1-2-3 deal disappointment

Aussie_Kiwi_Family

Hi - I am really disappointed that we booked on board for our 2015 Sydney - Hawaii cruise.

The only part of the deal that was good was that we had a reduced deposit. The prices are the same online now, so no difference in pricing.

But if we had of booked a month latter we would been able to get the 123 deal.

It is brilliant (or would have been) for us as this is our first Celebrity cruise - we have been Royals for our first two and we were looking forward to trying out the different drink package (YAY it includes coffee!) - amongst other things!

I rang to find out to see if we were eligible and we are not - and we cant cancel and rebook, we will not eligible for the deal.

We are travelling as a group of 6 and I am just annoyed now that I recommended that we book early.

I am considering cancelling and rebooking with another line. It is annoying that we are spending so much money and missing out on the good deal. I will never do an onboard booking again.

Just checked the website again to be sure and is for cruising departing to April 2015 (Australian celebrity website)

I booked this cruise in August 2013 and still wait for an 123 promo - none of the last ones were applicable.

Now I checked the .au website: http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/celebrity_123_go_sale.html

With countless destinations to choose from and with sail dates ranging from February 2014 to March 2015

So it seems to be the same as on the US website.

PLUS the transpacific/repositioning cruises often can't qualify for promos.

Just checked the website again to be sure and is for cruising departing to April 2015 (Australian celebrity website)

The wording's not that clear, but the drinks (123) offer doesn't apply - it expires in March 2015.

The page Unipac links to actually refers to two elements. The sale offer at the top goes to April 2015, and also only refers to Century and Solstice cruises.

If you read down to the 123 section which is the second half of the page, you'll see it says there to March 2015. This is then confirmed on the 123 tab, which says: "The Celebrity 1, 2, 3 Go Promotion is applicable to all Celebrity Worldwide cruises of 3 nights or longer departing between 1 February 2014 and 31 March 2015."

So you haven't missed out on this offer by the timing of your booking. As with many things though, the offers apply at that point in time, not that you can add additional offers as they appear subsequently.

Edited by The_Big_M

The only part of the deal that was good was that we had a reduced deposit. The prices are the same online now, so no difference in pricing.

The benefits of booking onboard are never reduced pricing, and that's not something they claim. They say the additional benefits are reduced deposit, and that you get OBC, and you can get an upgraded cabin at no cost.

All of these parts of the deal are good, and not something that is provided by booking ashore.

we were looking forward to trying out the different drink package (YAY it includes coffee!) - amongst other things!

You can still try the drink package. It's available as an a la carte purchase, not just as an included bonus on certain bookings.

We are travelling as a group of 6 and I am just annoyed now that I recommended that we book early.

I am considering cancelling and rebooking with another line. It is annoying that we are spending so much money and missing out on the good deal. I will never do an onboard booking again.

It's not that you booked onboard; it's that you booked at a time when the package wasn't offered. You should have gotten other benefits in exchange for booking onboard.... do those have no value to you? If not, why did you book onboard in the first place?

Lastly, by booking early, you get a better selection of cabins. There's something to be said for that. If you wait til some other perk is offered, you may lose out on cabin selection. Everything is a trade off.

The benefits of booking onboard are never reduced pricing, and that's not something they claim. They say the additional benefits are reduced deposit, and that you get OBC, and you can get an upgraded cabin at no cost.

All of these parts of the deal are good, and not something that is provided by booking ashore.

My DH and I booked onboard, and we did receive a reduction on our cabin, plus the other perks. So, I guess sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't!:eek:

My DH and I booked onboard, and we did receive a reduction on our cabin, plus the other perks. So, I guess sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't!:eek:

They don't claim it as a benefit/reason to book onboard, and given their marketing I'm sure they would if they could. Every cruise I've ever looked at onboard has the same pricing as ashore. I can only guess you were fortunate enough to book onboard at the same time as a price drop happened - well done! :)

Hi - I am really disappointed that we booked on board for our 2015 Sydney - Hawaii cruise.

It is brilliant (or would have been) for us as this is our first Celebrity cruise - we have been Royals for our first two and we were looking forward to trying out the different drink package (YAY it includes coffee!) - amongst other things!.

Hi there, the new packages on Royal now also include coffee! I purchased the non-alcoholic package on our Radiance Christmas cruise and it was great! Fresh squeezed OJ, coffee and tea from the cafe, water and non-alcoholic frozen drinks all included. It was quite a low price per day and I got great value from it!

It is brilliant (or would have been) for us as this is our first Celebrity cruise - we have been Royals for our first two and we were looking forward to trying out the different drink package (YAY it includes coffee!) - amongst other things!

I rang to find out to see if we were eligible and we are not - and we cant cancel and rebook, we will not eligible for the deal.

You win some and you lose some.

As I understood the offer, transpacifics were not eligible. I asked about your sailing onboard in January.

I was told earlier this month I would need to move a cruise to take advantage of an offer. It made no logically sense to me, but I did it. It all depends how much you want that cruise over another. If you really like your price and itinerary, just stay, other offers could come along. Or you could watch the price climb and climb.

I keep checking on that sailing Sydney to Hawaii in 2015 on Solstice. I'm hoping to find a cabin buddy.

In the meantime, I've checked for similar sailing for 2014 and have been astounded at the prices. Obviously all the cheaper cabins have been taken, as prices quoted are double the entrance price for both inside and outside cabins.

I think you did the right thing booking early, even though you missed out on the 1-2-3 package, you will have saved so much more, than if you left it till this time next year to book............

I think you did the right thing booking early, even though you missed out on the 1-2-3 package, you will have saved so much more, than if you left it till this time next year to book............

You didn't 'miss' the 123 package, there isn't one --- at the MOMENT.

Do as I did for our TA on Infinity, I booked in June 2012, but the package was added in July 2013, so I phone Celebrity and had it added.:)

I too was cross that there were others on board who would be benefiting, until I realised that TransAtlantics ( or TransPacifics) were not covered.

The thinking behind this, is that repositioning cruises are cheaper anyway, but when they find that a cruise is not selling, then they revise their thinking.

Thanks everyone! :)&:o

Oh well when I got to thinking about it, really we are still excited about the cruise. The other option is Radiance - and Yippeeee I am thrilled that they have added coffee... now that makes a difference.

I am counting down to May to book fights, and will be looking for accomodation recomendations for Hawaii.... It is a special cruise for us, and we really want to make this a very special holiday. We are planning to stay in Hawaii for ANZAC day - this is special to us, and we are hoping that there will be some dawn ceremony to attend.

Aussie_Kiwi_ Family,

I understand your frustration. We booked our 2014 Europe cruise, 8 days before the promo began, and there was no way around getting the benefits. Very frustrating since the price during the promo was exactly the same as what we booked (and we would have been eligible for 2 offers since it was a Europe cruise). Both Celebrity and our TA said that is was Australian law and even if we cancelled and rebooked we would not be able to receive the deal. It was a bit of a lose-lose situation especially since those in the USA and UK who were in the same position were able to simply have the promo added to their booking.

We have learnt it's generally not the best to book early in Australia, even if the price had gone up by $1500 we would still have been better with the promo (drink package and grats) since these were two things we would have paid for anyway.