Just return from the Legend of the seas

esper10

Trying to find seats by any pool can be tough. Since this was a long trip you may have contacted the staff on day 1 or 2 to get a update on the pool rules. No one want to have their cruise ruined by a argument by the pool.

If you or anyone have pictures please share them, especially full suites. I am soooo very torn about this ship. We've had unfavorable experiences on older ships (not RCL), which left a bitter taste. We've taken many cruises on newer RCL ships and have never been disappointed.

My husband and I both think the average age of passengers was younger than 70-80. We would say 60-70. There were 20 kids on this cruise. There were many people in their 40's & 50's. We were on the 1/24 cruise and those passengers seemed a little older...and less than 10 kids.

Was a great cruise. And I also saw people up by 7:00 putting their stuff on chairs in the Solarium. I told my hubby after they left...I should have taken the towels off the chairs. I saw this a couple mornings while we walked on deck 10. When I got my chair by the pool at 8:00...I was in it almost all day...until around 4:00.

Our Head Waiter told us the average age was 70 - 80 and they had adjusted the menus and dining times because of the average age.

Edited by lakelorain

I was also on this cruise and I think the average age was more like 60 - 70. We are 50's and majority older than us but not by that much and a surprising number that were younger. Maybe it felt younger because the older passengers weren't chair hogging or out and about after dinner:D. There were only certain times that you really noticed large numbers of an older demographic. Most of the much older didn't act or look their age if they were, in fact, that much older

I was the chairhog observer referred to by Stretchcruz. The chair hogs were observed by 6:00 and easily had 1/4 of the chairs reserved in the Solarium by 7 or so, even on port days. Very inconsiderate! However, if I wanted a chair in there I would have had no problem moving anyones towel and chair saving token when I knew they had not occuppied the chair for over 30 minutes. No consideration should be given to a chair hog when there is such limited availability.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk

The pool rules were clearly stated on a sign by the pool regarding the 30 minute limit.

We spoke to the head of housekeeping no less than 3 times about this issue. He told us that he had spoken to the folks at the pool and it was being taken care of. It wasn't. He even followed up with us in our stateroom about it, and we told him that no, it was not solved, that towels were not being removed.

I am not going to get into a fight at the pool. A few times I asked folks if the chair next to them had been vacant for a long time and they were very hesitant to say if it had or had not been. So I started timing it, and after an hour if there were only towels I would take the towels and sit there. However, many folks left a book or two, and knew they were breaking the rules and didn't care, as they felt rules either didn't apply to them or they didn't care.

Just return from a great 11 nights cruise with the Legend of the seas.This was one of our best cruises and we have done over 15 of them. The internment was outstanding. We were never board. The crew were very nice and friendly. The cruise director did a great job. His staff did so many different things to keep different people entertain.Ports were very nice. Each one of them was beautiful in their own way. We took 4 different excursions from the ship I know we paid a lot but I like the idea of not having to worry of being late. We eat both at the dining room and the Windjammer. The crew at the Windjammer were very helpful. I have a disability and they got out of their way to help me without asking. Would love to go back to the Legend any day.

good to know. we are booked on her this December.

Thanks for letting me know

Had a Ocean View on Deck 3, we had a love seat and small round table, no fridge. Lots of storage. My DW and I loved the ship, booked for another 21 days in Jan/Feb 2015

• 1 month later...

I am glad you enjoyed your cruise. We have booked this cruise for next February and I am looking at excursions now. I know the ship leaves Aruba at 8 p.m. but do you remember what time you had to be back on board? I have heard some ships require you back 30 minutes, some 15 minutes and some 1 hour. Thanks,

I am glad you enjoyed your cruise. We have booked this cruise for next February and I am looking at excursions now. I know the ship leaves Aruba at 8 p.m. but do you remember what time you had to be back on board? I have heard some ships require you back 30 minutes, some 15 minutes and some 1 hour. Thanks,

When we were on Legend, all aboard was 30 minutes before scheduled departure.

I don't usually take ship's shore excursions but I never take a private one without at least a 90 minute window until ON BOARD. Checking references help but the private van could have a flat tire or something and YES the ship will leave without you. We nearly always book early tours. If the ship gets in late the guide will wait for you. It doesn't work that way at the other end.

If it is a sunset tour or similar I would ONLY take an RCI tour. The ship will wait for them if they are late.

Just my opinion.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
No Freestyle machine on Legend.

No breakfast in a specialty restaurant either. However, there is a section of the MDR during breakfast and lunch that is reserved for gold card and D+.

If there are no Freestyle machines, how does a soda arrive. Can, fountain?

Thanks.

If there are no Freestyle machines, how does a soda arrive. Can, fountain?

Thanks.

Fountain, in a glass or the reusable cup that comes with the package.