Is Junior Suite worth additional $$

Really the only benefit would be the additional space and double cruise points. I think it is a shame that JS are classed as suites if they receive none of the benefits that GS and up receive.

I suppose it depends on the additional $ and how much you would make use of your room and the additional space.

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

What are the advantages and benefits of a junior suite? Is the additional dollars you would pay over a superior balcony worth the benefits? We are planning a B2B2B month plus and wonder if the additional space would be worth the extra dollars.

Thank you for your advice

PAH

The biggest benefit is the double C&A points you will earn in your JS cabin.

Not knowing what ship you are booking, JS cabins on Radiance class and above have the large walk-in closet. On Vision class, the JS cabins are not as large and they do not have the walk-in closet. The bathroom is larger with a tub/shower combination.

Make sure that you book early enough so that you can get the same cabin for all cruises.

We love a JS. You also get priority boarding, double points, a bathtub, a lounger on the balcony and (our favorite feature) a walk-in closet on most ships.

This depends on the ship and cabin location. Not all JS cabins will have a lounger on the balcony.

Edited by cruisenfever

Check to see but I believe the JS has a bathtub rather than the shower that balconies do. We enjoyed the extra room the JS gave us as we spend a good bit of our time in the room or on the balcony.

The double points are nice too. :)

Depending on the ship ... you don't want a JS under the solarium. There are work carts rumbling over the tile floors above you all night long.

JS benefits:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

JS benefits:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

The coffeemakers are hit or miss these days. We didn't have them on Briliance or Jewel - on BR our stateroom attendant offered to hunt one down, but we declined because we make too much of a mess brewing and find it easier to bring instant and just boil some water. On Jewel one SA told us that JS aren't entitled to them, which is simply false. I suspect that somebody just didn't want them in the cabins because of the extra time required to clean them if they are used, and then told the SA's to tell everybody that.

We generally book a JS because we spend a good amount of time in our cabin and it's nice to have the extra space. Once in awhile the price difference is sufficient for us to book a balcony, but for anything over 5 nights, this princess wants her space.:)

We absolutely hate, hate, hate the bathtub that comes in the JS. The are very tall side and IMO not very wide and has an overly long shower curtain, making it horrible. I know others don't care for it either.

And if you have a rocky day/night while showering it throws you completely off kilter. I was so glad my daughter had an inside cabin across from me, so I was able to take a shower in her cabin.

The double points are great, we've had the walk in closets and extra room is nice on some ships. Last ship Legend, the JS was nothing more than a D cabin, maybe even an E just with a big balcony.

Have couples considered the advantages of booking two connecting balconies rather than get a JS? Looking arbitrarily at the Allure sailing 10 Apr 2015 (okay it's my birthday week) and considering the D+ discount that we are eligible for, two ocean (not Central Park or Boardwalk) balcony cabins for one person each cost a total of $28 more than the JS. For that $28 you get 27% more cabin, 36% more balcony, two bathrooms, two separate rooms and you each get double C&A points. I admit that you get no bathtub. Other than the hassle of making sure that you can get connecting cabins, am I missing something?

Thom

Have couples considered the advantages of booking two connecting balconies rather than get a JS? Looking arbitrarily at the Allure sailing 10 Apr 2015 (okay it's my birthday week) and considering the D+ discount that we are eligible for, two ocean (not Central Park or Boardwalk) balcony cabins for one person each cost a total of $28 more than the JS. For that $28 you get 27% more cabin, 36% more balcony, two bathrooms, two separate rooms and you each get double C&A points. I admit that you get no bathtub. Other than the hassle of making sure that you can get connecting cabins, am I missing something?

Thom

Silver Seapass cards!!!;)

Thom

Ummm. Because you both get double points for booking a JS, anyway? We don't need 2 beds or 2 TVs or 2 showers for that matter.

I guess it might make sense for some people, but a JS works just as well for the two of us, without having things split up between 2 cabins.

Now, I believe if 2 singles booked 2 connecting junior suites....you would each earn TRIPLE points. That would probably be a score, but out of our price range. :D:):D

The biggest benefit is the double C&A points you will earn in your JS cabin.

Not knowing what ship you are booking, JS cabins on Radiance class and above have the large walk-in closet. On Vision class, the JS cabins are not as large and they do not have the walk-in closet. The bathroom is larger with a tub/shower combination.

Make sure that you book early enough so that you can get the same cabin for all cruises.

This depends on the ship and cabin location. Not all JS cabins will have a lounger on the balcony.

I agree about which ship and JS size. On the vision class, we had a connecting and the bathroom was tiny.....not sure how they got that tub in there. We didn't see much difference in size even with a regular JS from a balcony. We had a JS on our last 3 three cruises and now plan to book just a balcony. Don't really care about the extra points and the extra $ don't justify the size. Yes, be careful of the deck plan.....those rolling carts can be noisy.....

...a JS works just as well for the two of us, without having things split up between 2 cabins...
Fair enough. May I assume that when you book a JS you specify "Do Not Upgrade"? GS and above have separate sleeping areas, so those suites force you to split up your activities.

Thom

We've booked 2 OVS the last 3 cruises but haven't gotten double the points. Wondering about this???? I thought double points were only for JS and above

Jr. Suite is the smallest cabin that I have sailed in. the double cruise points enabled us to become diamond level in five years of cruising. We like the concierge services of a Grand suite or above but since becoming diamond it is less important. I say book the Jr suite and enjoy it.