Wines and corkage and bars, Oh my! (Signature Beverage Pkg, Beverage Cards & Corkage)

POA1

"Sheila"? I can see that all the research has had the predictable effect. ;)

Isn't Innlady1 Sheila? I've been calling her that for weeks.

I haven't had anything to drink yet today. (Other than water. It's important to stay hydrated kids.)

Innlady1 - If I've been calling you by the wrong name, I'm sorry. You were so nice to let us know about the 3rd formal night when our cruise docs only said 2. I'd feel terrible if I have been calling you by the wrong name.

So bad in fact, that I must now drown my sorrows. :D

Isn't Innlady1 Sheila? I've been calling her that for weeks.

I haven't had anything to drink yet today. (Other than water. It's important to stay hydrated kids.)

Innlady1 - If I've been calling you by the wrong name, I'm sorry. You were so nice to let us know about the 3rd formal night when our cruise docs only said 2. I'd feel terrible if I have been calling you by the wrong name.

So bad in fact, that I must now drown my sorrows. :D

You quoted RuthC, and called RuthC "Sheila". Now carry on with your research :D

B. B. King update - My lovely wife was chatting with the keyboardist lat night after the band's 3rd set. He told her that the musicians have contracts of varying lengths. Some get off and others join. For a group of session players, they are really tight. I was surprised that they weren't a fully formed band.

We'll ask about the Mediterranean and European itineraries when we get a chance. We're in Curacao until 11:30 pm tonight, so no B. B. King on the schedule. The band is off.

One observation - Before we left for our cruise, someone made a sparky post about HAL, stating something along the lines of "Hope you're prepared to be in bed by midnight every night."

I took offense somewhat, because I know that we're good for at least a couple of later nights. When we're in Fort Lauderdale, we often go out at 10:00 or 11:00 because places are open until 3 our 4.

Sadly, the other poster was more on point than I expected. It's fairly unusual to find anyone out past 11 or 11:30. Don't get me wrong. We're not a late night, every night crew by any means. It's just that we sleep better knowing that there's a party somewhere and we were the smart ones who decided to call it an early night.

On the upside, we're really well rested.

POA1,

Thank you! for putting life back into the CC posts/boards Its been along time since I have read <entertaining/very useful> information on CC :D I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

It have really enjoyed reading all the threads and have learnt so much. Thank you

POA1,

Thank you! for putting life back into the CC posts/boards Its been along time since I have read <entertaining/very useful> information on CC :D I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

No, THANK You! We aim to please and to make science accessible to everyone.

This is my favorite thread to read and I don't even drink, (too many alcoholics in my family). I do plan on drinking tea (which is free anyway) fancy hot chocolate, bottled water and at least a "fancy" drink every day. Hell I may even have a glass of wine with dinner. You have inspired me to partake in a little research myself.

[attach]304553[/attach]

Very nice, and excellent advice. After all, you get plenty of water when the ice melts in your cocktail. (If your ice doesn't melt at a good clip, you need to switch to a big boy drink.)

Just making light of things kids! Staying properly hydrated is very important.

You quoted RuthC, and called RuthC "Sheila". Now carry on with your research :D

Thanks. I'm trying to do this from my phone while I'm in port and the Tapatalk app doesn't always quote the way I think it will.

So anyway... Sorry if I called you Sheila, Ruth. That error is totally on me. :thumbdown:

Have you noticed non-alcoholic beers available? I haven't seen any on the drinks list.

The list says Sharp's and Buckler @ $3.95 each. I have seen some O'Doul's though. (Hope I spelled that right. My phone has a tendency to autocorrect on proper names.)

It have really enjoyed reading all the threads and have learnt so much. Thank you

We're glad to help advance the state of knowledge. I wonder if I can get some continuing education credits for this? :what:

This is my favorite thread to read and I don't even drink, (too many alcoholics in my family). I do plan on drinking tea (which is free anyway) fancy hot chocolate, bottled water and at least a "fancy" drink every day. Hell I may even have a glass of wine with dinner. You have inspired me to partake in a little research myself.

