Wines and corkage and bars, Oh my! (Signature Beverage Pkg, Beverage Cards & Corkage)

POA1

So happy to see Hendrick's is just under the $8 line. :)

We have the Explore 4 package. Am I correct that the gratuities for the drinks are also included in the package? We did a cruise last year with the Explore 4 and that was the case. Just want to make sure that is still true.

Yes, gratuities are included. Glad to hear that your cucumbery gin made the cut! I was a little myopically focused on bourbon, so it's good to know that some other liquors got an upgrade as well. :D

Edited by POA1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm asking something that has already been mentioned in the thread. I searched but didn't find an answer so thank you in advance for the help. I am sailing on the Eurodam in 3 weeks (can't come soon enough :) ) and have the SBP. Would the SBP work for a soda purchased in a souvenir glass?

Sorry if I'm asking something that has already been mentioned in the thread. I searched but didn't find an answer so thank you in advance for the help. I am sailing on the Eurodam in 3 weeks (can't come soon enough :) ) and have the SBP. Would the SBP work for a soda purchased in a souvenir glass?

As long as the total price was $8 or less...

So happy to see Hendrick's is just under the $8 line. :)

We have the Explore 4 package. Am I correct that the gratuities for the drinks are also included in the package? We did a cruise last year with the Explore 4 and that was the case. Just want to make sure that is still true.

I am shocked to Hendricks on that list, not complaining, just surprised.

I am shocked to Hendricks on that list, not complaining, just surprised.

Maker's Mark is now under the cut off as well. And joy would be my middle name. :D

BTW - if you are using this thread for reference, please find a more current beverage list, because there have been changes - almost all for the better based on a cursory review.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked our cruise through a travel agent and was told it included the Explore4 package. Is there a way to confirm on the HAL website that the Explore4 package is included? I don't see it anywhere in my reservation documents but perhaps I am not looking in the correct place.

I booked our cruise through a travel agent and was told it included the Explore4 package. Is there a way to confirm on the HAL website that the Explore4 package is included? I don't see it anywhere in my reservation documents but perhaps I am not looking in the correct place.

Since you booked through a TA, you will not be able to see any confirmation of this or any other benefits/on board credits/etc. on HAL's website. Your TA should be able to print you off a confirmation of exactly what is included in your booking.

Since you booked through a TA, you will not be able to see any confirmation of this or any other benefits/on board credits/etc. on HAL's website. Your TA should be able to print you off a confirmation of exactly what is included in your booking.

Thank you for the quick reply. It makes me a bit nervous to not confirm with HAL ahead of time but I'm probably just being paranoid. Glad to hear it's normal not to see it on HAL's website and I will be sure to print the docs from the TA before we leave.

Actually, your agent should have forwarded you the Guest Confirmation from Holland America. If you have the Explore 4 package, it shows clearly on the top of page 2 of the PDF, listing the Signature Beverage Package and the Pinnacle Grill dinner. (see photo) FullSizeRender.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted. I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. We have never sailed HAL so we have some questions.

Can you bring wine and beer for consumption in your stateroom?

Do you pay for coffee and water?

How much is beer and wine if you buy it without a plan?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been posted. I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. We have never sailed HAL so we have some questions.

Can you bring wine and beer for consumption in your stateroom?

Do you pay for coffee and water?

How much is beer and wine if you buy it without a plan?

Thanks.

Coffee and water are included at no charge. You may bring on one bottle of wine per adult, at no charge, for in room consumption. You may carry on additional bottles, but they're subject to an $18 per bottle corkage fee.

You cannot bring on beer, nor can you bring on liquor for consumption. The most recent price lists I'm aware of are here, courtesy of CC user Crew News.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/

You'll have happy hours most days, where you can buy one drink at regular price and get the second one for $1. Most beer runs around $4.95 - 5.95. If you take advantage of happy hour pricing, that will get your per beer cost down to $3.00 - 3.50. People have reported that you can get a bucket (5) of beer for $21.00 and get a second bucket for $1 during happy hour. That drops your per beer cost to under $2.25. I can't confirm this in person, but I've met some of the people who have seen it. They're honest, upright citizens, so I take them at their word. :)

Just remember to order your "Road Sodas" unopened, and you'll have a pretty good source of reasonably priced room beer. And, as always, be nice to your servers.

You'll have happy hours most days, where you can buy one drink at regular price and get the second one for $1. Most beer runs around $4.95 - 5.95. If you take advantage of happy hour pricing, that will get your per beer cost down to $3.00 - 3.50. People have reported that you can get a bucket (5) of beer for $21.00 and get a second bucket for $1 during happy hour. That drops your per beer cost to under $2.25. I can't confirm this in person, but I've met some of the people who have seen it. They're honest, upright citizens, so I take them at their word. :)

Just remember to order your "Road Sodas" unopened, and you'll have a pretty good source of reasonably priced room beer. And, as always, be nice to your servers.

