Wines and corkage and bars, Oh my! (Signature Beverage Pkg, Beverage Cards & Corkage)

POA1

Lost cards - We haven't lost an SBP card (despite vigorous research) but we were told that they cancel the old card and reissue it if you lose your card.

When to buy - You have to buy your SBP cards by the end of Day 2 of your trip. They'll back out any eligible beverages up to that point. Fort Lauderdale charges 6% sales tax on purchases you make while there. We're not sure if the tax is an add on or not. We'll get a statement print out and check.

It's not a big deal, we're just trying to be thorough.

I don't even drink but I'm enjoying your posts. You are hilarious. Love your sense of humor. I have the explore 4 as it was included. My roomie is excited though. I will probably have one sweet mixed drink each day though. I'm not a total tea-tottler.

I don't even drink but I'm enjoying your posts. You are hilarious. Love your sense of humor. I have the explore 4 as it was included. My roomie is excited though. I will probably have one sweet mixed drink each day though. I'm not a total tea-tottler.

Don't forget the coffee options, water, and sports drinks. There should be something to make it worth your while.

Thanks. Awesome post. Glad to have you here. We purchased drinks for someone who already had the beverage package. All four of us have the SBP.

No need to get snippy... your previous post was in reply to a question about providing drinks to a 3rd person in the cabin, and not for someone already WITH the SBP. I'm sorry if you took offense. :(

Don't forget the coffee options, water, and sports drinks. There should be something to make it worth your while.

This and soda is why I am seriously leaning towards getting the package. I kept track of my drink purchases on my recent Disney cruise to see if I would just be better with a $250 beverage card, but then I realized sodas aren't extra on DCL, so it now looks like the SBP is my better choice. Unless I can get off soda by July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lost cards - We haven't lost an SBP card (despite vigorous research) but we were told that they cancel the old card and reissue it if you lose your card.

When to buy - You have to buy your SBP cards by the end of Day 2 of your trip. They'll back out any eligible beverages up to that point. Fort Lauderdale charges 6% sales tax on purchases you make while there. We're not sure if the tax is an add on or not. We'll get a statement print out and check.

It's not a big deal, we're just trying to be thorough.

Just clarifying on when to buy. In port there is tax added on (I assume it will be the same for Seattle departures), but if I get it once we are underway no extra tax? Where do you buy it - bar, guest services, dinner server?

Thanks so much for the info!! Hard to really find much on it. We have had this on Carnival and Celebrity and found the packages very different (as were the cruises themselves). Are fancy coffees (with our without alcohol in it) included? How about smoothies?

thanks much in advance!

No need to get snippy... your previous post was in reply to a question about providing drinks to a 3rd person in the cabin, and not for someone already WITH the SBP. I'm sorry if you took offense. :(

From what I understand, ALL passengers in a cabin 21 and up HAVE to have the SBC card if one person has it. So there wouldn't be any way for a 3rd person in the cabin to not have the card.

From what I understand, ALL passengers in a cabin 21 and up HAVE to have the SBC card if one person has it. So there wouldn't be any way for a 3rd person in the cabin to not have the card.

We are a party of three with the Explore4 promo...this promo only applies to the first two guests, and since there is no possible way for two of the the three to drink 15 beverages a day( particularly since we have access to the Neptune Lounge) I doubt that we would be required to purchase a third card, but this might be an interesting fact to clarify,

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here you go. Sorry about all the Evernote links, but it's the easiest way for me to sync my phone and laptop away from the office - and it gives me a way to share remotely.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/e1945709-5dbe-49e7-bff5-1f3f9331ff21/e461cb08735cb91ec4160ec7b94e74b3

There are some notes at the end. And, the 2003 vintage on the white Rioja is not a typo.

Wow, we'd like to be drinking all of these wines with you!

Cheers!

Stalking the elusive B. B. King cocktail menu...

The B. B. King lounge has its own set of Signature Cocktails. We'll try to grab a photo this evening. People have reported that they're quite good.

Sorry about slipping into a hunting metaphor there. Perhaps "on the verge of a new discovery would have been more apt.

Thanks for your frequent informative updates. Would you be able to find out if the BB King entertainment is continuing on the Noordam through the spring/summer Med season. Thanks again

We are a party of three with the Explore4 promo...this promo only applies to the first two guests, and since there is no possible way for two of the the three to drink 15 beverages a day( particularly since we have access to the Neptune Lounge) I doubt that we would be required to purchase a third card, but this might be an interesting fact to clarify,

Thanks,

Marilyn

Hmm. I don't know about the Explore 4 and what they plan to do about that. But it does say on the SBC that all guests 21 and over in a cabin need to purchase the package if it's going to be purchased.

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at a $7.00 or lower menu price. Up to 15 beverages per day. * Prices are per day; Signature Beverage Package for $44.95* per day, per person a 15% service charge is not included and will be automatically applied to your purchase. The package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. Up to a 15-drink maximum per day. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. Participants may order only one drink at a time. No sharing is permitted. Excludes Mini Bar, In-Room Dining, & beverages on Half Moon Cay. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers. Must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.

Thank you so much for posting your research about what hard liquor is available! Now I have my Birding List and my Liquor Drinking list. Don't know how I could be more ready. I haven't drunk/drank a lot of hard liquors so I should be able to mark many off my "Life List" on my up coming HAL trip. I have the Explore4 promo as well, so this will be a wonderful opportunity. I suppose I should try to get in drinking shape though - just like I'm trying to work out on the "Total Gym" for our kayak shore excursion...

Enjoy the rest of your cruise POA1!:)

Edited by LottaWata

Thanks,

Marilyn

The confusion arises with the Explorer4 promo is that it consists of 4 parts one of which is the Signature Beverage Package. I suspect since the first two guests will have the SBP the third guest will be required to purchase it.

