Silly Question-Bathrobes

dubldeck

For what it's worth, we had robes waiting for us in our balcony cabin when we arrived. Did not need to ask for them. We are only Emerald level. Our son and daughter in law, in the next door cabin did also, they are gold.

[For dz9yvr, That's not funny. You're just going to get them started again.}

Edited by Gayle V

Nope. it's very relaxing to walk around the ship in your robe. Remember your on vacation. Breakfast in your robe is great anywhere on the ship.

If you're wearing your robe to where we eat, then I'm showing up in a Speedo with my big fat belly hanging over. And, I will bring my toe nail clippers and do some clipping with my foot up on the table.

Hey it's my vacation so enjoy! (Just kidding. If I saw a robe in a restaurant, I would leave and eat somewhere else. And sue somebody..... anybody...)

If you're wearing your robe to where we eat, then I'm showing up in a Speedo with my big fat belly hanging over. And, I will bring my toe nail clippers and do some clipping with my foot up on the table.

Hey it's my vacation so enjoy! (Just kidding. If I saw a robe in a restaurant, I would leave and eat somewhere else. And sue somebody..... anybody...)

As long as your big fat belly is covered by a shirt or a robe in a restaurant, I'm good with your speedo. If your belly is that big, it my be entertaining to watch you try to get to your toes.

Join me next week in the WJ and come in your robe.:)

Haa ahhhaaha.....too funny! NO ROBES IN PUBLIC "PLEASE":eek:

On our TA last year there were lots of people around the solarium pool and some around the main pool with their robes.

We were gold at the time and assumed that is what they were meant for.

I can understand using them on a balcony but if you are in an ocean view, promenade or inside what is the point of them?

You may not want to walk around your cabin in the nude in front of your cabinmate! :eek:

Here's another idea... On Allure and Oasis, many people use the showers in the fitness center at the front of the ship.. The robes are great to wear as you walk from the shower back to the cabin. Just use your imagination, there are plenty of great places to wear your robe. :D

I guess it's a matter of taste. Come join me for breakfast in a few days on the Allure. Look for me in the WJ at 7:30, I'll be one of the cruisers in a robe:D

Would you go to Denny's or IHOP in your robe?

You don't really want to use their robes anyway. I used one for about half a cruise when I stuck my hand in the pocket and pulled out a nice wad of used tissue. YUK!

There was a thread probably over a year ago regarding the robes where someone said after wearing the robe a few mornings WITH their pj's on, after taking the robe off they noticed a 'skid mark' on it that was obviously not theirs. I will never wear one of those robes again!

I am booked for a June sailing on the Allure, and went with an ocean view balcony. This will be the first time I have cruised with a balcony room. Are bathrobes included in the room? I really want to be able to enjoy the mornings eating breakfast and enjoying the ocean view in a bathrobe.

If you ask your cabin attendant for one, they'll get you one. I wondered the same thing when I was on the Allure last April and when I asked the Cabin Attendant if there were robes he said for C&A Diamond membors and up but he offered to bring me one.

That gave me an idea to roll into the MDR prank thread. Show up to Formal Night dinner in full formal attire, but walk in with the robe closed over it, walk to your table, and then remove it as if it were an overcoat. To pull this off, one must master their deadpan poker face until her or she sits down.

If you are concerned about a soiled robe late in the cruise or looking good for Formal Night, just ask the cabin attendant for a clean robe. They actually have plenty of robes on the ship. After walking around the ship for several days it's understandable that you may need a fresh one. It's your cruise, Enjoy :D

I thought I seen someone mentioned that if i was Gold and on the Freedom, I COULD ask for a robe, is that correct? They have ALWAYS furnished them on Princess, Carnival, etc. without asking.

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever I see people wandering around the ship in their robes (unless they are by the pool), the first thought that pops into my head is that they probably lost their luggage (ALL OF THEIR LUGGAGE:))

Robes aren't just for you balcony! The robes are welcome anywhere on the ship. Enjoy :D

So true! I was waiting for another bathrobe thread.!!! Below is me Emceeing our Meet and Mingle and modeling the fashionable robes.

meetming2.jpg

On our TA last year there were lots of people around the solarium pool and some around the main pool with their robes.

We were gold at the time and assumed that is what they were meant for.

I can understand using them on a balcony but if you are in an ocean view, promenade or inside what is the point of them?

Put the robe on when room service is coming.

I will admit to using mine as a bathing suit cover-up to go between the pool and the room a few times when it was cool at night

Same for us, that is the prime reason we use them. We love a good hot tub soak before turning in to bed and a towel doesn't quite fully cover me if we use the elevator I won't be brushing up against someone still in formal attire with a wet suit.

BWAAAHAAHAA!!! Surely, you jest! :D

I'm laughing because, while I might not find it particularly bothersome, I can only imagine the CC cruise attire police having a coronary if they see you! LOL

Ding Ding! Give this user a prize!

Nope. it's very relaxing to walk around the ship in your robe. Remember your on vacation. Breakfast in your robe is great anywhere on the ship.

you WILL NOT BE SERVED in the dining room in a robe. and you will get the stink eye at the Buffet as well.

the term in BATH robe.. you wear one after your bath before you get dressed for the day. they are not really appropriate as a pool cover up but at least that is less tacky than what you are endorsing.

I guess it's a matter of taste. Come join me for breakfast in a few days on the Allure. Look for me in the WJ at 7:30, I'll be one of the cruisers in a robe:D

And I'll be one of the other cruisers rolling my eyes:rolleyes: ;)