Sky Suites WILL be entitled to new dedicated dining

Bababooey Land

Before you get all up in arms, I would be very surprised if you were told, "no, you HAVE to eat in Blu or the suite dining room every night, you are not allowed in the MDR with your friends/family."

Time to be surprised then.

Was on the Connie last month (2/14) sailing in an A2 and DH saw something on the San Marco menu he was interested in trying. Asked if we could be sat in MDR even though we were A2; told flat out no we had to eat in Blu. Went to Blu podium and asked if they would bring just that one dish for him (he had other things he would eat off the Blu menu as well) and was denied. Told we had to eat in San Marco if we wanted that. Fair enough, but we'd already been denied access to MDR.

We were traveling as part of a large (over 15 cabins) group, so to be fair, we had friends in both dining rooms during both the earlier MDR and later MDR seatings. That didn't matter to the MDR hosts. We were there during what would have been our dining time too.

Time to be surprised then.

Was on the Connie last month (2/14) sailing in an A2 and DH saw something on the San Marco menu he was interested in trying. Asked if we could be sat in MDR even though we were A2; told flat out no we had to eat in Blu.

If you just show up to the open seating section of the dining room, do they ask for your Seapass before they seat you? That's the only way they'd know you're supposed to be in Blue, and I don't recall that happening (being asked for Seapass), which is why I said I'd be surprised if you were told no. You brought it to their attention that you "weren't supposed to eat there" because you were in an A2, which is probably what elicited the "no" answer.

Your point being what? You said you'd be surprised if the other person would be turned away; I merely pointed out that it can and did happen.

As for 'not supposed to be eating there', that's another matter entirely. The first night in the ship A1/A2 cabins receive a letter stating that we can eat in the MDR but the first night is the only night where a specific time was reserved. When we went to the MDR we were polite, and just said that we were interested in trying the MDR that night, as I have seen here that generally you're supposed to ask to be seated in the MDR. We were not asked to show our cards, but were asked if we were AC cabins. We weren't going to lie, so of course we said yes. We were denied. We did not press the issue, though unless the feedback here is all incorrect- generally people are not denied.

It is what it is. I only shared it because you said you'd be surprised.

Looking at the prices that people pay for those suites they do deserve more perks. I couldn't or would not want to pay that much for a cruise. Even taking a regular balcony and adding in for the extra cost of the premium packages and extra dining I couldn't justify the price difference.

I wonder how long before they convert the Solarium pool to suite guests only?

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🍸🍻

NO.. they will not be making the solarium exclusive for suite guests.

At night they are going to have entertainment reserved for 21 and older. Sort of cirque du soleil around and in the pool. Looks really cool IMHO. :p

CC

If you just show up to the open seating section of the dining room, do they ask for your Seapass before they seat you?

Open seating or Select dining patrons have to provide their stateroom number in order to be seated so that tips can be allocated. It is not available to those with designated dining arrangements without previous arrangements.

Has anyone calculated the total number of suite guests on M-Class and S-class that are entitled to use the new dedicated suite restaurant.

Sky suite occupants do not have access to the new Conciege Lounge (Michael's).

New luxury benefits include: A dedicated suites-only restaurant using world class ingredients, available morning, noon and night A VIP lounge, Michael's Club, for guests in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites Complimentary 'all in' benefits -

I thought I read somewhere on here that there were about 25 suite cabins if you exclude SS on M class ships. I don't know that that's exact or if my memory is foggy, but certainly, it seemed that the vast majority of suites are SS followed by CS, then RS and last PH? Again, this was in reference to the M class ships....

I thought I read somewhere on here that there were about 25 suite cabins if you exclude SS on M class ships. I don't know that that's exact or if my memory is foggy, but certainly, it seemed that the vast majority of suites are SS followed by CS, then RS and last PH? Again, this was in reference to the M class ships....

8 CS

8 RS

2 PH

= 18

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

8 CS

8 RS

2 PH

= 18

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Ahh! I was close. Could not remember the true number. Is this the same on S class?

And are there about 25 SS? I don't remember the number of these either.

Thanks for the correction!

Ahh! I was close. Could not remember the true number. Is this the same on S class?

And are there about 25 SS? I don't remember the number of these either.

Thanks for the correction!

12 CS

8 RS

2 PH

Except reflection which also has

5 Signature Suites

1 reflection suite

There are about 40+ ss on S class, plus Reflection has Aqua Suites which are aqua class branded sky suites that sell at about S1 prices generally but often seem to be available.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Your point being what? You said you'd be surprised if the other person would be turned away; I merely pointed out that it can and did happen.

And I'm still surprised that you were turned away. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I found it surprising. :rolleyes:

Open seating or Select dining patrons have to provide their stateroom number in order to be seated so that tips can be allocated. It is not available to those with designated dining arrangements without previous arrangements.

Ok then. Obviously I did not remember having to provide my stateroom number when we had Select dining and showed up at the MDR. Maybe we did, I just don't remember. Are you saying that prepaid gratuities are not divided equally among those who work in the Select dining area? That they are allocated based on the number of tables/pax each person actually serves? That would seem to motivate servers to rush their tables in order to turn them over more often.

We've always been asked for our cabin number in all of the restaurants, whether free or pay. We've also sailed in Aqua and were able to eat in the MDR select dining if space was available. With all the dining options on the ships there is usually space each day.

From Celebrity's web site it looks like the Aqua Suites will become S1's in April 2015 when the other changes are made.

I wonder if suite dining will be open seating like Blu or have set dining times. They will probably turn over the tables once each evening.

Mary Lou

Checking into pricing to see if it's worthwhile to make a $$ switch from our OV cabin on our Millennium cruise next month. Under "sky suite" availability the perks listed are a separate dining venue for suite guests. Will this be in place? I did read that April was when this would be launched, but I'm kind of surprised to think that such a space could be developed during a full sailing schedule.

Checking into pricing to see if it's worthwhile to make a $$ switch from our OV cabin on our Millennium cruise next month. Under "sky suite" availability the perks listed are a separate dining venue for suite guests. Will this be in place? I did read that April was when this would be launched, but I'm kind of surprised to think that such a space could be developed during a full sailing schedule.

April 2015, so no- not next month

Definitely not, I'm afraid. When I checked with Celebrity, they are currently hoping that the new suite dining room will be available by April 2015.