Number of wine bottles on embarkation

wowpeople

I believe there is a technical limit of three bottles, but as far as I know it's never been enforced. Others on CC have mentioned bringing on a case or more.

It's more an out for the cruiseline to shut you down if you abuse the privilege (I mean in terms of drunken behavior). I've never heard of anything like that happening. Then again, I haven't been on all the ships all the time!

Mura

True, you can take what ever you want. we've taken a few case's on the ship. We check them in with the luggage and they will arrive in your room with the luggage. It's never been a problem. You can also pick up more along the way at most ports. Just keep them for cabin drinking only.

Rick

Do they care if you bring a bottle of scotch or something with you? We are boarding in Miami for the first time - never would haul stuff overseas, but could pick something up to have in the cabin.

The only caveat is all alcohol brought aboard is for consumption only in your cabin. Any wine brought to dinner includes a corkage fee ($20 if I remember correctly.)

The only caveat is all alcohol brought aboard is for consumption only in your cabin. Any wine brought to dinner includes a corkage fee ($20 if I remember correctly.)

I believe that I recently read on this board that the corkage fee now is $25.

Edited by CintiPam

Per bottle, and only charged when it is opened. If you save the remainder for another meal there won't be another charge.

Mura

Save the bottle? Where's the fun in that :)

Thanks!

Well, if you're like me and drinking the bottle by myself I prefer to nurse my wine so that I can keep my costs down a little! If we are 3-4 sharing a bottle, nope, there's nothing left over!

Mura

Does Air Tahiti Nui offer decent prices on duty-free liquor flying from LAX to Papeete? Usually I drink wine, but a bottle of vodka or scotch for the stateroom might be a thought. Thanks for any help. :D

You may also bring on alcohol. No problem.

Mura

Hi Mura.

I am now clear on the fact that wine can be brought at embarkation as well as at port (the guidelines did not suggest embarkation). But the alcohol was a surprise- I really thought it was only wine. I was thinking I must drink wine but to have spirits would have to buy at the bar or bon voyage myself. Hah!

So are you happy now???

We took a last minute cruise on NCL a few years ago (NYC to Venice) because it left from our home town and because it was very cost effective.

But when they told me I couldn't take liquor on board, I of course had to defeat them.

I did! But you don't need to do so on Oceania.

Mura

So are you happy now???

We took a last minute cruise on NCL a few years ago (NYC to Venice) because it left from our home town and because it was very cost effective.

But when they told me I couldn't take liquor on board, I of course had to defeat them.

I did! But you don't need to do so on Oceania.

Mura

Yes! Happy as a clam. I was trying to tell myself that $110 (plus free soda) was as good deal as bringing on some wine.

Rum runners sound so risky. One guy in a forum said his wife could smuggle a bottle between her boobs and one under her skirt, lol

Now I can get some duty free as I come into CDG and carry it in my luggage for 20 days before the cruise!?!

• 4 weeks later...

If we bring a glass of wine poured in our room into a bar or dining room, will this be a problem?

You are saying alcohol is not a problem to bring on. DH likes kaluha in his coffee. If it's in our travel mug, can he then fill it with coffee?

Thanks.

If we bring a glass of wine poured in our room into a bar or dining room, will this be a problem?

You are saying alcohol is not a problem to bring on. DH likes kaluha in his coffee. If it's in our travel mug, can he then fill it with coffee?

Thanks.

I do not want to sound like the bar police

Oceania has very liberal policy concerning bring wine & alcohol onboard

Once people start abusing that priviledge they will ban it like the main stream lines

Please do not ruin it for others that abide by the rules

JMO

Lyn

Thanks.

Not a problem but it is tacky!

Plan on using it only in our cabin. Sorry if it sounded like something else.

sorry but it DID sound like something else

Edited by LHT28

But bringing cases on board isn't against the rules on Oceania ...

(I don't know anyone who has gone that far, especially for a two week cruise, though. I do know of people who have brought on a case ...)

Taking a drink from your room to a restaurant are bar is tacky because if enough people do that, Oceania will withdraw the privilege the way most other lines have. I admit, I don't think adding some Kahlua to your coffee is particularly egregious, especially when compared to making yourself a martini and then taking it to a public space.

Mura