keeping it club casual all cruise?

I'd be happy to tell you where it says DRESS CODE. Within RCCL's FAQ, under the heading of - believe or not - "Dress Codes." Nobody is arguing that its mandatory vs. suggested, but don't blast me for calling it a dress code when RCCL calls it a dress code.

What are the dress codes onboard?

With more and more passengers leaning toward the casual side (finally!), this whole "dress code" topic will soon be moot anyway. Let it go.

I think it was more like asked. Does that make it anymore believable for you?

Not that I care of course. LOL! ;)

For us last summer, it was somewhere between asking and telling. It was something like "For those of you who do not wish to dress formally, there is X, Y, and Z available." I guess that's more telling than asking. :rolleyes:

With more and more passengers leaning toward the casual side (finally!), this whole "dress code" topic will soon be moot anyway. Let it go.

If what you say is true, With more and more going casual, there remains one question. Is the Windjammer large enough to cope with the increased demand of casual diners?

If what you say is true, With more and more going casual, there remains one question. Is the Windjammer large enough to cope with the increased demand of casual diners?

Not necessary, they'll be in the MDR or didn't you figure that out??:rolleyes:

I don't know how effective the announcements will be but we went to the Windjammer twice and there was plenty of open tables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, but the MDR does not do a buffet service:D

Or has the MDR now being dummed down even further on formal nights?

The reply was to post number 54 regarding casual diners in the MDR, where casual is seems to becoming the norm ;)

Edited by janetz

I would say it's your vacation, it should be as such.

I like to dress up so I do so but i also like to see other's ideas of cool looking or fun looking tuxedos. We usually try to book a speciality restaurant on Formal nights, such as when we took carnival, the supper club or RCI' Chops or other restaurant.

I don't get to dress my best normally, I am a programmer by trade so when the occasion presents itself I dive right in.

But it's your vacation and if you are not enjoying it, you will need a vacation from your vacation and that can get expensive :D

Yes it will work just fine. No issues at day or evening for any venue. Club casual is quite nice you won't feel out of place, you can opt to eat [B]anywhere[/b]

This is totally true! DH no longer takes his tux on RCCL cruises.

He does wear a navy sports coat with a white golf shirt.

This is fine for the MDR on formal nights and anyplace else as well.

Have fun and enjoy. Like it or not ... dress is no longer the way it use to be. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

• 1 month later...
Agree with you and I feel bad you got called out on something you didn't do. :( Everyone who reads these boards knows that dress code/suggestion threads are hotly debated and contested. Yes, some arguments do occur sometimes but not in this case (up to the point where you initially posted, anyway).

~

OP accessorizer, we are not taking formal wear this upcoming cruise and it will be the second time we have chosen not to do so. It feels great not to worry about all of that, plus not to mention we are flying and DH's suit, my dress, and our dress shoes mean an extra garment bag and baggage fees.

Enjoy your cruise.

Fresh new Polo and khakis for hubby at night it is! I wear black most of the time so a dress or black ensemble is easy for me.never anything less casual outside the gym! I chuckled at some of the responses about attire:) Now I just need suggestions as to where to dine, when to book and what shows deserve" must see" status. Any thoughts? Sounds like a heck of a ship..BTW in early 60's but healthy, enjoy quality dining and quality entertainment...

It is your vacation, enjoy it....pack what you want....you will see everything.

I have never seen someone scolded or prohibited from entering the MDR.

I have been on one cruise and one cruise only on the Radiance out of Sydney last February.

I guess I have seen something you never have! One port day morning in the MDR, as we were leaving after breakfast, a guy tried to get in to sit with his friends as they finished breakfast, before going ashore, and he was refused entrance.

He was wearing what we in Australia call a "wife beater"........ie a singlet with wide straps.

The funny thing about it was that when I looked around at the women in the room (myself included) a lot were also wearing singlet tops.... including me!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app