As far as the beers go, I have been able to buy a bucket of beer at regular price then each other beer in the second bucket for $1.00 a piece - not the bucket for $1.00 but that is my experience.

Thank you for your great read. I have a couple of quick questions concerning corkage.

I will be traveling in a party of three. I understand that I can take three bottles onboard to be consumed in the room without a corkage fee - Right?

For those above the three (I will probably take 12 total for the 21 days), I will pay corkage but I must carry on and not check. When I go through security carrying a case, there is a desk for me to go to the get stickers for the bottles, right? If I want to drink the bottles in a bar or dining room, do I leave the bottles at this desk with the attendant? Do I carry them to the bar/dining room each night?

The corkage fee is $18, right? Does that include the gratuity? If not, what is the appropriate gratuity for corkage?

Also, can I still bring bottled water and soda pop on board with checked luggage?

Thank you for your great read. I have a couple of quick questions concerning corkage.

I will be traveling in a party of three. I understand that I can take three bottles onboard to be consumed in the room without a corkage fee - Right?

For those above the three (I will probably take 12 total for the 21 days), I will pay corkage but I must carry on and not check. When I go through security carrying a case, there is a desk for me to go to the get stickers for the bottles, right? If I want to drink the bottles in a bar or dining room, do I leave the bottles at this desk with the attendant? Do I carry them to the bar/dining room each night?

The corkage fee is $18, right? Does that include the gratuity? If not, what is the appropriate gratuity for corkage?

Also, can I still bring bottled water and soda pop on board with checked luggage?

I cannot address your wine questions but you may bring water/soda in checked luggage. Plastic bottles are preferable because they cannot be dented during handling by the porters.

Edited by Crew News

Correct. You must carry your wine on. On all our cruises since the policy change, there's been a wine check in desk where the stickers were applied. You still need to carry your wine on. (We don't leave ours out of our sight, but that's us.)

As far as I know, you don't have to carry on your soda or water.

The $18 corkage is not subject to the 15% service charge. Eighteen bucks is 18 bucks. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by POA1

• 3 weeks later...

Just off Veendam. We had SBP. My husband likes a perfect bourbon Manhattan made with Makers Mark. Makers Mark is now $8. Our server suggested to get the Manhattan made with it she charge separately for the Manhattan and the Makers Mark. Worked perfectly. We never come near the drink limit so two separate charges meant nothing to us.

Just off Veendam. We had SBP. My husband likes a perfect bourbon Manhattan made with Makers Mark. Makers Mark is now $8. Our server suggested to get the Manhattan made with it she charge separately for the Manhattan and the Makers Mark. Worked perfectly. We never come near the drink limit so two separate charges meant nothing to us.

Thanks for the tip. If you've read through this thread, you know I loves me some Maker's. :D If I understand you correctly, you ordered a Maker's Mark neat and the set up for a perfect Manhattan? Great tip. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. If you've read through this thread, you know I loves me some Maker's. :D If I understand you correctly, you ordered a Maker's Mark neat and the set up for a perfect Manhattan? Great tip. Thanks!

We go to the Ocean Bar. The first night my husband asked if he could get a Perfect bourbon Manhattan with Maker's Mark. The bar server said no so he just got a Perfect bourbon Manhattan. The second night we had a different server. My husband decided he would just pay for the cocktail he wanted. This server suggested she just charge us twice. It came all together, one drink. The third night, we encountered the original server. We just told him to charge us twice. He looked a little taken back but we said it with authority and that was the end of it. There were two charges on the bill. One for Maker's Mark and one for a Manhattan. Hope I make sense.

We go to the Ocean Bar. The first night my husband asked if he could get a Perfect bourbon Manhattan with Maker's Mark. The bar server said no so he just got a Perfect bourbon Manhattan. The second night we had a different server. My husband decided he would just pay for the cocktail he wanted. This server suggested she just charge us twice. It came all together, one drink. The third night, we encountered the original server. We just told him to charge us twice. He looked a little taken back but we said it with authority and that was the end of it. There were two charges on the bill. One for Maker's Mark and one for a Manhattan. Hope I make sense.

Makes perfect sense. We've had the best luck when we worked directly with the bartenders at any given bar. Having said that, it sounds like you had an innovative server. Hang on to that person. :)

Makes perfect sense. We've had the best luck when we worked directly with the bartenders at any given bar. Having said that, it sounds like you had an innovative server. Hang on to that person. :)

Agreed! Her name was Princess. We gave her a nice tip!

Couple of questions:

1. I noticed earlier in this thread that you brought your own corkscrew even though they were provided in the Neptune suite. Ever have a problem with them confiscating them? My favorite has a small, maybe two inch blade.

2. Wine glasses are provided in the Neptune suite?

3. Personally, I like my Manhattan made with Rye. Is Rye available?

Sailing on Westerdam.

I think some one said you lived in the condos?

BTW, thanks for the tip about giving the wine check in guys a tip. I wouldn't have thought about that. I'm only bring six bottles. Fiver enough?

Edited by RocketMan275