Piano availability on Emerald

TommyTV

Hi Everyone

On the last few cruises we were on, we managed to find a room with a piano so that I could keep up my daily practice. Does anyone know if there's a piano anywhere on board that's a little out of the way so i dont annoy too many people. I'm presently learning Chopin's Ballade No 1 which is a killer and really needs daily catchups.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Martin

Wedding Chapel, not used very much. Deck 16 fwd.

Adagio Lounge, Deck 16 Aft, quiet area, but many people go there to read and might not like the practice.

In any case you will have to make arrangements, probably in advance, to use any piano. I have seen locks on some of them. The permission probably will come through the Cruise Director.

There is a piano in the Hearts and Minds Chapel.

That's the best option.

It is not as good a piano as the ones in more public areas, but the location is unused most of the time.

As others have pointed out, check with the Purser's desk or the CD to get permission.

Even if you pre-arrange through Princess the use of the chapel, it does not mean that the ship will honor it.

On the CB over Thanksgiving we had reserved the Hearts and Mind chapel for a private family vow renewal that the renewees knew nothing about.

We get up to the chapel at our appointed time and find the whole thing full of laundry carts with housekeepers using the space to fold towels.

Took a bit of the shine off while we had to awkwardly wait for them to pack up and vacate but it ended up being nice.

Just know going in that anything you prearrange may or may not be available for your use, especially if you are not giving any cash to the ship for the privilege.

Wedding Chapel, not used very much. Deck 16 fwd.

Adagio Lounge, Deck 16 Aft, quiet area, but many people go there to read and might not like the practice.

Unless the OP is a professional piano player, I would not appreciate it if I were in the Adagio Lounge and someone came in to practice a piece on the piano.

DON

We get up to the chapel at our appointed time and find the whole thing full of laundry carts with housekeepers using the space to fold towels.

The towel folder might appreciate a personal concert.

I've got no intention of making anyone suffer whilst I'm struggling with this piece. It's very difficult to play, and means constant repetition of sections, enough to drive even the best music lover insane. Luckily, my wife understands my obsession with this piece.:eek: Look it up on YouTube. Chopin Ballade No 1 in G minor.

Hi Everyone

On the last few cruises we were on, we managed to find a room with a piano so that I could keep up my daily practice. Does anyone know if there's a piano anywhere on board that's a little out of the way so i dont annoy too many people. I'm presently learning Chopin's Ballade No 1 which is a killer and really needs daily catchups.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Martin

I agree with all who said ADAGIO. It's basically abandoned during the day (very few events scheduled there) and it has a grand piano.

You could start with the PSD and ask permission. Another option is to go to ADAGIO when staff are there and ask for the manager.

ADAGIO would be a nice spot if you can swing it, but obviously, a closed off room not in use would be less obtrusive.

Edited by steelers36