Number of wine bottles on embarkation

wowpeople

But bringing cases on board isn't against the rules on Oceania ...

(I don't know anyone who has gone that far, especially for a two week cruise, though. I do know of people who have brought on a case ...)

Taking a drink from your room to a restaurant are bar is tacky because if enough people do that, Oceania will withdraw the privilege the way most other lines have. I admit, I don't think adding some Kahlua to your coffee is particularly egregious, especially when compared to making yourself a martini and then taking it to a public space.

Mura

My understanding is you are allowed 3 bottles, people here talk about bringing lots more. I have never brought any so I have no first hand knowledge. People harp on the dress rules and smoking rules but because bringing booze on board is popular it is ok to stretch the written rule just keep quite and " do not get drunk". I like to smoke cigars however when traveling I do not bother because it hard and unpopular. Maybe if I just smoke a few on the veranda or room but do not tell anyone it will be ok, what do you think?

Well, you are correct in that three bottles are what is specified.

But since it's pretty obvious when you bring on a case, and Oceania as far as I know has never OBJECTED to those cases (easy enough to do), I'm assuming they really don't care ...

Unless you become drunk and obnoxious, in which case they will.

Mura

Maybe if I just smoke a few on the veranda or room but do not tell anyone it will be ok, what do you think?

I think you would probably find yourself on the dock with your bag at the next port

Smoking on your veranda or in your cabin IS clearly against the rules :rolleyes:

I do not want to sound like the bar police

Oceania has very liberal policy concerning bring wine & alcohol onboard

Once people start abusing that priviledge they will ban it like the main stream lines

Please do not ruin it for others that abide by the rules

JMO

Lyn

I agree with this, I am even wondering if with all this talk, the policy would have changed by July!

I would say that you could get your coffee and do the deed in your room, and take it around with you- as long as there is not a ban on walking with a coffee!

;)

I would say that you could get your coffee and do the deed in your room, and take it around with you- as long as there is not a ban on walking with a coffee!

:mad: Why don't you "say" that this person should buy the liquor that they drink outside of their Cabin from an Oceania Bar the way that the rest of us do?

Why does everything have to sink to the lowest common denominator of "what can be gotten away with"?

Must we have we no honor at all??

If anybody wonders why the Mainstream lines don't allow their passengers to bring on a drop of outside liquor, they need only read the posts in this thread.

nice_thing.jpg

Edited by JimandStan

It's not just tacky, it's just plain cheap, not acceptable and the rules clearly state for inside cabin use only.

Rick

Its just cheap...

like smuggling in snacks and popcorn to a theater, grabbing all the bread off the table and stuffing it in a pocket, coat or purse in a restaraunt. snacking on open foods in a market..... stealing ashtrays in hotels... shorting a servers tip.

I am not sure 'this turkey is done' cuts it for me right now.

:mad: Why don't you "say" that this person should buy the liquor that they drink outside of their Cabin from an Oceania Bar the way that the rest of us do?

Why does everything have to sink to the lowest common denominator of "what can be gotten away with"?

Must we have we no honor at all??

If anybody wonders why the Mainstream lines don't allow their passengers to bring on a drop of outside liquor, they need only read the posts in this thread.

nice_thing.jpg

Is this directed at me? I think you must have missed my quote and 'I agree with this'- meaning I am on your side. (Oh hang on, you removed THAT part of my post). It was the wink, wasn't it? I am a new forum member. It was a clumsy joke. Sheesh.

We all know what bullying feels like, and this is what it feels like to me.

Not cool.

Is this directed at me? I think you must have missed my quote and 'I agree with this'- meaning I am on your side. (Oh hang on, you removed THAT part of my post). It was the wink, wasn't it? I am a new forum member. It was a clumsy joke. Sheesh.

We all know what bullying feels like, and this is what it feels like to me.

Not cool.

Honestly this was directed at you, but seeing as you are so new to the Forum, I'll take your word for it that you were trying for a joke, and will apologize to you for overreacting.

I hope that you will stay among us long enough to realize that it was the "sneaking liquor out of the cabin" thing, and nothing about you personally, which set me off.

I'm afraid that it is one of my pet peeves.

Again, I'm sorry.

Honestly this was directed at you, but seeing as you are so new to the Forum, I'll take your word for it that you were trying for a joke, and will apologize to you for overreacting.

I hope that you will stay among us long enough to realize that it was the "sneaking liquor out of the cabin" thing, and nothing about you personally, which set me off.

I'm afraid that it is one of my pet peeves.

Again, I'm sorry.

One of my pet peeves is the selective enforcement of a policy. I can not fathmon how it is ok to " SNEAK" more than 3 bottles of wine on the ship or hard liquor, for your room but not ok to "SNEAK" it out of your room. I follow all of the lines policies no matter if I like them or not and I think it is wrong to pick and chose the ones that benefit me.

Maybe we are talking semantics here?

No one has to sneak 3 bottles (or a case) onto Oceania. It is permitted to bring liquor on board for consumption in your suite.

It is NOT permitted to bring that same liquor to the public rooms.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

If you come from travel on lines like NCL (which I know from personal experience doesn't permit passengers bringing on their own bottles of wine or liquor), maybe that's why you're having difficulty here.

It's really a simple rule.

Mura

One of my pet peeves is the selective enforcement of a policy. I can not fathmon how it is ok to " SNEAK" more than 3 bottles of wine on the ship or hard liquor, for your room but not ok to "SNEAK" it out of your room. I follow all of the lines policies no matter if I like them or not and I think it is wrong to pick and chose the ones that benefit me.

I hardly think if someone were bringing a case of wine on the ship they would be able to SNEAK it aboard :D

from the FAQ's

Can I purchase bottles of wine at ports of call and bring them onboard?

Guests wishing to purchase wine in a port of call and bring it onboard with them may do so, limited to three (3) bottles per stateroom. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship's dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Spent 14 day on Riviera on March and had a great cruise. We brought on 7 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of scotch. We did not hide it. It was in a small rolling carry on suitcase that was scanned as we boarded or a backpack that was carried on and scanned. We only drank the scotch or wine in our room or on our balcony. We purchased bottles of wine for dinner in the various venues and drinks by the pool or at one of the bars. We appreciate that Oceania allows us to do this. We did however see some folks at the pool with some type of container/pitcher wrapped in a towel while they were shaking it over and over. Eventually they poured it into Solo cups - not red -- maybe blue. In any case I found it to be very awkward and I was almost embarrassed for them. As Jim and Stan said Why ruin it for everyone! I saw one of the pool staff approach them but don't really know what the outcome was. I felt bad that he (the staff person) was put in that position and did not want to bear witness to what happened. If I had to sneak alcohol to the pool, I would just take a less expensive cruise and purchase the liquor package. It wouldn't have been as nice as Oceania but I wouldn't have put myself or someone else in a terrible position.

Does Air Tahiti Nui offer decent prices on duty-free liquor flying from LAX to Papeete? Usually I drink wine, but a bottle of vodka or scotch for the stateroom might be a thought. Thanks for any help. :D

Can anyone answer this question...inquiring minds want to know!

Beings this question is a little off topic from the thread title it might not be noticed by the resident Air Tahiti Nui experts. This question might get a faster reply as a thread on the flyer or ports of call boards

Can anyone answer this question...inquiring minds want to know!

I notice that you list a Kona location in your profile. Whether Hawaii or L.A. (per the OP), it would be far less expensive than "duty free" shops to purchase alcohol (including tax) at a Safeway in either state (though you would have to put it in your checked baggage).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums