End of 123GO promo, will prices drop?

Murdock03

since the advertised end of the promo is 2/28, do you think that the prices will go down after this deal expires?

Maybe, but my guess is not for very many sailings. Where they couldn't go lower in price because they'd be taking too much of a hit on the 123go, they just lowered the price and said it was a special deal unavailable with the 123go promotion. In that way they already were offering lower prices without 123go on the cruises/categories that weren't selling. So if the wanted to cut the price on some cruise, they already did.

BTW, I noticed you can still get some reasonably low prices which are combinable with 123go if you are booking far in advance. I found what I thought seemed like a pretty cheap price on an oceanview in March of 2015 on Summit.

I noticed awhile back (not this promotion, though) when a line offered a like promotion the price of the basic fare went up to cover it. Then, after the promotion was done, the price went back down to what it was before being offered.

It will be interesting to see if the prices drop back down but, if the promotion has worked and the ship is pretty much full, then they won't.

Tucker in Texas

Last year I paid attention to cruise prices after the 1,2,3 was removed and they didn't change much. I saw some other promos (air credit, etc) offered but ultimately I think 1,2,3 is here to stay.

I have two bookings (Aug/Baltic, March 2015.Caribbean) and doubt anything will change to make me cancel either.... only option is once final payment date has past is to see some last minute guarantee prices.

Each sailing is its own "entity" with regard to pricing. If a sailing has lots of unsold space, the price may very well drop. If another voyage is selling well, don't look for discounts. In other words, don't look for across-the-board price reductions in all markets just because 123 goes away - it boils down to how each individual voyage is selling.

Edited by BEAV

123 extended to April 15th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Oneputt,

Im not sure about that. "Pick Your Perk" returned today (March 1st). Also, I'm not seeing any references to 123 Go on their website.

If you see 123 extended, can you provide a link ? Thanks !

123 extended to April 15th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you are confusing the "1-2-3GO" with the new "Pick Your Perk" offering. The new one runs March 1 - April 15th.

Celebrity has always opted to use one term or the other. This time around it is Pick Your Perk.

Edited by gimletgal

Hi Oneputt,

Im not sure about that. "Pick Your Perk" returned today (March 1st). Also, I'm not seeing any references to 123 Go on their website.

If you see 123 extended, can you provide a link ? Thanks !

In the U.S. the 123 Promotion ended at midnight on February 28th, the Pick You Perk Promotion started on March 1. I had never seen promotions back to back like this before.

Since booking my cruise a few months ago the fare has dropped three times and I have gotten those rate adjustments. Now it has been climbing steadily over the last few weeks. I have the 123 promo but wonder if the new promo is better?