If you had to choose ONE specialty restaurant on Celebrity, which would it be?

Chrisconn

As a group of 8 we loved Qsine and have booked again for our Feb. Reflection cruise. Tuscan was so-so on Solstice in 2011 and great on Eclipse in 2012. We found Murano to be kind of pretentious and the waiter was a real snob. (Thought it was funny when I saw the same guy busing tables in the Aqua Spa the next day...talk about a step down). Looking forward to Lawn Club Grill in February.

We are getting ready to head off on the Silhouette in a few weeks.

We will probably eat in the MDR most nights, but might want to try one or two specialty restaurants.

If you had to choose only one or two, which would you pick?

Do any of them offer lunch? (Aside from Bistro on 5)

(If it helps, we have been on Celebrity twice before- but not since M class in 2007!)

Thanks!

We enjoy the Lawn Grill for Dinner. You can have a freshly prepared dinner made on a barbecue grill- Good assortment of steaks, chicken, fish as main course options. They also have a great made to order flat bread pizza as an appetizer. In addition, the restaurant is interactive so you can prepare your dinner (or not-) funny to watch guests make their own pizza!

We also have lunch at the Porch- also on the top deck. They make nice panninis and salads.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just off the Silhouette last week and had the ultimate dining package, which includes unlimited dinners in any specialty restaurant, unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Porch and Bistro on Five as well as any lunches available at the 4 specialty restaurants offered on sea days. The Lawn Club was the only venue that offered lunch on the two sea days, so we enjoyed lunch there on the first sea day. The package also included the Champagne Tea in Murano on the last sea day.

We dined at the Lawn Club for dinner twice. The Lawn Club pretty much ruined me for steaks anywhere else, except for the filet I had at Tuscan Grill. Especially loved the lamb chops and veal. Their meats are very well seasoned and they have a great salad bar. Sides were very good, especially the baked beans and corn, very tasty! If you dine there be sure to try their cookie dessert! We had wonderful weather on our cruise so the venue was great and we loved the crew there, lots of fun!

We also had dinner at Tuscan Grill twice. Loved the calamari, the french onion soup and the goat cheese salad. My friends tried the ravioli appetizer and loved it. The second night there I tried the rib eye and as I said I was disappointed as it didn't live up to the meat at the lawn Club. Desserts were ok, we tried several and preferred the gelato. The restaurant is beautiful at the back of the ship and if you score a table by the window it's wonderful to watch the wake when dining.

We only had one dinner in Murano, but my friends also had dessert there a second night. I had the lobster bisque and thought it was just Ok. I did have the lobster which is prepared tableside and loved it as well as the side of risotto I asked for. I had the sampler for dessert and was a bit disappointed with it. One friend had the crepe that was prepared tableside and loved it so much she asked to return another night just for dessert to have it again. We had wonderful service and a great experience.

We really enjoyed Qsine the two times we dined there, party because of our waitress and the experience. I had dined at Qsine 3 times on other ships so I was very experienced with the menu and ordered the first evening we dined there. The second time we all pretty much knew our favorites, so our waitress was very willing to just bring us smaller portions of what we requested so we didn't feel we were wasting food. One of my friends only wanted the orange chicken from the Asian dishes, so that's all they brought. We only liked the meat eggroll, so they only brought two of those and no vegetable ones. I wanted to try the meatballs and I knew they are usually huge, so I asked for a smaller serving and that's what we received. Loved the sangria, crab lava, lamp chops, the tombstone dessert and the bullet of gelato!

The champagne tea in Murano on the last sea day was very nice, but I think the only people who attended were the ones that had the ultimate dining pkg. I don't think I'd pay the $25 fee for it, but we had white glove service and really enjoyed it.

We only ate at the Porch one time and Bistro on Five one time. Both are worth a try, especially if you are only paying $5, but we really didn't care much for either one, maybe because we were spoiled eating in the specialty restaurants so much.

I suggest you look at the menus and decide which one or ones most appeal to you. Have a wonderful cruise!

Having dined at:

Murano

Ocean Liners

Qsine

Tuscan x 2

BLU x 2

I'd have to say Lawn Club Grill.

