RCL points

I know what the levels are but I wonder how many points I will earn on my June trip. I suppose I won't make platinum until after my 3rd cruise?

I took two cabins and asked since the bill all goes to my AmEx, do I get all the points and they said no.

It does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises. You will get one point per night of cruise, and an extra point per night if you are in a JS or better stateroom.

It does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises. You will get one point per night of cruise, and an extra point per night if you are in a JS or better stateroom.

So what your saying is that if Mr. Goldstein paid for my cruise I would get triple the points?:D

So true for the above....I only wish I could have received the RCI points for all the cruises/cabins I have paid for my family, as I would almost be a Pinnacle..but that's the way it goes..at least it's helped all of them to become D & D+. :D

So true for the above....I only wish I could have received the RCI points for all the cruises/cabins I have paid for my family, as I would almost be a Pinnacle..but that's the way it goes..at least it's helped all of them to become D & D+. :D

What would be the point of being pinnacle but your family would have nothing? Not much of a trip if you are in th CL/D+ lounge on your own and are they have to stay with the lowly rest of us.

So what your saying is that if Mr. Goldstein paid for my cruise I would get triple the points?:D

Actually no...... if for some reason the cruise was free, (no one paid RCCL anything ) then there will be no points awarded. And, If one is given a complimentary upgrade to a suite, extra points are not awarded.

I'd be happy to forgo a few points and have " Mr. Goldstein " pay for my cruise. :)

Enjoy

M

Actually no...... if for some reason the cruise was free, (no one paid RCCL anything ) then there will be no points awarded. And, If one is given a complimentary upgrade to a suite, extra points are not awarded.

I'd be happy to forgo a few points and have " Mr. Goldstein " pay for my cruise. :)

Enjoy

M

Good info!

I'm not sure that is correct? or were points awarded differently back in '08 when we started? The fourth was free. It takes 30 points go go Platinum

FYI we went platinum after our 5th cruise. It was our only 7 night cruise. The rest were shorter than that. Oh, it took EXACTLY a week for the change in Crown & Anchor status to be reflected online. We are having problems claiming the discounted balcony we are to have for our next cruise under Platinum. Don't know if it's because we booked two days before the new status appeared? Anyone can comment????

I'm not sure that is correct? or were points awarded differently back in '08 when we started? The fourth was free. It takes 30 points go go Platinum

FYI we went platinum after our 5th cruise. It was our only 7 night cruise. The rest were shorter than that. Oh, it took EXACTLY a week for the change in Crown & Anchor status to be reflected online. We are having problems claiming the discounted balcony we are to have for our next cruise under Platinum. Don't know if it's because we booked two days before the new status appeared? Anyone can comment????

Yes, points were awarded differently in 08. They implemented a major change to the point system in Jan 2011. One of the changes was that you only get points for what you pay for. So if you are upgraded to a suite for free, you no longer get the extra points for being in a suite.

Edited by clarea

the free cruise FYI was because of our RCC Visa card.

I still can't figure out how our cruises came to the required 30 points. Oh, well!!

I was dumbfounded by the changes since our March 2012 cruise. Only about 20% of the time did someone get our drinks for us. It caught me so offguard that they just weren't as foceful as usual. We waited at the bar for service typically 10 minutes or more to get our drinks? Is this because of the drink packages? (Husband says it's always been this way but I don't think they had as many options. . . I was very sick on that cruise in '12 but it was different). Was it just because we went out of Puerto Rico? In other words, is this the new norm???

I would be really appreciative if someone who cruises more often than our every other year to take the lead and update us on some of the changes. Just a suggestion. No stationery, towel animals only twice on 7 night cruise, chocolates gone awhile ago. I'm willing to sacrifice all these for the boats that have the wonderful promenades though. OH my greatest missed thing is they don't have iced tea in the Windjammer anymore. I drink copious amounts. On our last cruise port I ordered 3 of them. LOL

the free cruise FYI was because of our RCC Visa card.

Regarding points - We’ve sailed with RCCL VISA points a few times and have been advised to pay for the next cabin up (it can be in the same major category) to be sure there is at least $1 in cruise fare. Otherwise, we would receive no points.

enjoy

M

Enjoy

M

So what if my cruise was paid 99 percent by Mr. Goldstein and I just forked over the remaining $200 or so dollars for final payment? Then could I get the points?

So what if my cruise was paid 99 percent by Mr. Goldstein and I just forked over the remaining $200 or so dollars for final payment? Then could I get the points?

They usually give you the points if you pay something for the cruise.

I booked a week on Freedom, and it was cheaper for me to get 2 rooms for my wife and 2 kids than 1 for all 4 of us (2 of us in each room), so do I get points for each room?!?!? I mean, I paid twice!! :D

As it was stated above No! You will receive 1 point for the number of days sailed. Your wife & 2 kids will also receive 1 point for each night cruised.

I know, I read it, I was just joking (hence the big smiley face!) My last cruise was my first at Platinum level, and it was nice to bypass some of the lines when boarding! I know the kid's points don't really matter anyway, as they are appointed the same level as the parent if they've cruised once (other than Pinnacle), but does that hold true for spouses? I have cruised 6 times, my 7th in April, but it will be my wife's 3rd. How's that work?

And if, heaven forbid (but it happens), you have to cancel on the day before because of a death in the family, but you have trip insurance so you get your money back from the insurance company.... but Royal has been paid for your trip..... you get zero points because you have not been on the ship even though your trip was totally paid for. And if you get sick and have to leave the ship you get no points, not even the nights you slept there. The points get assessed after the last night on the ship.