Bon Voyage Uncle Les

I do not know if I missed something, but I was not impressed with Lima. It just seemed like a big sprawling city with not much to offer but traffic jams.

When we toured Lima from the ship , we had a Ships Hostess on board the bus , plus the Local Guide, the Driver , and a Guard who rode up front WITH a loaded rifle.:eek:

Our guide made sure we all stayed together when walked around the square.

All the "shopping" was done at a special cruise ship craft market on the wharf.

, which was huge , and full of very tempting crafts and artifacts at very reasonable prices.

When we toured Lima from the ship , we had a Ships Hostess on board the bus , plus the Local Guide, the Driver , and a Guard who rode up front WITH a loaded rifle.:eek:

Our guide made sure we all stayed together when walked around the square.

All the "shopping" was done at a special cruise ship craft market on the wharf.

, which was huge , and full of very tempting crafts and artifacts at very reasonable prices.

I didn't feel that unsafe, (nearly twice the size of most peruvians) but then we only went around the mireflores area by foot.

Yes in Lima for 2 days, nothing has changed since last visit in 2007, 10 million inhabitants, grid locked city with traffic, 4.5 hour city tour yesterday, 3 hours of it stuck in traffic. Berthed at the container port but free shuttles out. 3 sea days from tomorrow.

Some dodgy areas in Lima, but generally ok.

Yes as David said, San Martin is in the middle of the desert alright, just did the shuttle to Paracas.

Burning a few free internet minutes as usual. Love the complimentary Elite laundry too, more vino !!!

Edited by NSWP

Burning a few free internet minutes as usual.

Love the complimentary Elite laundry too, more vino !!!

G'day Les

Get stuck in mate!

Moises Henriques has just scored a century for NSW in the Shield Final, Lyon is holding up his end with 10 to get him there close to tea. 8 - 393 Day two.

Cheers.

:cool:

G'day Les

Get stuck in mate!

Moises Henriques has just scored a century for NSW in the Shield Final, Lyon is holding up his end with 10 to get him there close to tea. 8 - 393 Day two.

Cheers.

The final is being played here in Canberra at Manuka Oval due to the Baseball at the SCG. Free admission and glorious weather, perfect for cricket watchers.:D

The final is being played here in Canberra at Manuka Oval due to the Baseball at the SCG.

Free admission and glorious weather, perfect for cricket watchers.:D

G'day Mic

Welcome back mate.

Are you going to the shield tomorrow?

Can't wait to watch the baseball tonight, SCG looks amazing.

So much money in the old ballgame. lol...

Cheers.

Hi there, still at sea, slight seas and light winds, 25C, perfect. A lot of sickness on board, half the ship seems to have the flu or something, including staff. As this is the second sector of BA to LA, repeat shows.

Still no sighting of Karateman/Sutho !!!

Edited by NSWP

Hi there, still at sea, slight seas and light winds, 25C, perfect. A lot of sickness on board, half the ship seems to have the flu or something, including staff. As this is the second sector of BA to LA, repeat shows.

Still no sighting of Karateman/Sutho !!!

I hope it is not Noro :eek:

Keep your hygiene practices up and avoid crowds, and I hope you can stay illness free.

Glad your cruise is having great weather and seas for now, hope it continues.

You may not have seen him as he may be ill.

cheers mic:D

Yes, WA at 4/15 overnight and and a long way behind to force a win.:D

WA all out for 180 and NSW 3/59, today's play washed out. One day left and a lead of 326, I would assume NSW have the shield in both hands.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes Puntarenas, Costa Rica today. 30C and 99% humidity. On the bridgecam pic the pier has a little train running up and dowm but only a 10 min wakk. Did a 8 hour shorex up to the Coffee plantations in the mountains and the Botanical Gardens. OK but travelled in a Toyota Coaster bus, not great for long distance touring. A struggle to get buses in this part of the world. Tomorrow we get to San Juan in Nicauragua and going to Granada, then 3 sea days to Cabo San Lucas.

Great to see David keeping up his good work re bridge cams. I am fairly sure after all the comments on CC from him, Karateman/Sutho is NOT on board. Many CC'ers on here have seen his pic on CC and not seen him on this ship.

We get to San Pedro, LA on Tuesday then we depart on Air NZ to London Heathrow for more adventures on Arcadia in the Med plus 3 weeks touring by car in the Wales, west of England and east of England.

By for now.

Uncle Les

Edited by NSWP

Yes Puntarenas, Costa Rica today. 30C and 99% humidity. On the bridgecam pic the pier has a little train running up and dowm but only a 10 min wakk. Did a 8 hour shorex up to the Coffee plantations in the mountains and the Botanical Gardens. OK but travelled in a Toyota Coaster bus, not great for long distance touring. A struggle to get buses in this part of the world. Tomorrow we get to San Juan in Nicauragua and going to Granada, then 3 sea days to Cabo San Lucas.

Great to see David keeping up his good work re bridge cams. I am fairly sure after all the comments on CC from him, Karateman/Sutho is NOT on board. Many CC'ers on here have seen his pic on CC and not seen him on this ship.

We get to San Pedro, LA on Tuesday then we depart on Air NZ to London Heathrow for more adventures on Arcadia in the Med plus 3 weeks touring by car in the Wales, west of England and east of England.

By for now.

Uncle Les

Thanks for the update, I hope you enjoy the remainder of your trip and it all goes well without any issues. cheers mic:D

Well all calm on the seas and hot weather as another sea day heading to Cabo. However not all good on the Golden Princess, ship is at Code Red re the virus that is impacting on pax and crew, many have it. We are trying to stay out of public areas on the ship to avoid the virus. Everywhere you go people are coughing their lungs up, not good at all.

Edited by NSWP

Well all calm on the seas and hot weather as another sea day heading to Cabo. However not all good on the Golden Princess, ship is at Code Red re the virus that is impacting on pax and crew, many have it. We are trying to stay out of public areas on the ship to avoid the virus. Everywhere you go people are coughing their lungs up, not good at all.

I hope you keep well, as you have your Mediterranean cruise to look forward to.

Not good at all, keep a low profile and keep those hands washed and sanitised whenever you are out in the public areas, avoid touching anything or anybody. Hope you can stay germ free and have a great day in Cabo.:D