're gone and have been replaced by pump bottles in the shower. Suite passengers get individual tubes instead of the pump bottles.....

Bob

The eucalyptus scented bathroom amenities I hear are gone.:( When did they make the change????? :confused:

Anyone else agree????

Diamond Princess still had them Jan 4th - 16th.:)

Anyone else agree????

I must admit I miss these as well; I loved the scent, and it always makes me think of cruising (fortunately, I still have a couple little bottles of hand lotion at home.) But I also know many people (like dchip) who prefer the new unscented lotions and the less scented body wash and shampoo/conditioner in the pump dispensers in the shower.

They were on Caribbean Princess January 11-18.

Very interesting. The eucalyptus products were gone when we sailed on the CB from the 18th-25th. And they were not on the Royal Princess when we sailed her last November, as well.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Why do I read these threads? I live close to an area where eucalyptus trees are cut down, or trimmed, or whatever they do and I absolutely hate the smell.

I should have confiscated all those little bottles and put them for sale on Ebay ;) We've always shoved them under the counter to get them out of the way. Cabin attendants kept bringing us more, even after we told them it was unneeded. We prefer our own, unscented products.

So…can you not purchase eucalyptus smelling products at, say, a place like Body Works, or Bed, Bath and Beyond, or the local CVS? You could take your own bottle of eucalyptus smelling soap and lotion. No big deal to take along a couple 2 - 3 oz. bottles.

Some people argue weight, but our toiletry kits weigh around 1 lb. fully packed.

Edited by Happy ks

I didn't just like the scent, which could always make me feel like I was on a cruise when I pulled out a partially used bottle to enjoy - I loved and still love the empty plastic bottles. They travel and pack like a dream. I load them with my own shampoo, body wash, etc., when we are traveling anywhere. I have a substantial supply of empty bottles, thank goodness, but my supply of partially used eucalyptus body wash is dwindling - oh no!

Change happens.:(

Why do I read these threads? I live close to an area where eucalyptus trees are cut down, or trimmed, or whatever they do and I absolutely hate the smell.

I should have confiscated all those little bottles and put them for sale on Ebay ;) We've always shoved them under the counter to get them out of the way. Cabin attendants kept bringing us more, even after we told them it was unneeded. We prefer our own, unscented products.

So…can you not purchase eucalyptus smelling products at, say, a place like Body Works, or Bed, Bath and Beyond, or the local CVS? You could take your own bottle of eucalyptus smelling soap and lotion. No big deal to take along a couple 2 - 3 oz. bottles.

Some people argue weight, but our toiletry kits weigh around 1 lb. fully packed.

I am one of those that loves the eucalyptus lotion. The shampoo and conditioner, etc I can live without. I went in search of a similar product when Princess started to phase this stuff out. I have yet to find one that is as lightly scented as the one on Princess. The stuff from B&B Works is so strong and mixed with some other scents that just do not work for me. I noticed that the steward on our last cruise had a bag of bottles stashed away, but none of it was the lotion or I would have asked for some. If anyone out there finds a lotion that is comparable to the Princess Eucalyptus lotion, please share.

I am one of those that loves the eucalyptus lotion. The shampoo and conditioner, etc I can live without. I went in search of a similar product when Princess started to phase this stuff out. I have yet to find one that is as lightly scented as the one on Princess. The stuff from B&B Works is so strong and mixed with some other scents that just do not work for me. I noticed that the steward on our last cruise had a bag of bottles stashed away, but none of it was the lotion or I would have asked for some. If anyone out there finds a lotion that is comparable to the Princess Eucalyptus lotion, please share.

Yes, please please if anyone finds a lotion simular to that Princess Eucalyptus one let us know. Do or did they ever sell it in the Lotus Spa????