What's good on the Menu?

I was checking out the menu for our upcoming cruise and was wondering what some of the best menu items are. Last cruise on RC was in 2007 so I'm sure the food has changed. What are some of your favorite dishes and desserts?

I was checking out the menu for our upcoming cruise and was wondering what some of the best menu items are. Last cruise on RC was in 2007 so I'm sure the food has changed. What are some of your favorite dishes and desserts?

Purely subjective-

If offered:

Appetizer: Smoked Fish Tapenade

Main: Anything..... with a 'side' of NY strip steak

Dessert: Not my thing but the Creme Brûlée looks good.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Brigbound

I really like the cold fruity soups - they are delicious, maybe doesn't sound it but truely they are. Shrimp cocktail is quite good too.

Never had a problem finding something that I like on the main entree menu so I think you will be OK -- I like the prime rib, usually first night, the lamb which is two nights and the duck.

The deserts are OK - this time I plan on trying the cheese plate with some coffee instead of a desert at least once.

And don't forget there is some kind of bailey's liquer if you choose. :D

I am a seafood lover, so some of my favorites are the seafood pasta, carved beef tenderloin, garlic tiger shrimp, and lobster. For appetizers, garlic soup, French onion soup, caesar salad, bay scallops, crabcake, and arancini. I like the strawberry cheesecake and chocolate sensation for dessert.

If you go to Chops, the Mud Pie is the best dessert on the ship!

Small crusty rolls covered with poppy seeds. Love 'em!

HAHA HEY YOU BOSTONIAN -do I have to go on a cruise to hear that they serve rolls w/poppy seeds? LOL :p JUST PLAYING. Let's meet at Au Bon Pain and save several grand...........(ahem, excuse me, refer to my previous post (s) re wine):DI think it's time for bed..............

HAHA HEY YOU BOSTONIAN -do I have to go on a cruise to hear that they serve rolls w/poppy seeds? LOL :p JUST PLAYING. Let's meet at Au Bon Pain and save several grand...........(ahem, excuse me, refer to my previous post (s) re wine):DI think it's time for bed..............

LOL No worries! I'm on the wrong end of the state though (western Mass):D

Funny that someone mentioned the sliders. I don't much even like hamburgers but there was one night where nothing appealed to me and I ordered them. The tomato brioche rolls were WONDERFUL and the fries w/ the aioli on the side were also outstanding.

Also I reallllly hate fruit. But on day 1 the Blueberry peach crumble (I think that's what it's called) is really good. Who knew?

For me the best thing was the Tutti Salad Bar for lunch in the MDR on sea days. Beautiful fresh salad loaded with prawns, smoked chicken and camembert.

My next cruise has 4 sea days and I couldn't be happier!

Edited by Bellamariya