Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

We were just on the Ruby and tried to go out on top of the bridge but the door was locked. We spotted an officer around the pool and asked him about it. He told us that Princess has decided it is too dangerous to allow passengers up there and they have stopped it on all ships. I don't know if this is true. Has anyone been on top if the bridge lately?

We were on the Star in May and it was available most of the cruise! A highlight of the trip - especially at sail-a-way!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by jdellachiesa

I have heard that on this thread, but I don't recall ever hearing about it when I was sailing on other Carnival lines. How do you learn about it apart from this thread? :o

I have sailed all but Celebrity of the ones I listed. The daily programs all mention about seeing the Future Cruise Consultant on board.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

I don't know if this is a secret but prices have dropped and just saved over $650 on our cruise in February. Called my TA and she adjusted the price. All Balcony room prices are equal to Oceanview until the 19th. So check it out.

I don't know if this is a secret but prices have dropped and just saved over $650 on our cruise in February. Called my TA and she adjusted the price. All Balcony room prices are equal to Oceanview until the 19th. So check it out.

Very nice for you but it doesn't apply to most people. My OV is currently booked at $105 less than is shown on Princess and the balcony rooms are listed at $475 more than we are paying.

Price drops and specials are great but you would do better to post them in your roll call so others on the same cruise can jump on them. (We saved over $600 on our last cruise due to someone in our roll call posting about a price drop for that specific cruise. The price drop only lasted a day or so.)

You should have sent it back and had it done right.

There are so many more interesting, imaginative things to eat

on a ship than a kilo of ice-cream.

If that is one's goal, it is easy enough to re-create in the costco

frozen food aisle, without the overhead of a cruise.

When you book your shore excursions in advance through Princess, you will be charged the price at which you booked. If (and it sometimes does) the price of the excursion goes up, you are locked in at the price when you booked. :)

LuLu

When you book your shore excursions in advance through Princess, you will be charged the price at which you booked. If (and it sometimes does) the price of the excursion goes up, you are locked in at the price when you booked. :)

LuLu

Last week that happened to us. We pre-booked at $55,it went up to $59 a short time later,then we had to cancel and it was at $69.

You can order anything I ordered Stoli Elit martinis. But if you frequent a bar on board and one of the waiters is working the party they will bring you your usual. On one cruise our favorite waiter kept us so refilled we were snockered when we left the party.

My line is after taking a sip is"Did you put any booze in this drink". Also I give a cash tip on top of regular tip. Drinks are alway strong.:D

I will have to admit that, having tried the Volcano once, I will go back to being boring and usually having the creme brulee. (I love that stuff!!!) However, it was good to try it once and the young lady serving us got such a kick out of it when I mentioned I might try it. Her whole face lit up and she told me I definitely should give it a try. She was still grinning when she brought it. Any time you can make one of the crew light up with a smile it's a great feeling. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Some tips on food for newbies, some previously mentioned, but all in one place:

1. Most of the food venues are free - exceptions are Sabatinis and Crown Grill or any other specialty restaurant.

2. International Cafe (IC) on ships that have them, most items are free. If Gelato is displayed, it is 1.50 for 3 scoops, a good price and tasty. I understand on the newer ships this price is more?

3. Pizza is really good IMHO and free. In the morning, fresh waffles are available where the pizza will be later in the day.

4. Cookies are really good. Different varieties will be at buffet. Warm ones served poolside in the afternoon and during the movies (MUTS). Popcorn, pizza, and blankets also available at MUTS.

5. If you like frozen drinks, and don't care if there is alcohol (yes some of us don't care) many nights the MDR will list a chilled soup which is more like a frozen drink. Served in a glass with a straw. Example - pineapple one is like a virgin pina colada.

6. Afternoon Tea - wouldn't miss. Not a Brit, so for some I'm sure the tea and scones are sub par, but for my tongue, it is bliss. Love the scones and clotted cream/jam. Also have pastries and little sandwiches. Not a ladies only event. Many guys have found this nice afternoon snack. I think it is at 3:30 - check patter.

7. If you want a banana split - order the Volcano in MDR for dessert.

8. You can go back to the MDR later in the evening and just get dessert - while it is still open.

9. One of the Dining Rooms is open during embarkation.

10. Some of the ships, on sail away, will have a seafood extravaganza - including crab legs and lobster claws - the first night. Check the patter or ask.

11. You can check what is on the menu for each evening by going to the dining room earlier in the day and looking on the wall outside the entrance. We do this when waiting for afternoon tea to open.

HTH (Hope this helps)

Some tips on food for newbies, some previously mentioned, but all in one place:

10. Some of the ships, on sail away, will have a seafood extravaganza - including crab legs and lobster claws - the first night. Check the patter or ask.

HTH (Hope this helps)

Thank you for your posting. It really does help this newbie to Princess. One question: where is the seafood extravaganza usually held, MDR, buffet or ???

per retired, did not know about #8- that you could go back to MDR later for dessert. Is that on all ships?

Could be helpful in theses cases where staying for dessert would make us late for another activity. (Or when I cannot decide which dessert, that way I can have two without being obvious )

Edited by bigenna

Thank you for your posting. It really does help this newbie to Princess. One question: where is the seafood extravaganza usually held, MDR, buffet or ???

It's been two or three years since we've been on a ship with a seafood extravaganza. It was on Lido Deck. Some liked it better than others. ;)

LuLu

Agreed. Costco also has an amazing dipped ice cream bar. I am however slightly bummed there is no Gelato on the Golden :(

Agreed. Costco also has an amazing dipped ice cream bar. I am however slightly bummed there is no Gelato on the Golden :(

I will admit that I really enjoyed the soft-serve ice-cream on carribbean.

I thought it was better than many places on land, like Dairy Queen and

Carvelle.

I was glad I didn't find it until the very end of the cruise, as self-control

is not always one of my best areas.

It was available on our Hawaiian cruise and Lulu is correct some people loved it others not.

Love lobster tail. Never dealt with a whole lobster so no experience with the claws. Detest crab. (Yeah, I'm the guy who doesn't like crab. There had to be one somewhere...)

Love lobster tail. Never dealt with a whole lobster so no experience with the claws. Detest crab. (Yeah, I'm the guy who doesn't like crab. There had to be one somewhere...)

Dealing with the whole lobster (or crab for that matter) can be daunting. We used to go to crab feeds but after awhile it just seems like a lot of work to get the meat out. I had a Crab Louie for lunch today and was very happy that someone else gathered the meat. :D

By the way our niece recently had a baby and named him Throck. Pretty close to your screen name.

Originally from the Northeast where lobster is common in season. Learned to eat the whole thing at age 6. The claws have more meat than crab. A Northern Californian who doesn't like crab. More for the rest of us and thank you. :D