The end of the Suite Luncheon ???

GmaPajama

We must live in two different worlds, every Neptune Suite we have booked has had price reductions and many of them months before the sailing date this also applies to the one Signature Suite we have booked. BTW every booking is a new booking when made. We generally book a year in advance.

I wish you better luck in your future bookings, maybe it is a HAL conspiracy that you are not getting any price reductions or possibly you are living in the fourth dimension?

Well, I guess I live in the fourth dimension too:confused: I've only gotten a $100 deduction on the P'dam cruise and had a BB on the Maasdam until I saw a reduced price. Turned out it was a HAL error but my TA was very good and held them to it. So, it was a reduced price - but other than that, I've never noticed a price drop other than one special for a SC guarantee on a larger ship.

Now, we typically are doing smaller ships so that may make a difference?

We must live in two different worlds, every Neptune Suite we have booked has had price reductions and many of them months before the sailing date this also applies to the one Signature Suite we have booked. BTW every booking is a new booking when made. We generally book a year in advance.

I wish you better luck in your future bookings, maybe it is a HAL conspiracy that you are not getting any price reductions or possibly you are living in the fourth dimension?

We have done 80+ cruises in Neptune (formerly Deluxe Verandah) Suites so we do have a bit of experience. We've been in those suites since Statendam's Inaugural season. :eek: We also book most of our cruises about a year in advance.

You cannot have a booking and cancel it because you found a price drop and call it a new booking if you are past final payment. Many offers say in very clear language, "New Bookings Only".

There are a number of occassions when HAL will honor a price reduction if found prior to final payment. We have just about never found price reductions until after final payment.

Edited by sail7seas

I can't quote for some reason. But, I know the Westerdam is one ship with the limited or no buffet in the Neptune. Could someone please tell me the other ship?

The Neptune did not have the sideboard last week. We were told new cabinets were being built to satisfy the US Heath department.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It is possible that we missed it since there was so much literature delivered to our room daily, but I am pretty certain that there was no “suite luncheon” on our 7 day Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in January.

Quite sure HAL states that the Suite Luncheon is served on cruises over 7 days :D

The Neptune did not have the sideboard last week. We were told new cabinets were being built to satisfy the US Heath department.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hmmm..... the old cabinets were good enough to put food on a couple of weeks ago when the CEO of Carnival was on.......

The final payment for our upcoming Alaska cruise is Feb 14th. The prices for the Neptune suites dropped $200 about a month ago, but now are back to regular price. It will be interesting to see what happens after final payment.

On our 30 day Statendam cruise they had the suite luncheon plus lots of other parties for 4 and 5 star passengers. I will have to say they really treated us well on that cruise, kind of spoiled us.

Out of some 40 cruises on Hal, we have only seen one price reduction on a suite until our next cruise. We have gotten a total of 1,500 dollar reduction on that suite. Trust me we were very surprised to see it cause it never happens.

It is possible that we missed it since there was so much literature delivered to our room daily, but I am pretty certain that there was no “suite luncheon” on our 7 day Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in January.

There were no Suite Lunches on our 2 seven day cruises on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I can't ever remember having a Suite lunch on a 7 day cruise.

It used to be for cruises of 10 days or longer.

We have booked PS and SA cabins for years and years.

Only once did we get a price reduction on an SA and that was years ago.

We laughed last summer. We had booked the PS for the Amsterdam in Alaska in 2014. About 3 weeks after we booked it, out came the Explore4 program. Our TA called and asked if we qualified. NOPE -- would have to pay an extra $1600 to get that deal. No way did we pay the higher price.

Hmmm..... the old cabinets were good enough to put food on a couple of weeks ago when the CEO of Carnival was on.......

HAL didn't want the CEO to be disappointed on the Westerdam.

SO -- building new cabinets?? This started on the Westerdam the first part of Mrach 2013. It is now almost the middle of February 2014. Nearly one year since the food was removed from the sideboard.

It certainly doesn't take a year to build cabinets for that small area. And it doesn't take a year to build to a sneeze guard -- as originally told to us.

