Just Booked Summit FV Cabins

AZGal

This is my first time sailing Celebrity and I am very excited that we were able to book 2 FV cabins for my family. I have been doing some research and am a little worried about the condition of these cabins. We have 7202 and 7204. We booked these cabins because we love the huge verandas. But if the cabins are more "tired" than others, I am thinking of moving us all to C3 cabins and giving up the huge balconies. I am the planner for all of our trips and worry I am making a bad decision. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We love the Summit, and would not hesitate to book 7202 - 7204. We have been in 7202 and in 7199 (same cabin on other side of ship) on the Constellation (same configuration as Summit). Of course it depends on your priorities, but there is no way I would give up the huge corner veranda (and oversized room) for C3's. I am not aware of condition reports, and would not let them deter me from my choice unless I read the same negative comment from several people. I would move from a C3 to FV in a heartbeat, if available, but that's me.

Hi AZ,

You will LOVE the FV! I do not know how large your family is but the size of the balcony and having he extra room is just fantastic! Seriously, keep the FV! You will not regret it.

We were only 2 and had FVs on a few cruises and thought ourselves very fortunate. Our most favorite cruise was an FV for a Panama Cruise.

Enjoy and happy cruising!

Can't get to the deck plans on the Celebrity website right now to see where these are located, but if they are corner FV's I would never, ever give them up! Love those cabins. Even if they did happen to be a little bit more worn than other rooms (and that is up for debate) the pluses would far outweigh the minuses IMHO. Have sailed in corner FV's only a couple times as we have only three in our family so usually can't get them, and we absolutely loved them.

7202 and 7204 are probably two of the best cabins (non suite) on the ship. One is the corner FOV and the other is right next door. You will have more space for your family than you ever dreamed of having! The balcony space alone makes them worth it, not to mention all the storage space. Concierge cabin would not even come close! :). Enjoy and feel fortunate you were able to snag them. Your family will thank you!!!

Thanks very much for the quick (and very positive) replies! I feel better already. There are 8 of us going and 3/3 in the FVs and another 2 booked just down the hall. We just booked on Friday and because we booked so late, I asked the Celebrity travel assistant to ask his superiors if we could have these cabins......and they said YES!

We are 7 adults and only one child. I was afraid 4 in each would be too crowded.

I have done some surfing on the boards and the comments seem to revolve around the bathrooms not being in the best repair. And then also that these cabins get a little "harder" use because they are for families

I know that comments can be very particular relating to a person's likes and dislikes. Little things won't bug us at all! We LOVE our huge balconies where we can gather together.

The worst possible decision you could make would be to give up these cabins for C3s. There is absolutely no comparison. The cabins themselves are much, much larger, and the balconies are huge.

If there is wear and tear in these cabins, there is likely also wear and tear in the C3s. So I would not use that as a deciding factor.

I've never had a cabin I liked as much as the corner FOV we had. I almost liked it better than the royal suite we occupied on a previous cruise. I don't think you will regret choosing these cabins.

Enjoy!

Many thanks again to everyone for the emphatic reassurance that I made the right decision for my family members. And also for the warm welcome to the Celebrity Board! I can now relax and start planning our excursions.

I'll pile on by saying we were fortunate to have a corner FV (8166) on the Infinity TA this fall (we gave up a C2 for it), and we just loved it. No one has posted photos yet, so I've posted some below. Was the cabin a little worn? Yes, the bathroom grout was riddled with mildew and should have been replaced long ago. (I'll spare you those photos.) On balance, though, you can't go wrong with this:

Infinity8166deck2_zps4321b3ec.jpg

Infinity8166deck_zps1926741c.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Can someone tell me about the beds in these cabins? Are there any upper berths?

Not in the one we were in. There's the "master" bed in the main room, and two sofas in the sitting room that are supposed to sleep three additional people (presumably little people :) ). Since it was only my spouse and me, we never opened them up. But it appeared that it would be pretty tight in there once they were open. Here are the two rooms:

Infinityourcabin1024x789_zpsde66cf26.jpg

Infinityourcabin21024x652_zpsa77f26e4.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Some more photos here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

Post 9

We were in the corner cabin above Turtles (9156)

The settee that you can see in picture 4 had lost its 'springs' but I imagine this is the case for a lot of the furniture in the cabins.