Thanks, Nana! We decided to do this thread when we saw all the confusion over the new wine policies and Explore 4 promo. I hope that we have, in some small way, helped to improve the human condition. We're all about helping humanity.

Thanks, Nana! We decided to do this thread when we saw all the confusion over the new wine policies and Explore 4 promo. I hope that we have, in some small way, helped to improve the human condition. We're all about helping humanity.

and tasting? :p;) thanks for the suffering you have done in silence in the name of science:D

The list says Sharp's and Buckler @ $3.95 each. I have seen some O'Doul's though. (Hope I spelled that right. My phone has a tendency to autocorrect on proper names.)

Thank you for your highly professional research. You should get that extra credit that you have earned.

Rick

In non-beverage news: The ship is no longer in code. Taco bar and other self service stations are open.

{If someone would be so kind as to cross post this to any relevant threads, I'd consider it a favor.)

No one in our party came down with any bug. (Coincidence? I think not.}

The ship is in good shape. The staff and crew are excellent. Our cabin SA on Deck 7, Portside, Midship, is good. No HVAC or plumbing issues. Neptune concierge staff has been great. We were able to get flowers for formal nights two and three with no problem. I picked up some Kaliber Clips from Amazon so that the ladies could sport wrist corsages. (You do not want one our esteemed scientific faculty messing with straight pins after a long day of lab work.)

DSIL and DBIL are in an SC aft cabin on Deck 5. It's a great balcony and everything is good. One caveat: If you are in an aft cabin and the sun is beating down, it can get warm is you do not draw the drapes.

I know that we owe you guys a copy of the B. B. King drink menu and an answer on whether or not they're going to be doing the Med/Europe.

If there is anything else you would like us to find out, just let me know. We are in Aruba tomorrow and I'll still have 3G data which allows me to better serve the needs of you, the scientific community.

(I have to tell you. I think I'm stretching the science theme a little thin. I'll have to hit the thesaurus later and maybe add in some rocket science and space exploration metaphors.)

Hidden benefit of the SBP - You can avoid the Happy Hour rush. It's 3:45 and people are pouring into the Crows Nest for the 4-5 Happy Hour. It's like we're at Disney World and they're getting ready to drop the ropes. Since I can't take advantage of the Happy Hour pricing on the SBP, I have already beat the crowd to Space Mountain and ridden several times. ;)

For the record, I'm only here because our cabin faces away from land and there's no cellular data signal there.

Sigh. I know it's here, but I can't seem to find the beer list. I was wondering if they have any gluten free beers (omission for example) or ciders (angry orchard, Ace, etc.)?

I didn't see anything specially labeled gluten free, but I can ask. We noticed the lack of ciders on the menu. They have been running daily white and red sangria specials. It's $4 for the first one and $2 for refills.

In non-beverage news: The ship is no longer in code. Taco bar and other self service stations are open.

{If someone would be so kind as to cross post this to any relevant threads, I'd consider it a favor.)

No one in our party came down with any bug. (Coincidence? I think not.}

The ship is in good shape. The staff and crew are excellent. Our cabin SA on Deck 7, Portside, Midship, is good.

For no apparent reason, and while absolutely stone cold sober, I said we we on the port side of the ship.

We're on the starboard. The worst part is that I've been boating since I was a kid. Must have killed that particular brain cell. :confused:

Really!!!!!!!!]

People wonder why there are toilet overflows But I will happily volunteer to do any wine tasting when i cruise on Amsterdam 14 day cruise to Alaska. Any wine tasting or happy hour. I have a paypal account (EViL SMILE)

Mary

Cruising Saturday to Eastern Caribbean! Planning to sample many wines! Will share as many wine lists as I can when we return. Wonder if HAL does anything like Princess and offers a few bottles discounted at dinner each evening in the Main Dining Room? Thanks for all the great comments!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruising Saturday to Eastern Caribbean! Planning to sample many wines! Will share as many wine lists as I can when we return. Wonder if HAL does anything like Princess and offers a few bottles discounted at dinner each evening in the Main Dining Room? Thanks for all the great comments!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have featured wines each night. I'm not sure if they're discounted or not. We're off to dinner in a few minutes, so I will check for you.