So far non of the ones I've been at have been spectacular, though I'd lean to Qsine. So maybe when I do finally get to Lawn Club, I'll finally have a hit...

We love Lawn Club Grill. Last time on the Reflection I got hit in the head with flying flatbread dough... ha! The alfresco dining is perfect in the Caribbean, the food is excellent and we appreciate that it is wholly unpretentious.

Speaking of Reflection, has anyone been waited on by Arthur in Qsine? One of Celebrity's greatest.

Edited by memory-minus

On our recent cruise on Silhouette, we ate at all 4 of the specialty restaurants. Our pick would be Tuscan Grill or Qsine, both are something different, that we can't get at home.

As Alsmez said, the food at the Lawn Club is excellent, however I don't see the point of paying extra, when you can get the same sort of food else where on the ship.

Enjoy you cruise on Silhouette, it is a lovely ship.

Tuscan Grille is my choice for sure but we haven't tried the Lawn Club. As we do have a reservation there this cruise, please tell me what was so ordinary about the menu. Don't they offer good steak cuts (filet mignon)? Wouldn't the only other restaurant be the Tuscan Grille that offers that? If it's only buffet type food I will cancel our reservation.

Edited by oceangoer2

Oh…and I found Qsine HIGHLY disappointing--and impossibly hokey. Food just so-so. The schtick was actually irritating to me.

Would not go there again, personally, although I recognize that many DO enjoy it, especially those who are not exposed to much ethnic food at home. Here in Toronto, we have tons of it…and it is far better. Plus, we went with only four people. Perhaps a larger group would be more fun. Two people…not so much, IMO.

100% agree.

We like Murano and Tuscan.

Q-Sine, hands down, love it! The other restaurants are "yawn", been there, done that. The experience, the food, the gastronomic imaginative flair, the whimsy mixed with chefy expertise - this restaurant is not a gimmick, it's the real deal. We think it's brilliant, and a branding stroke of genius, just another way to set Celebrity apart from it's humdrum competitors.

For the S-class ships, I would say, dollar for dollar, the Tuscan Grill is the best deal. Nice menu.

Great food, great views and excellent service.

Murano is great and a nice change of pace.

Lawn grill is fun, but too expensive and their beef is tender, but lacks flavor (they provide three sauces to help with that)

Qsine is fun with a large group, but one couple will be overwhelmed with the volume of food.

The alternative restaurants (US United States, Normandie, Ocean Liners, and Olympic) on the M-class ships are similar, but better than Murano. And, yes I've eaten multiple times at all of these restaurants.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

gdpups thanks for the info on your recent sille sailing as we have upcoming one in March and hope to book ultimate pkg. I 'm assuming you did the western itineary with only two sea days. I have to agree with the quality of the grilled meats and seafood kabobs, did spoil the steak in Tuscan for us as a bit less appealing after having had them at Lawn Club Grill but still delicious. Also, thanks for the heads up about modifing menu at Qsine as we too just found certain items we preferred and didn't want some of the others that automatically came with so would not want to waste so much food again. Did your friend make an additional reservation at Murano for the desset or just show up? Am thinking of doing so myself when we sail. We still enjoy Tuscan the most for the apps and location and laid back attentive service we've had

Just a heads up, on our cruise they only sold 12 ultimate dining pkgs and sold out of them. I am elite, so we were one of the first on the ship and there were two people ahead of us purchasing them, so after the 4 of us there were only 6 left. Guess the word is out!

After we had dined one night in Murano we asked if we could return for dessert only on another night and was given a 10 pm reservation for whichever night we liked. They were wonderful to accommodate my friends, who each left them a $10 tip. I passed because it was the evening we ate at Qsine and I personally enjoyed the desserts there a bit more.

The crew at all the restaurants were amazing, we had such a wonderful time!

Lawn Club Grill is first, with Tuscan a close second.

We loved Lawn Club on both of our recent cruises. A great location with wonderful food in a more casual atmosphere. The cool breezes simply added to the great times!

Tuscan is also wonderful. Best location on the ship with an awesome view of the wake as you dine. The food is fantastic!

I know you didn't ask, but The Porch for lunch (only on the Silhouette and Reflection) is our favorite for lunch. Great food and, again, great location!

Bruce