Most price reductions for Neptune Suites do not drop until after final payment........ and most are for new bookings only. ;)

Maybe it was because it was a 15-day TA cruise last November, but the price dropped twice, pre-final payment; and once after final payment.

Donna - there was a suite luncheon on that cruise, also. But it was close to the end of the cruise.

Our Neptune Suite (SA) on the Zuiderdam (cruise in 2 weeks) has had 3 price reductions that each lasted one day, then went back up the next day. The price reduction was $7.00 per person each time. Yes, $7.00.

What I don't understand (or don't want to believe) is that the only SA's sold for our cruise were those port side in the Neptune Lounge hall ... 7048 to 7064. Everything else was wide open except for one or two cabins sold on the starboard side. About 3 weeks ago all Neptune Suites (SA's) disappeared overnight. Gone. Not available according to my PCC. I think we all know that those cabins disappeared because they were upsold to guests from SS/SY categories. I plan to run the other way if I hear anyone talking about upsells. I don't want to know.

Quite sure HAL states that the Suite Luncheon is served on cruises over 7 days :D

LOL - thanks for clarifying; as it turned out, I didn't have the time to go through all the details on the HAL website - and it's doubtful we would have attended anyway.

We did a collector's cruise, Dec. 6-23, on Noordam last December 2013. For the 10 day portion there was no suite luncheon. There were the other suite amenities, such as the welcome party, but no farewell lunch.

There was also no toaster in the Noordam's Neptune Lounge. I was told that special arrangements were being arranged to retrofit so a toaster would be in place at some point early this year, in a way that would pass muster with the US Health Inspectors.

I am curious if other Noordam cruisers have since seen the return of the toaster in the Neptune Lounge, or the status of this on other ships. This may be worthy of a fresh thread, and if anyone else wants to explore that, please do (regrettably I do not have the time).

LOL - thanks for clarifying; as it turned out, I didn't have the time to go through all the details on the HAL website - and it's doubtful we would have attended anyway.

:D We have a perfect record of non-attendance. In over 80+ cruises in "SA", "S" or "PH" (now Pinnacle Suite), we have never gone to Suite lunch. We go to all the cocktails parties to which we are invited but not ever to Suite Lunch. Looks like it's too late now!! We likely have missed our chance as Suite Lunch is on the chopping block,,,,,, perhaps?

:D We have a perfect record of non-attendance. In over 80+ cruises in "SA", "S" or "PH" (now Pinnacle Suite), we have never gone to Suite lunch. We go to all the cocktails parties to which we are invited but not ever to Suite Lunch. Looks like it's too late now!! We likely have missed our chance as Suite Lunch is on the chopping block,,,,,, perhaps?

You missed all that Caviar, Sail? It was an event we made it a point to attend.

Edited by Typhoon1

Lets see- Mariner Lunch or Cocktail party? hmmm.... yup- Cocktails win every time! Would rather have lunch in the Pinnacle anyhow :)

You missed all that Caviar, Sail? It was an event we made it a point to attend.

;) We managed to have Caviar delivered to us as 'gifts' from time to time. :) DH and I both enjoy caviar.

The presentation when Room Service delivers it is fabulous!!!

Edited by sail7seas

Lets see- Mariner Lunch or Cocktail party? hmmm.... yup- Cocktails win every time! Would rather have lunch in the Pinnacle anyhow :)

They always served us cocktails at the Suite Lunch. Usually by that point in the cruise, the bar staff knew us. (Not because we drink a lot, but because we are a warm, welcoming, and friendly people.) ;)

In 2010 we found the Suite Lunch on the Zuiderdam to be a memorable event. Held in the PG, I'm sure it featured Indonesian food that was very delish. Female staff were dressed in their native dresses. I can only hope there will another one this time on the Z. I do not recall one on the Westerdam Collector's Cruise last year.

Edited by Linda&Vern

We were in our first Neptune suite on the Zuiderdam Sept 2013 10 day collector's cruise and did go to a suite luncheon in the PG. Actually it was our best meal of the cruise and included wine poured throughout the lunch. The lunch was an Indonesian menu. I think it was better than a dinner we had in the PG...especially the service. We also were invited to a cocktail party. I never did get a corsage for formal night.