Others have pointed out that the only real problem is just one bathroom.

Edited by upwarduk

I currently have 2 connecting 2C's already booked but noticed that these FV's are available with a Guaranty.

Debating whether I should give up the 2 connecting (me and DH, and DDs 23 and 17) for a Guaranty FV and have all 4 of us in the FV.

The balcony is to die for, I thought the aft-wraps on Carnival were special, boy these are sweet. We love big balconies, but can we live with 1 bathroom? I think I could do it just so I have a table and lounge chair of my very own.

The price is about the same, the FV is about $200 more total. Asking if anyone thinks it's worth the switch?

I currently have 2 connecting 2C's already booked but noticed that these FV's are available with a Guaranty.

Debating whether I should give up the 2 connecting (me and DH, and DDs 23 and 17) for a Guaranty FV and have all 4 of us in the FV.

The balcony is to die for, I thought the aft-wraps on Carnival were special, boy these are sweet. We love big balconies, but can we live with 1 bathroom? I think I could do it just so I have a table and lounge chair of my very own.

The price is about the same, the FV is about $200 more total. Asking if anyone thinks it's worth the switch?

It's hard for me to imagine four adults/young adults in an FV. Apart from the fact that there's only one bathroom, that bathroom can only be accessed from the "master bedroom," and the balcony can only be accessed from the sitting room/pull out sofa bedroom. And the sitting room/pull out sofa bedroom can only be accessed from the "master bedroom." In other words, a potential for people to be tripping all over each other during the night and at other times. (If your kids are out later than you are, and you've gone to bed, they have to walk past your bed to get to their sofas.)

Obviously, folks have sailed with 5 people in the FVs, so I hope they will weigh in and let you know if they've done it with other than little kids. And for the people who advise that some of you just go shower at the spa or gym, can you really imagine doing that? It's at the complete opposite end of the ship, apart from the other inconveniences that would pose.

Also, as you can see in my photo above, the two rooms are only separated by a translucent slider (not an actual door), which could pose privacy issues for some folks.

Only you can decide how all the pros and cons balance out here for you.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

We sailed in 7199 on the Millie last summer. There were 4 of us in the room, DH and I, my mother, and my DD (10). The balcony is seriously unbeatable (except by the royal suite below) - and I know this, as we were stuck in Ketchikan and I was able to critique the aft cabins of ship, after ship, after ship... :) We definitely had the best balcony.

The second bedroom has two sofas, one where the cushions flip over to create the bed area and the other that folds out in a traditional manner. My mother actually chose to sleep on the flip one and said it was pretty comfortable. I really liked that we could close the divider at night and that both "rooms" had their own TV.

The private hallway was a great place to store the luggage. Having only one bathroom did get a bit tricky on occassion, but it was still doable.

I do recall being able to regularly hear the people in the cabin next to us - not enough to understand their words, but you knew when they were talking. They had very young children and when one of them woke in the middle of the night, you heard it. You'll be sailing with your family next door, so I don't think that will be a problem. ...and even despite that issue, we would take that cabin again in a heartbeat!

Have a great time and enjoy those rooms!

I'm still weighing my options.

We are on the Southern Caribbean route, so only 1 sea day and we plan on doing something on each day on all of the other islands.

I'm thinking, after touring/swimming all day, we'll want to come back, take showers and get ready for dinner. We probably will hardly use the extra large balcony during the day.

I think I'll stick with the connecting 2C's, unless the price goes down. I'm already paying less for 2 connecting balconies on deck 7 right near the elevator versus 1 FV cabin all the way aft.

Thanks.

I'm already paying less for 2 connecting balconies on deck 7 right near the elevator versus 1 FV cabin all the way aft.

Thanks.

There are many reasons why you might want to stick to your original plan of connecting cabins, but the aft location of the FV should not be one of them, imho. The M-class ships (unlike the S-class ships) have three sets of elevators (not two), and the FVs are not all that far from the aft set of elevators. It's not like the major hike from the aft on the S-class ships to the nearest elevators, which are pretty much at mid-ship.

Thanks again everyone - those photos are fabulous! Can anyone tell me if the partition between the balconies opens so that they can "connect"?

On an M-Class ship -- No.

On an S-Class ship -- Yes.

If you are in a connecting cabin on the M-Class, the connection is a door in the bulkhead between the two cabins.