Clothes question

Ucm2000

Depends on the weather. We always go a day early and stay overnight. So sometimes that involves a change.

I like yoga pants, easy cotton slacks, capris on embarkation day and that's what I wear on the plane typically too. Once again, depends on the weather.

I've noticed we don't dress as casually overall on the ship at any time as some people do, but we aren't as dressy as some are on formal nights - and I guess that doesn't answer your question. I try to wear things that blend in, that don't scream "tourist" and that don't advertise my team, my beer, my vacation spots, my favorite phrase - you know? But you will see that kind of thing all the time, it's just not what I choose. Yoga pants are perfect!

You will see anything and everything (pretty much) on the day you get to port and many have just come off a plane and might not see their luggage until after dinner (why we always pack a few things in carry on because I don't want to wear my travel clothes to dinner). Really no one is going to be looking at what you wear, because we're all so excited to finally be on board the ship!!

But do note..... you do NOT have to pose for those photos they always try to get you to stop and take. We took ONE of them ONCE on our first cruise and we just politely decline now. In January one of the guys (we were in Barbados) was dressed as a pirate and had a little wheel prop (can we say cheezy) and was really pulling people over to take a photo and I had to say no twice. I know they have a quota to get and to try and sell later but they're going to have to get it from someone else. If we want photos we ask someone to snap a shot where and when we want. Actually I'm always amused at what little scenario with props they're going to come up with to get adults to pose with when we get to each new location.

Last month yoga pants is what I wore for our flight down to Ft. Lauderdale. Really comfortable. We were there overnight before the cruise so the next day I wore white jeans and a nautical design top. I don't dress up for embarkation but I always keep in mind that luggage may turn up late.

Actually I am right now trying to decide if I am going to wear the yoga pants on Thrus. for the flight to Ft Lauderdale again.

What do you normally wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shorts/T-Shirt (usually matching ones designed by one of our travel friends)...and a HUGE, Goofy, Excited SMILE !!:D:D:D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

I was thinking about wearing yoga pants on plane and to board ship. What do you normally wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on location..if it's warm say like Florida, we'll be casual. If it's cold as in NYC we'll dress more formally. We tend to dress casual during the day but quite formal at night, even on non formal nights.

I guess we are one of the few that still dress for flying, although comfortably. :) We also like to look nice when checking into a hotel.

If I wore Yoga pants on the plane or anywhere, I would be thrown off/out. :D I think my sister-in-law will probably wear something like that on our trip. She is a personal trainer. She can wrap herself up in a little ball in those airplane seats. :cool:

Brooke, I'd freeze in a tank top. :eek: However, my feet always get hot, so I wear sandals on the plane. Neither flip flops or sandals are good to wear if we have to get off the plane fast. :rolleyes:

Speaking of shoes and over seas. Did y'all see this? It's not going to be fun coming back from Israel next month or Amsterdam in May.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/homeland-security-alerts-airlines-possible-shoe-bomb-threat-n33946

For embarkation, I wear Capris if the weather is warm. Colored tee or tank top and lite weight shirt, along with sandals. Long pants and shirt for cooler weather.

Oooops! For some reason, I thought I was on our Roll Call thread.:o

Edited by Iamthesea

As already mentioned, it depends on where you are boarding the ship and of course the temperature that is predicted that day..Once determined, it's wear what you want...It's your vacation...But keep in mind that you may not get your luggage before dinner..Shorts and tee shirts are often seen in the main dining room on this day..This is only allowed on day 1...Some folks bring their bathing suits for a warm day in a carry on, as well as those who will carry a sweater or sweatshirt for a chilly day. It's really up to you...Enjoy your trip...Beware of the cruise ship fashion police..They are on every ship..