Jamman's Solo FANTASY Adventure - 2/11/14 (with Pics)

Jamman54

I just finished reading your review and really enjoyed it just as much as your Splendor review. You mentioned a lot of people like the newer and larger ships w/bell & whistles, but I would love to go on a cruise someday on the Fantasy or another of the smaller ships and I love how the Lido deck is done. Our first cruise was on Festivale and I just loved her, but compared to today's ships, she was tiny, but it was a great cruise and we loved it. Thank you again for taking the time to put together another wonderful review and looking forward to your next one. Happy Sailing!

Thank you so much for your review. Your photographs were outstanding. What kind of camera /lens did you use for your pix? I have seen many pix of HMC, but yours really gave the feel of being right there with you. Loved your photos of the ships as well.

Thank you for reading. I use a Sony DSC-H10, and shoot on automatic. I am far from a professional Photographer :D

I just finished reading your review and really enjoyed it just as much as your Splendor review. You mentioned a lot of people like the newer and larger ships w/bell & whistles, but I would love to go on a cruise someday on the Fantasy or another of the smaller ships and I love how the Lido deck is done. Our first cruise was on Festivale and I just loved her, but compared to today's ships, she was tiny, but it was a great cruise and we loved it. Thank you again for taking the time to put together another wonderful review and looking forward to your next one. Happy Sailing!

Thanks for reading. Sounds like you owe it to yourself to try a Fantasy Class ship!

Nice job Jeff! As usual I might add. Seeing the model of the Celebration brought back memories. Our first cruise in 96, and when we first saw her and her 30,000+ tons we were in awe at how big she was.

Thanks Jimbo!! I had a lot of great cruises on the Holiday, Jubilee, and Celebration. Of course I'm showing my age when I add that I sailed on those ships when they were NEW!!!

I loved this review. I read it because it was written by you and I had read your Splendor review last year. I had no plans to sail the Fantasy . . . . well opportunity knocked and last night I booked her leaving on Saturday!!! I am beyond excited (still get that way after 36 cruises) and am going to re-read this entire thread so I'm ready for Saturday . . . p.s. flying out of Newark on Friday!!!

I loved this review. I read it because it was written by you and I had read your Splendor review last year. I had no plans to sail the Fantasy . . . . well opportunity knocked and last night I booked her leaving on Saturday!!! I am beyond excited (still get that way after 36 cruises) and am going to re-read this entire thread so I'm ready for Saturday . . . p.s. flying out of Newark on Friday!!!

Thanks for your kind words! Congrats on the booking. I'm sure you will have a GREAT time on the Fantasy. Say hello to Shorty for me! :D

FN002.jpg

I normally don't comment on picture threads (although I LOVE reading them), but I had to say something about this. I thought this was the cutest embarkation picture. Even without your wife and after so many cruises, you still look SO excited to be almost on that ship! :D Love it!

One question for you. How did you get from airport to hotel and then port to airport . . . regular taxi? shuttle? car service?

I took taxis. There is a taxi stand right outside the baggage claim area. The airport itself is a lot smaller than I thought it would be! The Springhill Suites where I stayed the night before the cruise, did not have shuttle service. If I remember correctly it was $20 something with tip from the airport to hotel, and from the hotel to the port, and about $35 with tip from the port to the airport.

Edited by Jamman54

I normally don't comment on picture threads (although I LOVE reading them), but I had to say something about this. I thought this was the cutest embarkation picture. Even without your wife and after so many cruises, you still look SO excited to be almost on that ship! :D Love it!

I feel like a kid at Christmas EVERY time I cruise!! For me, it will NEVER get old!! :D

I enjoyed reading your review. I normally don't come to the Carnival Cruise message board but I wanted to see if there were any reviews on the Fantasy Cruise. I was more curious about it because Charleston is about 2 hours from me. I was in Charleston yesterday & saw a sign at the port that said Welcome Carnival Fantasy so it got me to thinking! We went on the Fascination a few years ago & it wasn't a good experience. It wind up being the "Cruise from Hell". I would love to try another Carnival cruise but talking my husband into it is another story. Maybe with the Fantasy being so close would help! :)

You know it is unusual to have that kind of weather in Charleston. I live near Columbia and we got about 5 inches of sleet/ice/snow. It shut us down for about 4 days so you barely missed it in Charleston. Glad to hear you had a great time.

Jamman54, great review and pics. We have never done a Carnival cruise before and are looking forward to this one. We are in Charleston for a convention and someone had the bright idea to do the cruise afterwards. We are sailing on March 20. Hopefully it will warm up in Charleston. We are stopping in Freeport instead of HMC. Take care, Bill

Jamman,

Awesome review...thanks. One question. What is the best way to book a cabana on the Cay?

While in your booking, go to the shore excursions, it will be in there. They do sell out quickly, so if one is available, snap it up!

go ahead and rub in our faces how you, your raft and bottle of Heinken enjoyed HMC..... LOL...

were being traders this year, going on Celebrity to Bermuda, May 25th... Mike and Kelsey really want some beach time! OH well OF course I do too... must have been strange in your little room, all alone... (OH that's right you were never in it except to sleep a few hours! LOL

go ahead and rub in our faces how you, your raft and bottle of Heinken enjoyed HMC..... LOL...

were being traders this year, going on Celebrity to Bermuda, May 25th... Mike and Kelsey really want some beach time! OH well OF course I do too... must have been strange in your little room, all alone... (OH that's right you were never in it except to sleep a few hours! LOL

Hey Barb!! Thanks for dropping in!! Hope all is well with everyone. HMC was GREAT as usual, and I taught some more people the proper way to wait for the tender!! :)

Enjoy your cruise to Bermuda. We cruised to Bermuda on the Zenith many moons ago, and had an awesome time. Be sure to visit Horseshoe Bay and Elbow Beach which IMHO are the two best beaches in Bermuda. Also, a visit to the original Swizzle Inn over by St George, is a must.