Jamman's Solo FANTASY Adventure - 2/11/14 (with Pics)

Jamman54

We live close to Charleston, but have yet to sail on the Fantasy. I'm enjoying the review so far and looking forward to the rest!

Oh I'll have to go back and check out your Splendor review also since we have an aft wrap balcony booked for next December on another ship :)

I am enjoying your review very much.

I have always wanted to take a cruise out of Charleston, and love the fantasy class ships. I also cruise solo mostly these days.

Looking forward to more of your review, thanks for posting it.:)

We are backing up past the Carnival Splendor. She would soon be sailing back up to New York, and the biggest snowstorm of the year!!

FN068.JPG

It's funny to see you write that. We are friends with one of the bartenders, Ioana at the alchemy. We were on the Sunshine the same week and she had to show us a picture a friend of hers that works on the Splendor had sent her. It was one of the decks completely covered in snow.

Need my cruise review fix! :)

It may take a week or two, but I promise you I will finish!! :D Enjoy!!

Hey nice review I thought the name was familiar then I saw the avi and said ohh the splendor guy. :D loved that review I will be in the splendor Nov 1st . Thanks

Thanks for reading!!

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Hey nice review I thought the name was familiar then I saw the avi and said ohh the splendor guy. :D loved that review I will be in the splendor Nov 1st . Thanks

Hope you took notes. :D You will love the Splendor!!

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Nice review Jamman54. I too am from NJ. Actually used to work in Somerset! Enjoying your review. Keep it coming.;)

Small world. Thanks for reading!!

It's funny to see you write that. We are friends with one of the bartenders, Ioana at the alchemy. We were on the Sunshine the same week and she had to show us a picture a friend of hers that works on the Splendor had sent her. It was one of the decks completely covered in snow.

I wonder how many people didn't make it to the ship. :mad:

Looking forward to the rest of the review! Loved your last Splendor review!;)

Thanks Disfan!!

Have to say I was a bit surprised to see this cruise from you! Still hoped you would join us on the Splendor in August (again). Nice start to your review.

Hey Jimbo, just couldn't make it until summer!! :D Our summer plans have not been finalized as of yet. Would love to go back on the Splendor again.

Thats funny because I am currently reading your Splendor review!!! You give such great detail and take awesome pictures!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Hey Jimbo, just couldn't make it until summer!! :D Our summer plans have not been finalized as of yet. Would love to go back on the Splendor again.

Thank you and enjoy!!

We are in cruise withdrawal as well. Doing the Oasis next month, venturing out to try the dark side (favor to my so in law who says we owe him, he is Diamond us on Royal.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Hi Jamman,

Thanks for doing this review. I'm really enjoying it. I will be cruising on the Fantasy in 6 days now, so I'm in serious cruise mode.

Do you have copies of the Funtimes from your cruise? Would love to have a heads up as to the activities. I assume they will be similar except we don't go to HMC but rather Freeport. Would prefer HMC, but it is what it is.

thanks!

gc

Hey Jamman, thank you for taking the time to post another one of your great reviews! I can't wait to read more! :)

Thanks fellow YankeeFan!! I hope to have the next installment up later tonight or tomorrow.

More Please, I am ready for the rest of the review. Great start so far.

Coming soon!! Thanks for reading.

Hi Jamman,

Thanks for doing this review. I'm really enjoying it. I will be cruising on the Fantasy in 6 days now, so I'm in serious cruise mode.

Do you have copies of the Funtimes from your cruise? Would love to have a heads up as to the activities. I assume they will be similar except we don't go to HMC but rather Freeport. Would prefer HMC, but it is what it is.

thanks!

gc

I do have them, but have not scanned them in yet, except for the cover page. trying to get my photos uploaded do I can do the rest of the installments first. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, ask away. Thanks for reading. You will have an awesome time on the Fantasy.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review, I am loving it. Quick question, we are driving to Charleston and plan on parking at the port, what time would you recommend arriving the morning of the cruise?

If I were driving in, I would be there around 10:30.

Great review! Loving all of the pictures.

Thanks for reading. More to come!!

Loving your review! We just got back from our first time aboard the Fascination and I'm working on a review of it.

We loved it even though we were worried about it being a smaller ship than we were used to.

I noticed you had sailed on the Fascination also. I'm wondering if the 2 ships are very similar? From your photos it looks as if they are. We have never been to Charleston and I thought we might could combine a cruise and land vacation sometime later this year or the first of 2015.

Can you do some comparisons on the two?

Thanks and can't wait to read more!

Loving your review! We just got back from our first time aboard the Fascination and I'm working on a review of it.

We loved it even though we were worried about it being a smaller ship than we were used to.

I noticed you had sailed on the Fascination also. I'm wondering if the 2 ships are very similar? From your photos it looks as if they are. We have never been to Charleston and I thought we might could combine a cruise and land vacation sometime later this year or the first of 2015.

Can you do some comparisons on the two?

Thanks and can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading. I have enjoyed my cruises on the Fascination, just as much as I have enjoyed my cruises on the Fantasy. The crews on both ships were top notch. The ships are nearly identical, the main difference is that the additional mid ship and aft balconies were not installed on the Fantasy.