123 Go Offer. When to book?

pennys mum

I have now decided to book the Equinox for August 2014...Med cruise.

Does anyone know how long the 123 Go offer usually lasts?

Do cruise prices fluctuate much?

please bear in mind that in the UK we lose our deposit/or pay a fee if we change bookings, so room hopping to upgrade is not really an option.

On a 14 night cruise the offer will save me quite a bit of money but if prices drop after offer ends it may make a big difference...or not.

I know that no one can predict these things but any advice would be helpful.

The offer is advertised to end on Feb 28th. If you selected the OBC and gratuities, the cruise would have to drop over $300 per person for you to break even. If you wanted the beverage package as one of the choices, that is worth approx $700 per person for that 14 night cruise.

Unfortunately, No one can predict cruise pricing. I've "watched" a cruise waiting for it to drop, and it never did.

Good luck

M

I have now decided to book the Equinox for August 2014...Med cruise.

Does anyone know how long the 123 Go offer usually lasts?

Do cruise prices fluctuate much?

please bear in mind that in the UK we lose our deposit/or pay a fee if we change bookings, so room hopping to upgrade is not really an option.

On a 14 night cruise the offer will save me quite a bit of money but if prices drop after offer ends it may make a big difference...or not.

I know that no one can predict these things but any advice would be helpful.

Your question does not have a definitive answer, prices & offers change all the time.

It depends on how well a particular cruise is booking. a classic case of supply & demand.

If you see a cruise that you like at the time that suits & the price is one you can live with you may as well go for it.

If you wait things may change but your cabin choice could also be restricted.

We booked our Nov Reflection sailing last year in Feb just before the 123 special expired. The price WITHOUT any perk climbed to $480 pp more thru out the summer. Final was due in Sept, and just after the price dropped some but was still over $200 pp higher, again without any perks.

We booked our next cruise the first of Jan. The web site shows all OV's are Sold Out :eek: We booked a reg 1A veranda, all are now higher than what we booked at, with over 9 months till sailing. If you find the date that works with your time off, book it. You can get 100% of the deposit refunded until the day final is due! and if you are a Captain Club member, the deposit is 50%.

Edited by wallie5446

We booked our Nov Reflection sailing last year in Feb just before the 123 special expired. The price WITHOUT any perk climbed to $480 pp more thru out the summer. Final was due in Sept, and just after the price dropped some but was still over $200 pp higher, again without any perks.

We booked our next cruise the first of Jan. The web site shows all OV's are Sold Out :eek: We booked a reg 1A veranda, all are now higher than what we booked at, with over 9 months till sailing. If you find the date that works with your time off, book it. You can get 100% of the deposit refunded until the day final is due! and if you are a Captain Club member, the deposit is 50%.

Sorry but in the UK you DO NOT get your deposit refunded unlike in the US.

We have to be sure that our booking is for the cruise that we really want or else face loss of our deposit or a substantial rebooking fee.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Like everyone else says, it COULD go down, but it could also go up. For every story that ends "I saved $500" there's another where the price went up.

It just depends on how well the cruise is selling. One of the best times for a price drop is right at the penalty date, around 70 days before sailing, but unfortunately 123go ends long before then, so if you see something you like I'd just go ahead and book it.

I would think to book ASAP. I am sure that prices will probably increase as the end date gets closer because there will be a rush to book. Right now people are waitng on the fence hoping for a decrease.

Then again in the past there was an extension.

Book whenever you feel comfortable and be happy with it.

🌅🌴🍸🍻

Sorry but in the UK you DO NOT get your deposit refunded unlike in the US.

We have to be sure that our booking is for the cruise that we really want or else face loss of our deposit or a substantial rebooking fee.

Opps:o Did not look at where the OP was from, sorry.

