Breakfast Menu questions MDR and Buffet

SugarStar00

On the Royal, there is so much to choose from for breakfast at the buffet that you couldn't repeat your meal for two weeks even if you tried! Enjoy. Regarding the dining room, there is a menu that changes everyday, and there are the always available options.

Edited by kendon

Few questions...

Does the menu in the MDR and the buffet change daily for breakfast or is it the same all week? They will change some items on a daily basis in the buffet . The MDR doesn't change their menu at all.

Do they have eggs benedict? The buffet and MDR has them.

Do they have corned beef hash? Only the buffet.

Thanks!

But it sometimes varies by the who the head chef is .

As to your other question, eggs Benedict is usually one of the daily specials during the week.

As for corned beef hash, I think I saw it once as a daily special in the MDR.

I have seen the hash in the buffet for breakfast. As for the eggs, I've heard you can get them in the buffet, but they are not great....

We always have breakfast in the buffet. Most of the items are the same every day. You'll always find bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes etc. What they do mix up is how some of these are presented. Sometimes the pancakes will be plain, other mornings they'll have bananas or blueberries in them. Same with the scrambled eggs. Sometimes plain, sometimes with ham or sausage. And the egg specialty will change from eggs benedict to eggs florentine. Small changes like that. But overall, breakfast in the buffet is similar every day. But the selection is huge, and if you try something different every day, you won't repeat anything.

The dining room breakfast menu doesn't really change but then Princess is very flexible when it comes to changing or exchanging menu items or ordering something "off menu." If you want eggs Benedict, just make the request the night before. Tell your waitstaff you want to order something for breakfast and he or she will bring over the Table Captain. Same for lunch or dinner: you can pre-order what you want.

The buffet has a variety of breakfast items, some of which change daily. What's offered depends on the chef as sometimes one item that's on most Princess ships isn't on another. Which is a little strange but true. There are always scrambled eggs, friend eggs, hard-boiled eggs and made-to-order omelets. The omelets have to be ordered. Just ask one of the people behind the counter. Sometimes, there are a couple of different types of scrambled eggs, sometimes eggs Benedict (not very good) or eggs Florentine (also not very good.) There's hash, at least a couple of types of sausages, bacon and ham. A variety of fresh fruit, cereals both hot and cold, etc.

Don't forget there are also nice breakfast items in the International café, and Room service breakfast is not bad. Just cereal, fruit, pastry type items. But pretty good.

I have heard that you can write in a hot breakfast selection on the room service card. Is that true?

Don't forget there are also nice breakfast items in the International café, and Room service breakfast is not bad. Just cereal, fruit, pastry type items. But pretty good.

You can get eggs and even an egg breakfast sandwich and other things from room service......just ask....we have never been disappointed;)

Don't even bother wasting your time ordering eggs benedict in the MDR. Princess has no idea how to make it. The muffins are not toasted. I asked for the eggs poached hard. They were so runny it was disgusting. There was 1 Tbl of sauce on top of the egg, which was then placed in the salamander to burn. The eggs were returned twice because they were undercooked.

When I asked for more sauce, I was told I could not get it. I told them they were drying it out and burning it by placing in the salamander. The waiter told me the sauce is cold and that is the only way to heat it. :rolleyes:

I was able to get more sauce when I tried the eggs benedict at the buffet, but it took so long, I was done with my entire breakfast before the extra sauce arrived. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that the buffet gets very busy at breakfast time so what do people normally do on port days if they want to make a quick getaway? Do you order room service (but then you are more limited in your choices)?

Thanks.

does the buffet have an omelet station?

if so will the person make a fried egg if asked?

The omelet station is a corner of one of the counters nearest the cooking area.

I suspect they will make a fried egg if you ask, but not sure.

I remember a time when you could enjoy breakfast on the Lido deck and there was a person on deck with a bunch of waffle irons, cooking to order. Do they still do that?

The buffet area now makes a small Belgian waffle. Toppings avialble.