Princess Secrets 2014!!!

lw4484

Yup. We have those on the west coast...Seattle to Vancouver or vice versa. Repositioning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our last cruise there was a guy there that said he got to elite on Princess on 21 cruise days. He had several 1 and 3 day cruises. I think he said he got three credits on a 1 day cruise by booking a suite (2 credits) and booking it as a single.

On our last cruise there was a guy there that said he got to elite on Princess on 21 cruise days. He had several 1 and 3 day cruises. I think he said he got three credits on a 1 day cruise by booking a suite (2 credits) and booking it as a single.

There are now many new Platinums and Elite after the big push of short cruises at give-away prices.

It no longer feels "special".

Edited by dorisis

However! I have just seen a post that states that on Princess taking life jackets to the muster drill is now optional???

john

Yes, I also saw that thread!

Hope it's fleet wide. It would be wonderful not to have to take life jackets to the Muster Drill. :D

LuLu

Well, here's my 2 cents. After reading these tips, we tried them in Jan on Crown...both were successful.

1. Write in breakfast choices on the room service card. No hassle, no problems with any item...hot or cold.

2. Order a side of lobster tails with steak of choice at Crown Grill for surf and turf. Again, no hassle or questions.

Hope someone gets some use from these. I had my doubts about both, but both worked flawlessly.

Very helpful, thank you! :D

I'm sitting here at home. I don't need to have my life jacket with me. I don't even have to attend muster. I wish I was on a ship and don't care if I would have to drag the darn life jacket to muster with me.

Whether I have to take my life jacket with me or could leave it in my room isn't the problem. The problem is that I am not on a ship and instead I have to go to work!!!!!

Don't sweat it if you are still required to take your life jacket with you to muster drill. There are far worse things.

I'm thinking of taking my first Princess cruise so came here to look at some "secrets".

Funny how the same secrets are repeated cruise line to cruise line.

Proof I guess that the mass market brands are more alike then different.

Going to look at the 2013 Secrets version next.

You still get the same perks you got before. How much more special do you need to feel? :confused:

CC needs a like button!
Yes!

Yes, I also saw that thread!

Hope it's fleet wide. It would be wonderful not to have to take life jackets to the Muster Drill. :D

LuLu

We're just off the Island Princess, and they said that they are "trying out" the thing where if you've sailed with Princess before, you don't have to bring the life jacket to the muster drill (so basically as long as your key card isn't blue when they scan you).

Correct and this IS a BIG secret because if you ask the staff welcoming you on board which dining room is open, they will direct you to Horizon Court which is what they have been trained to say. ;) Look at your deck plans before you board and know where you need to go and try each of the anytime dining areas - one is sure to be operating! We have done this on our last several cruise and always get a great quiet meal away from the hustle of the buffet

Great advice! I shall certainly do that. I've written it on my current Cruise Tips notepad, I need to go through and sort it into Packing, On-Board Tips, and Insider Tips. Not sure which category it fits in, only packing seems the wrong fit! Thank you for the "heads up".

Crochetcruise:cool:

One tip about Internet access is to buy the minutes prior to departure from the Princess gift store online. You get more bonus Internet minutes for the same price. You do get bonus minute on board if you purchase early after boarding but not as many as when you prurchase.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp

Also make sure you sign out each time you use the Internet or your tally keeps running and using your minutes. I think you can get info. From the Internet employee onboard about sign out procedures as well as how to set up your account once onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

THANK YOU!

This is an area I'm uncertain as to what is best for me, your information has eased my concerns.

Crochetcruise

As a CPAP user, I can tell you first hand that the room steward delivers a SEALED gallon bottle of distiller water to one's stateroom. An extension cord is a necessity, but with a request ahead of time, I've gotten a long, heavy duty cord.

So when I book, I get my Travel Agent to request an US/AUS adapter plug for the wall socket and a power strip so I can safely recharge my camera batteries, and computer? This would make things much less stressful for me. I do know about fire hazards-Dad was a Volunteer Fireman and I heard some tales of absolute STUPIDITY and the things panicked people did!

Thank you!

Crochetcruise

Our last two cruises on Sun class ships they had a Pastry Extravaganza in the HC one lunchtime toward the end of the cruise which was a huge decadent display of all types of cakes, pastries, pies & desserts. It wasn't publicised with great fanfare but was in the small print in the dining section of the patter.

There were ice carvings, melon carvings & cakes in the shape of animals etc

Great advice! I shall certainly do that. I've written it on my current Cruise Tips notepad, I need to go through and sort it into Packing, On-Board Tips, and Insider Tips. Not sure which category it fits in, only packing seems the wrong fit! Thank you for the "heads up".

Crochetcruise:cool:

Also if you are able to get in your cabin right away your patter will have the open dining room listed

And we don't get hit by a bus tomorrow, and the earth doesn't fall into the sun, etc. :rolleyes: Gotta operate on the information you have and think positive. You hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Amen

I don't know whether this is a secret or not, but can you stow your empty suitcases under the bed?

That's what we do and use one on the open to the room side of the bed as the depository for dirty clothes.