If it is the cruise you really want and you will use the drinks offer then book before the 28th Feb. this will be the price you pay unless the cruise price goes down before you make your final payment. If it goes down before that final payment then you can ask your TA to request a price reduction. YOU will have to watch the prices on the Celebrity site. No one will tell you about the reduction. Last year I claimed refunds on two Caribbean cruises - absolutely no problem. Celebrity just reissued new cruise documentation for my final payment.

Note - it applies to the cruise only part of your booking.

I do not know of any changes to this rule but before you book ask your TA to get confirmation.

How do you choose your credit when you make your reservation? I have a reservation on hold, but I don't see how I choose the Bev Package.. and I want to upgrade to the Premium. I'm nervous about making the payment until I know that I can get the promo.

If it is the cruise you really want and you will use the drinks offer then book before the 28th Feb. this will be the price you pay unless the cruise price goes down before you make your final payment. If it goes down before that final payment then you can ask your TA to request a price reduction. YOU will have to watch the prices on the Celebrity site. No one will tell you about the reduction. Last year I claimed refunds on two Caribbean cruises - absolutely no problem. Celebrity just reissued new cruise documentation for my final payment.

Note - it applies to the cruise only part of your booking.

I do not know of any changes to this rule but before you book ask your TA to get confirmation.

I was not planning to use a TA as it is coming out cheaper using the celebrity website. Did not think that we could get any reductions if the price dropped as I thought it would be considered an amendment and could affect the 123 Go offer.

The offer is advertised to end on Feb 28th. If you selected the OBC and gratuities, the cruise would have to drop over $300 per person for you to break even. If you wanted the beverage package as one of the choices, that is worth approx $700 per person for that 14 night cruise.

Unfortunately, No one can predict cruise pricing. I've "watched" a cruise waiting for it to drop, and it never did.

Good luck

M

That was exactly my problem. I was looking at beverage package and gratuities as my selections. I am not sure that we could or want to drink that much although over 14 days it would still be worth having.

That was why I was asking if when the promotion finished there would be a price drop to reflect the cost of the offer, otherwise it is a lot of money/credit to miss out on.

I normally go RCI and watch their site closely and have had some really good deals when booking late but have never been on celebrity so did not know if they did the same thing. Never really been concerned where the ship was going as long as I was on it.

Keep in mind that there is a lot more to the beverage pkg besides liquor, in determining the daily value for you. On our last cruise it came up to $50 per person per day that was covered for water, juice, coffee, and soda alone. Oh, the wifester really liked the wine bar, and I was in Michaels nightly:D

Keep in mind that there is a lot more to the beverage pkg besides liquor, in determining the daily value for you. On our last cruise it came up to $50 per person per day that was covered for water, juice, coffee, and soda alone. Oh, the wifester really liked the wine bar, and I was in Michaels nightly:D

Ah, Good point, forgot about soft drinks and coffee, maybe I will get value out of it.

Thanks for that

How do you choose your credit when you make your reservation? I have a reservation on hold, but I don't see how I choose the Bev Package.. and I want to upgrade to the Premium. I'm nervous about making the payment until I know that I can get the promo.

You need to put the promotional code for the options you want in the box, they are in the T&Cs and displayed on other info about the offer :)

I was not planning to use a TA as it is coming out cheaper using the celebrity website. Did not think that we could get any reductions if the price dropped as I thought it would be considered an amendment and could affect the 123 Go offer.

As you are booking direct then give Celebrity a ring and sort out your queries - particularly if price drops would you keep the 123 offer. Take the drink package - worth it. Water free when you leave the ship, lovely coffee, etc I love the hot chocolate - of course, the G&T and wine with dinner is nice as well! So nice to order without the worry of a bill at the end.

If you do ring please let us know what they say. Thanks

Sorry but in the UK you DO NOT get your deposit refunded unlike in the US.........................................

You can easily book via a US Travel Agency. We compare the costs both sides of the pond and choose the deal that suits us best. True the cruise line will refund deposit up to Final Payment day in the US but many US Agencies retain a booking fee so you get only a portion of your deposit back.