Classic Drink Package - Full List

Anniemarie

Do you have an account like flikr etc? if so you can upload the picture to there then cut and paste it into the 'reply to thread' box. Don't use 'manage attachments', it only does the little pic. If you don't have an account that you can upload to, send it to me and I will post it full size later this evening for you. My email is between the jumping men.

Thanks for trying.

Cheers, h.

This is another reason to wait until boarding to decide whether to upgrade our 123GO "free" classic package. This list includes several fine brands that are mentioned in the "premium" package on the Celebrity website ... Belvedere, Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire, Glenfiddich, Crown Royal. Also some tasty 100% agave tequilas such as Cazadores, Herradura, Milagro. If this list is still accurate you don't have to settle for Jose Cuervo!

The wines are much more "hit or miss." No good sparkling wine on that list.

DH drinks Crown Royal and also Bombay Sapphire. I thought these were considered premium liquors, so how are these on the Classic Package? We thought he would need to upgrade his Classic Package on our November cruise; but if these are included, maybe he doesn't. I'm confused.

DH drinks Crown Royal and also Bombay Sapphire. I thought these were considered premium liquors, so how are these on the Classic Package? We thought he would need to upgrade his Classic Package on our November cruise; but if these are included, maybe he doesn't. I'm confused.

I thought the same thing as my DH drinks Bombay Sapphire martinis.

I have the 123go classic package as well. If that is the full list of drinks then I will be more than happy :)

Just one question though...Am I still charged 15% service charge for the drinks to be brought to my table or to my room? Or is this included in the package?

I have the 123go classic package as well. If that is the full list of drinks then I will be more than happy :)

Just one question though...Am I still charged 15% service charge for the drinks to be brought to my table or to my room? Or is this included in the package?

The package does not include room service.

The package does include the service charge though.

The 15 % gratuities are included in the package, but you can't use your package through room service :

"Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters."

Oops, question just answered... ;-)

Edited by Cote d'or

As you can see from the extensive list, the drinks that are included with the Classic package is extensive. But, the Premium package is good for those that like to drink the concoctions at the Molecular bar or the Martini Bar as well as those that like better wines and beers that are not included at the Classic level. Plus, those mini bottles of San Pellegrino go down so easy after every second or third Martini. ;)

You all DO realize that these lists can change at any time, right? We're not cruising until December 2014. What's currently being offered is basically irrelevant until we board the ship. IMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

You all DO realize that these lists can change at any time, right? We're not cruising until December 2014. What's currently being offered is basically irrelevant until we board the ship. IMHO.

That list from 2012 is exactly the same as what we were offered recently on the Summit, so I doubt there will be any major changes in the Classic Package before your cruise.

Glad to see absolut included in the classic package.

OT but thought I'd ask with knowledgeable folks about.:)

It's often been difficult to obtain a non-drink of the day/frozen whatever on other lines I've sailed. Was hoping I'd have better luck on Celebrity obtaining my current favorite, which goes by different names depending on the locale but most often either: Mariposa or it magically morphs into a martini to charge a bit more for it:rolleyes: (vanilla vodka, bitters, lime juice & sprite).

Any thoughts if this would be included in the classic package?

The main difference between cocktails under the Classic and Premium packages is the spirits used rather than the drink itself. You can get almost any cocktail under the classic package with two notable exceptions which I'll discuss below. But they will be made with the spirits available under the classic package which includes lots of nice call brands. With the premium package you have access to top shelf spirits for the cocktails. For example if you order a vodka drink you can get Absolute and several other vodkas with the classic package but with the premium package you can get Grey Goose and other top shelf brands. Order a gin drink and with the classic you can request Beefeater or Tanqueray while with the premium you can request gins such as Sapphire, Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks.

If you look at the Celebrity package descriptions on this link: click here

You'll see that a word in the first paragraph of each package description is underlined - that is a link that will take you to a representative list of the soft drinks, spirits and beers included in that package.

There are two exceptions to cocktails available under the classic package: The cocktails served at the Molecular Bar are special cocktails which are all over the $8 classic package limit. And the large premium martinis at the Martini Bar are also over the classic package limit. However, you can get smaller martinis made with the spirits available under the classic package at other bars and sometimes, but not always, the martini bar waiters will make these for you as well.

There are probably some other drinks with more involved ingredients, such as those on the Molecular Bar menu, that might be excluded. But for the most part it seems that most drinks are included in the classic package as long as they are made with the spirits include with that package.

Just because you think they are premium Celebrity has a different classification. It is what Celebrity classifies it at and not you.

Heineken is considered in some places as premium but Celebeity has it under the classic.

Absolute was a premium vodka and now it is considered a well spirit. Ketel One, Bevedere, and Stolli all cost more than Crown and they are listed as Classic.

If you consider what a bottle of Crown sells for in relation to other spirits today it is in the mid range.

🍸🍻

That list from 2012 is exactly the same as what we were offered recently on the Summit, so I doubt there will be any major changes in the Classic Package before your cruise.

The list of wines is not the same as what we had on the Summit in December, 2012. I would absolutely agree that the liquor choices should be stable, but wines will change.

That said, some of us upgraded to the premium package on that cruise. None of us will be doing that again. The Classic package was great, and was one of the main reasons that celebrity is our first choice (assuming good itinerary and pricing).

Edited by jkgourmet

If that's the case, then why are you reading the posts and interacting on the boards if everything is irrelevant until YOUR cruise in 9+ months?

It says on the UK site that its worth "up to $1400"

Where do they get that figure from? Did they take an average bill for people who have had this package? Or is there a maximum bar bill?

Maybe it's based on 2 people in a cabin for a 13 day sailing?