Neptune Suites & complimentary bottled water

zelker

How much complimentary bottled water do you get at embarkation in the Neptune Suites and do they continue to replenish it for free throughout the cruise?

Also, I can't remember ... is there complimentary bottled water available in the Neptune Lounge?

Thanks

How much complimentary bottled water do you get at embarkation in the Neptune Suites and do they continue to replenish it for free throughout the cruise?

Also, I can't remember ... is there complimentary bottled water available in the Neptune Lounge?

Thanks

The initial water you receive is free - after that you pay like everyone else.

There isn't bottled water in the Neptune Lounge but there is water in the pouring type gizmo and is good. The same type of containers that the orange juice, cranberry juice and iced tea are in.

Nothing to stop you from putting some in a mug or whatever and taking it back to your cabin if you so choose :)

Thanks

One large bottle sparkling water, one bottle sparkling wine (we didn't open it). Lucky you, I've only had one experience in a Neptune suite - also on the Zuiderdam - and loved the Neptune Lounge and breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.:) It was a combination up-sell/upgrade, not likely to be that lucky again.:o

We bring double walled water bottles and refill them in the Neptune or the Lido, depending on whether we're in the room or out and about. We used to use regular refillable sport bottles, but the double walled ones keep the water cooler - especially at the pool.

The AQUA PANNA ... a waste. It is a large size bottle with a tip off cap. Once you open it, you cannot close it. No point in having a bottle that you cannot use it 'fresh'. One of those things that are supposed to look 'smart', but rather silly.

One large bottle sparkling water, one bottle sparkling wine (we didn't open it). Lucky you, I've only had one experience in a Neptune suite - also on the Zuiderdam - and loved the Neptune Lounge and breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.:) It was a combination up-sell/upgrade, not likely to be that lucky again.:o

We just got a heck of a deal on an upgrade from an SY today -- too good to pass up. Our very first cruise was on the Westerdam and the same thing happened only that time it was from a Verandah cabin to a Neptune Suite for a really good deal and that was on a 12 night sailing out of Venice. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Got us hooked on the "suite life" for sure. Wish we could afford it on every cruise but alas, the money tree in the back yard still isn't producing fruit. ;)

I've read that some people have successfully swapped their sparkling wine for a bottle of regular wine so we'll likely do the same. We both preferred still water too so will see if we can get our steward to switch out the sparkling for us as well.

DH is looking forward to his morning cappuccinos from the Neptune Lounge and we are both looking forward to breakfast in the PG.

OK ... gotta say it. YAY!!! What a nice Valentine's Day present. :D

Thanks

I will echo most of what is posted above. We were Neptune level on the last two cruises and had complimentary (one) bottled water but not the same as the picture posted above. It was free however. Also, you would be wise to take a double walled container for Neptune water. That water is as good as bottled. I filled up container before going to the gym and, if there wasn't enough ice, they will gladly get that for you as well. The ship's engineers are very proud of the quality of their water and I think you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.

We just got a heck of a deal on an upgrade from an SY today -- too good to pass up. Our very first cruise was on the Westerdam and the same thing happened only that time it was from a Verandah cabin to a Neptune Suite for a really good deal and that was on a 12 night sailing out of Venice. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Got us hooked on the "suite life" for sure. Wish we could afford it on every cruise but alas, the money tree in the back yard still isn't producing fruit. ;)

I've read that some people have successfully swapped their sparkling wine for a bottle of regular wine so we'll likely do the same. We both preferred still water too so will see if we can get our steward to switch out the sparkling for us as well.

DH is looking forward to his morning cappuccinos from the Neptune Lounge and we are both looking forward to breakfast in the PG.

That's great, I'm really happy for you.:) I have an SY booked for my next Z'dam cruise, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Oh I hope I am not going to put a damper on your expectations.

Only PS, SA, SB and SC cabins have use of the Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle for breakfast.

I will echo most of what is posted above. We were Neptune level on the last two cruises and had complimentary (one) bottled water but not the same as the picture posted above. It was free however. Also, you would be wise to take a double walled container for Neptune water. That water is as good as bottled. I filled up container before going to the gym and, if there wasn't enough ice, they will gladly get that for you as well. The ship's engineers are very proud of the quality of their water and I think you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.

Exactly -- until you get on the ship, you will not know what brand of bottled water will be free in the PS and Neptune Suites.

We just got off the Zaandam and had the bottle of still water and the sparkling wine in the Neptune Suite at embarkation. In the past we used to be able to trade the sparkling wine for a few beers but no more. We could only trade the sparkling wine for a bottle of the house white or the house red. The house white is a Chardonnay.

Also, as with many others on this board, we find the ship's water from the faucet to be just fine. I rarely go to the Neptune to get water. I just fill up from the bathroom or dressing room sink faucet. If you need ice, just ask the Neptune Lounge concierge or the Pinnacle Grill Steward working in the Neptune. They will be happy to fill your glass or ice bucket.

That's great, I'm really happy for you.:) I have an SY booked for my next Z'dam cruise, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thank you!!

I didn't wait for them to call me - I kept having my TA call HAL and when I didn't like the price offered, I declined, waited a few days, and called back to have them check again. Believe me when I say that the price today from the price offered two weeks ago was a HUGE reduction.

Edited by zelker

Oh I hope I am not going to put a damper on your expectations.

Only PS, SA, SB and SC cabins have use of the Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle for breakfast.

No damper, KK ... we were previously in an SY, now we're in an SB.

We are among those who think the water delicious on all the HAL ships.

We always use the complimentary bottle of whatever brand water they provide included in our fare but only occassionally purchase another. I'm happy to fill a glass with ice from the bucket and use tap water and I'm a big water drinker.

On the Vista and Signature class ships you have 2 concierges on duty most of the time and you need to use your ID to enter the Neptune Lounge.

On the R and S class ships there is 1 concierge on duty with a relief person from the front office whom you see quite often. You do not need to use your ID card to enter the Neptune Lounge on these ships.

I do not know anything about the Prinsendam.

On the Vista and Signature class ships you have 2 concierges on duty most of the time and you need to use your ID to enter the Neptune Lounge.

On the R and S class ships there is 1 concierge on duty with a relief person from the front office whom you see quite often. You do not need to use your ID card to enter the Neptune Lounge on these ships.

I do not know anything about the Prinsendam.

The Prinsendam is the the same as the S & R ships. Like those ships, the concierges know every person who is in a suite. the smaller ships do not have many so it is not hard for them to know who the suite passengers are ;)