tables for 2 in dining room?

Ilovepj

HI,

I was just wondering do they have 2 top tables in the main dining room? I am talking about Ruby Princess.

Don't get me wrong, but I would prefer to eat alone with my husband. This is our short cruise for our 25th anniversary, and I wanted it to be just us.

Thanks

We asked for a two top each time we went to the dining room last week onboard the Ruby and what we got was a line of two top tables about 18 inches apart with one seated on a long continuous cushion while the other sat in a chair. No privacy at all.

Happily we spent most of our evening meals at the Crown Grill where there was plenty of privacy.

Mike:)

We asked for a two top each time we went to the dining room last week onboard the Ruby and what we got was a line of two top tables about 18 inches apart with one seated on a long continuous cushion while the other sat in a chair. No privacy at all.

Happily we spent most of our evening meals at the Crown Grill where there was plenty of privacy.

Thanks, we do plan on doing our anniversary dinner in the crown grill. Thanks again for the information.

It was like that on RC freedom of the seas 2 tops very close together, so I know just what your talking about, but I would take that, better then a 6 or 8 top.

Helen

When we booked we chose traditional late dining and requested a table for 2 at the time of booking. Got a great aft window table for 2 in the Botticelli dining room. FYI - we thought on this ship that Sabatini's would be a better place to celebrate a special occasion. Very pretty setting.

Edited by DebJ14

That was our experience too on the Crown. We only ate in the MDR twice and preferred the quiet environment of the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. The maitre d actually rolled his eyes when we and several other couples in line asked for 2 top tables. As we were being seated, we heard him say to a couple behind us 'let me guess, you want a table for 2?'

HI,

I was just wondering do they have 2 top tables in the main dining room? I am talking about Ruby Princess.

Don't get me wrong, but I would prefer to eat alone with my husband. This is our short cruise for our 25th anniversary, and I wanted it to be just us.

Thanks

There are a couple of tables for two in the Michelangelo Dining Room that are along the side wall at the back on the left side of the room just past the exit doors.

We were onboard recently and it seemed that around 6:15-6:30 pm one set was often empty :-)

Maybe you can speak with the maitre'd about the possibility of reserving there since it's a special occasion vacation :D

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise!

Dawna

Cheers

Dawna

There are a couple of tables for two in the Michelangelo Dining Room that are along the side wall at the back on the left side of the room just past the exit doors.

We were onboard recently and it seemed that around 6:15-6:30 pm one set was often empty :-)

Maybe you can speak with the maitre'd about the possibility of reserving there since it's a special occasion vacation :D

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers

Dawna

We did that for my wife's birthday on Crown Princess and reserved and were seated at an isolated 2 person table (and we were serenaded by the wait staff). In our experience Princess tries to accommodate special occasions whereas they might not for another night.

My husband and I have requested a table for 2 every time we've cruised with Princess. We always have anytime dining and have never had a problem. We have been seated at the tables with the bench seat, but I'm sure they would honor your request for a table.

It helps to go at a time when the dining room is not particularly crowded and get to know the maitre'd. Last fall, on a 28-day Tahiti cruise on the Sapphire, the maitre'd quickly learned we liked to eat alone and seemed to delight in finding us a good table for two - generally not the bench seats. On an earlier cruise a dining room greeter always seemed sad for us that we preferred dining alone. In addition to preferring our own company, my husband has hearing problems and a larger table doesn't work for him.

We have always been able to get a table of any size if we made reservations, or contacted the headwaiter in advance.

On the Crown Princess in January we had a very opposite experience. No matter what we asked - it could not be done.

Luigi, the headwaiter in the Michelangelo dining room, was unwilling to help in any matter.

We hope to have the good service that Princess is known for in the future.

Mary

Just off of a four-night on the Ruby. We had no problem securing our 2-top in the Michelangelo. Francesco is the Head Waiter - be prepared for a somewhat chaotic opening night, but it does settle down nicely from there.

Like other posters, and your stated plans, we also ate one night (the second) at the Crown.

The first night, after a 30 minute wait (the longest ever on Princess), we were seated at - I believe it was - 281, or 821 (I know, sorry!) a 2 top at the left rear of the restaurant. The service from Joel (a Filipino gentleman), and Julia (from the Ukraine) was stellar - among the best ever. I asked Francesco to hold this table for us for the 3rd and 4th night at 7:30pm and was accommodated cheerfully. Highly recommend! Joel is a very professional - a true gentleman, while Julia is a delightfully cheerful, bubbly gem of person. Julia is a Marketing professional with a University degree who is learning as she sails throughout the world. Joel is a warm engaging chap - both at the top of their game. They made us feel like long-time regulars in your favorite neighborhood restaurant.

Be nice, be polite, and be appreciative and you will get whatever table you want!

...and the food was delicious. I recommend the duck dish!

We have always been able to get a table of any size if we made reservations, or contacted the headwaiter in advance.

On the Crown Princess in January we had a very opposite experience. No matter what we asked - it could not be done.

Luigi, the headwaiter in the Michelangelo dining room, was unwilling to help in any matter.

We hope to have the good service that Princess is known for in the future.

Mary

We will be on the Crown in September. We have 1st traditional dining & we always request a table for 2 on our reservation. Does that mean we will have a problem getting it, because of headwaiter Luigi.??:eek: Hope not.

We will be on the Crown in September. We have 1st traditional dining & we always request a table for 2 on our reservation. Does that mean we will have a problem getting it?

There a limited number of 2-tops. If too many people want them, some will be disappointed.

If there is space available, sometimes two people will be assigned to a 4-top by themselves.