Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

At around $40 per share, that's a $4k risk. Plus you're going to pay commission on each trade. If you're regularly doing 14 day cruises, it might be worth it. But for 13 days or under, a $50 to $100 credit hardly seems worth the stock risk.

Another occasion when little or no knowledge is a dangerous thing................

I bought shares in 2009 - only 100 I do not share deal

So far I have had over $600 in quarterly dividends

So far I have had $3825 on board credit for my cruises

The value of the shares themselves has increased by $1650

The original cost was about 15$ for the share purchase

How can this not be a win win win situation:D:D:D

Don't think you would want to drink distilled water. we had a dehumidifier which creates distilled water and I remember tasting it as a child.....euck....

Distilled water is fine to drink, it just tastes flat because it has no minerals.

The PSD will have extra copies of the Patter.

THANK YOU for that extremely useful piece of information. I'll have my carry-on case sitting in my walking frame basket, so could get a copy of the Patter and go for lunch before going to my cabin!

These generously shared bits of inside knowledge are a goldmine for this Longing To Be A Cruiser, still about 19 months of countdown to go, but eagerly gathering information. I might NEED another cruise to recover from the 1st!

Have already been warned by my cousin to be sitting down as the ship goes through the "Notorious" Melbourne Rip. I am NOT noted in the family for good balance, very much the opposite. I was concerned about sea-sickness, used to be a right horror for delayed travel-sickness as a kid, but someone mentioned (don't remember if on here or on another forum I frequent) that Stemetil will work. I had to take it due to Cancer treatment, so know I can tolerate it with my current medications.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Boy am I glad that I saw your comment! We are going to have quite a bit of OBC and had planned to use much of it by buying coffee cards, some wine, and several tours ahead of time. Thanks!

You can pre-book your princess excursions. Those are charged to your onboard account so book while they are available, if you wait your choices may decrease.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Each person who is Platinum or Elite will get the free minutes. When you first log in with your name and cabin number you will be offer several plans. The first is the plan with the free minutes at zero cost. You will have an option to add minutes at additional cost to those free minutes if you wish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have ways to go...but looking forward to reaching those levels[emoji4]

Funny thing is...we're Diamond Plus on RCI (which is the highest level possible) but as soon as we reached D plus, RCI bumped their loyalty program level to "Pinnacle"...this level requires approx. 700 nights, yikes! Sooo...we "jumped ship"[emoji5]

This is a great thread....[emoji173] all the tips!

Edited by sippin-time

We have ways to go...but looking forward to reaching those levels[emoji4]

Funny thing is...we're Diamond Plus on RCI (which is the highest level possible) but as soon as we reached D plus, RCI bumped their loyalty program level to "Pinnacle"...this level requires approx. 700 nights, yikes! Sooo...we "jumped ship"[emoji5]

This is a great thread....[emoji173] all the tips!

We have friends who left RCI for that and other reasons too

We are Pinnacle with RCI and we left .. for many reasons .. not the least of which was a huge drop in the quality of their food, and other reasons like all their little cut backs, followed by many other little cut backs followed by more cut backs right down to not even having plastic RCI logo pens anymore. They even cut some of the television news stations saying they were not going to renew those contracts because they were too expensive. Yet RCI's stock has nearly doubled in the past 12 months as their profits have grown bigger than ever before. RCI offered us a free pre-inaugural cruise on the new Quantum of the Seas next month .. we said no thank you!

Does anyone know how to jump the tender queue? (Without causing a riot!)

Mini suite or Platinum any good to get an early tender

We are on one of the bigger ships and have private tours

Will we have to just get up very early?

Talk to the people in excursions or at the customer service desk they might be able to give you priority tender tickets.

Me Me Me

No

Yea for you

Yes

I was under the impression that the English were sticklers about not jumping the queue ? :D

It's Elite status where you get Priority tender passes. I'm looking forward to trying that on my next cruise. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Elite status where you get Priority tender passes. I'm looking forward to trying that on my next cruise. [emoji3]

You also get them when occupying a suite, even if it is your first cruise.

Mike:)

You also get them when occupying a suite, even if it is your first cruise.

I don't believe those allow you to "jump the queue" but rather just make it so you don't have to go and wait in line for tender passes elsewhere. Elite and suite passengers are not supposed to be allowed to go to the head of the line for boarding.

I don't believe those allow you to "jump the queue" but rather just make it so you don't have to go and wait in line for tender passes elsewhere. Elite and suite passengers are not supposed to be allowed to go to the head of the line for boarding.

Absolutely not!

That just means that you may join the line at any time (at the end) rather than waiting for a designated time to disembark, etc.

Yes, Platinum still gets some free internet minutes depending on the length of the cruise:

150 minutes - 7 days or less

250 minutes - 8 thru 20 days

500 minutes - 21+ days

LuLu

Slight clarification (making this an even better deal): EACH Platinum member gets this benefit on a cruise. So, a couple, each platinum or elite will get the minutes, effectively doubling these numbers.

Slight clarification (making this an even better deal): EACH Platinum member gets this benefit on a cruise. So, a couple, each platinum or elite will get the minutes, effectively doubling these numbers.

Sounds like a great deal.

Do you know for World Cruises, does it renew each sector?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
If I may ask - where do you find a TA that offers credits?

The most common answer to this is to ask people onboard at your meet and greet to tell you who they use for their TA. Sadly, it's forbidden to ask that question or to answer it here on CC.