Just my thoughts.

Rockfan2

No offense taken. Sorry if I came across as snippy.

I don't know the answer to the carafe question, but I will ask tonight. I imagine we'll get a funny look given that we will be toting a red and a white to dinner, but it's a good question and one that deserves an answer.

I don't know if carafes are a different wine than the by the glass pours, but I will check.

Did you sleuth out the carafe answer? I'm hoping for yes since others have said it's different wine than the house wine by the glass. I tried that merlot once and it was vile! Hope you are enjoying your research mission...it's both informative and entertaining to read!

Greetings gentle readers.

It's a sea day, so I logged on, grabbed all your questions and will post a grouped response. Just look for your screen name for the answer.

I failed to get a picture of the B.B. King cocktail list. There are 5 or 6 of them, all priced at $6.95. They look to lean toward the large, fruit-juicy concoctions.

runnergirl71

I'm not sure if they have the sales tax in Seattle. Fort Lauderdale didn't used to have it when we first started cruising (on tall masted schooners where the "bar package" was a ration of grog.)

Once you're in international waters, there is no tax. Someone had a post about a similar situation in Europe, but I don't remember whom. It might have been KK or RuthC.

3 gals and a buoy

First: Awesome user name! The specialty coffees are all included with or without alcohol. All of the Irish, Jamaican, etc. coffees are $6.95, so they're included. If I have time tomorrow, I can post a list when we're in port.

AlohaPride

You are correct about the everyone over 21 in a cabin for the SBP. However, the Explore 4 Alaska promo only covers 2 pax, which is where the question came from. We asked, but no one seems to know the answer to the question - probably because that promo is not in force in the Caribbean at this time.

And to answer your follow up: Yes, they are the same thing. Just don't confuse them with the $50 Explore 4 beverage card that HAL has for the Caribbean. It's the same promo, but the $50 card is yours to spend as you wish, without the $7 limitation.

northernphoenix

As I mentioned above, I don't have an answer to that question. I'm not sure what they do with the third person. It would be kind of awkward if your 3rd passenger cost the 3rd pax supplement PLUS $51 a day for the SBC. This is probably a question for HAL Seattle. (Get it in writing.)

CowPrincess:

Caviar was a full ounce. The presentation was less than inspiring. They forgot the Creme Fraiche and when I pointed it out, our waitress told us that "It's supposed to be on the plate." Apparently, the person prepping the caviar doesn't check. The expediter does not check. The server doesn't check. It's up to the guest. The manager was making his rounds and we told him as well. He thanked us for bringing it to his attention and said that it's important that they "know these things." Since the menu tells you that your caviar is served on ice with creme fraiche, I would have though that they'd check. But that's probably just me....

We didn't have a stellar Pinnacle experience. We had a 7:00 PM reservation. our appetizers hit the table at 8:05 PM. All the food was well-prepared, the steaks were good, and the temperatures were spot on. It was just sloooow.

For those of you missing the old Caesar, it's back - at least on the Noordam anyway.

travelinjones

Thanks for the compliment! We'd love to have you drink with us - because you, too seem to have scientific curiosity.

Rockfan2

No one seems to know if the 3rd party will be required to purchase the SBP. Since it would add over $500 on a 10 day fare, making it mandatory would seem kind of sneaky, IMHO.

frankc98376

We're back in Orange mode and I expect that it will stay that way for the remainder. Apparently the number of cases is down quite a bit.

runnergirl71

Sorry, this one's out of order - There's a fountain soda card you can buy. I don't know the particulars of it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include cans of soda. I can ask. Maybe the bartenders will think, "Thank goodness! Maybe they're drying out."

See you all tomorrow from Bonaire.

Edited by POA1

Thanks for the answers! I would either be getting a $250 beverage card to cover all or the SBP - no * just* soda here! :)

I could get either of those on board, right? Would I get them at any bar? Guest services?

Again, thanks!!

Ok - Just for clarification. I can bring two bottles of wine on without a corkage fee automatically going to the room, correct? I plan to drink these in the room. Thanks.

You can bring on one bottle per person without a corkage fee. If there is another person in your cabin, then yes, you may bring on a total of two bottles without charge.

CowPrincess:

Caviar was a full ounce. The presentation was less than inspiring. They forgot the Creme Fraiche and when I pointed it out, our waitress told us that "It's supposed to be on the plate." Apparently, the person prepping the caviar doesn't check. The expediter does not check. The server doesn't check. It's up to the guest. The manager was making his rounds and we told him as well. He thanked us for bringing it to his attention and said that it's important that they "know these things." Since the menu tells you that your caviar is served on ice with creme fraiche, I would have though that they'd check. But that's probably just me....

We didn't have a stellar Pinnacle experience. We had a 7:00 PM reservation. our appetizers hit the table at 8:05 PM. All the food was well-prepared, the steaks were good, and the temperatures were spot on. It was just sloooow.

For those of you missing the old Caesar, it's back - at least on the Noordam anyway.

Screech.... Rewind.... It's back?? This would make me happy :)

OK folks on other dam ships- time to assist in POA1's research. We need to find out if this is only Noordam! Have been hoping the new menu is a "work in progress"

Edited by frankc98376

CowPrincess:

Thanks for the report POA1. We are not generally fans of the Pinnacle, and the issues you had with the creme fraiche illustrate one of the reasons we don't very much care for the Pinnacle. This is the highest upcharge item on the menu. You'd think they'd be falling all over themselves to do it properly :(

Were you satisfied with the quality of the caviar?

Seeing as it is a 1 oz serving, it'll be a no-brainer for me providing that your "quality" report is good :D (Someone I'm travelling with adores the Pinnacle, so dinner there will be a must-do, despite my personal opinion!)